Orangemen (and women) | Syracusefan.com

Orangemen (and women)

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Any chance they will correct this now that there are new people in charge? Or is this a Nike contractual issue?

I think we cursed ourselves once we made the name change in the sake of PC and money.

Any chance they reverse the curse and bring back Orangemen (women)?

Any chance they will correct this now that there are new people in charge? Or is this a Nike contractual issue?

I think we cursed ourselves once we made the name change in the sake of PC and money.

Any chance they bring back Orangemen (women)?

image.jpg

been saying the same stuff 4 some years. we are the orange women and orangemen that is our idenity ---there is no disrespect,intended --in fact i dare say that women would want to be known as there own entity---they deserve that!!!!!they have had great teams--better than the men

As long as you leave the space between "Orange" and "Men" go for it.

The change had nothing to do with political correctness. The university/Nike wanted one brand instead of two.

The change had nothing to do with political correctness. The university/Nike wanted one brand instead of two.
If that's the case they should have considered going with "Orange Homosapiens" to distinguish us from fruit... but then I suppose the name would get truncated to something far more controversial. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If we had to change it, at least we didn't bastardize the name like St. John's did.

I know people love the "political correctness has gone too far" narrative, but it does not apply here.

Babers seems to like "Cuse man" (although he pronounces it kyooz man; someone ought to say something)

Babers seems to like "Cuse man" (although he pronounces it kyooz man; someone ought to say something)

What's wrong with that pronunciation? Are you implying "cooz man" is better?:noidea:

I have never acknowledged the orange nickname. Always orangemen

What's wrong with that pronunciation? Are you implying "cooz man" is better?:noidea:

Haha. I say "kyoos" and not "kyooz" but maybe I'm alone. I actually think "kyooz" is a little too close to cooze.

Haha. I say "kyoos" and not "kyooz" but maybe I'm alone. I actually think "kyooz" is a little too close to cooze.
When I was in school most students from Long Island pronounced it Seeri-kyoos.

donniesyracuse said:

To be fair, at the time there was only one brand. The lady orange were terrible. Selling gear they were not.

I prefer Orangemen. Sounds sinister like a secret society (bonesmen, kingsmen, etc.).

We need to start a poll to see who prefers kyooz or kyoos. I am confident I will win.:);)

This lady prefers Orangemen!! And Orangewomen is fine also. And yes the Orangewomen are better, and need to be separated from the weaker men, lol!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom