Orange/White/White Combo looks pretty good | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orange/White/White Combo looks pretty good

The white with orange helmet is a clean look.

The elongated numbers need to go. I'm okay with the stripes, although no one is going to get the 44 degree angle deal.

I really dislike the all blue home unis. Last year's all blues were actually better.

I'm as old school as you can get but when I showed my 17 yr old son and his buddies the pictures of the uniforms, they went crazy about how they were the sweetest uniforms they had ever seen. They all especially loved the numbers! This is why this dinosaur has changed his tune
and when i showed it to my kid and his HS team they hated them. there is a reason that people are still liking the classy uniforms from 15-20 years ago. no matter how much anyone likes these they will be not looked at in 20 years as being good.

CGCci8y.jpg

i think the uni looks good here. eat your heart out lawrinson

referencing tall buildings 6 hours away with stretched out striped numbers is incredibly subtle and unique.

Not sure if you've ever been to Syracuse but I'm pretty sure Art Deco architecture isn't isolated to NYC. Just because they're creating a tie-in the most-populous city in our state doesn't mean that the unis have no credibility as it relates to CNY.

If you're ok with SU's scope remaining a private university in CNY than I suppose the marketing brand of McNabb era uniforms will suit you fine. I personally like the diversity of the new unis and what they're trying to do to expand the Cuse brand beyond CNY.

CarolinaCuse said:
Not sure if you've ever been to Syracuse but I'm pretty sure Art Deco architecture isn't isolated to NYC. Just because they're creating a tie-in the most-populous city in our state doesn't mean that the unis have no credibility as it relates to CNY. If you're ok with SU's scope remaining a private university in CNY than I suppose the marketing brand of McNabb era uniforms will suit you fine. I personally like the diversity of the new unis and what they're trying to do to expand the Cuse brand beyond CNY.

No problem with that perspective, but I don't see Art Deco or tall buildings when I look at the numbers. I see numbers that look out of place on a football jersey.

Not sure if you've ever been to Syracuse but I'm pretty sure Art Deco architecture isn't isolated to NYC. Just because they're creating a tie-in the most-populous city in our state doesn't mean that the unis have no credibility as it relates to CNY.

If you're ok with SU's scope remaining a private university in CNY than I suppose the marketing brand of McNabb era uniforms will suit you fine. I personally like the diversity of the new unis and what they're trying to do to expand the Cuse brand beyond CNY.
newsflash, SU is a private university in CNY. but if i were interested in pretending that SU is tied to NYC, I would prefer a less subtle approach. preferably one that any person besides van boob or whatever the designer's name was would catch without being told

i'm fine with the NY's college team advertising.

newsflash, SU is a private university in CNY. but if i were interested in pretending that SU is tied to NYC, I would prefer a less subtle approach. preferably one that any person besides van boob or whatever the designer's name was would catch without being told

i'm fine with the NY's college team advertising.

Here you go captain obvious:

cuseflguni.png

i think we just need orange pants and we'll be good. i think orange helmet orange jersey and blue pants would be a sweet look too.

I think this will be my favorite combo...White, White with the Orange hat