Oregon | Syracusefan.com

Oregon

Briancuse

Living Legend
What in the world has happened to them? Getting waxed again by Cal, they were in the title game a couple years ago, Was Kelly that much of a genius?

I know. Not a huge fan of helfritch. The school basically recruits itself and academically, a plant could gain admission. Their defense is aweful and its a head scratcher given the athletes they have.

What in the world has happened to them? Getting waxed again by Cal, they were in the title game a couple years ago, Was Kelly that much of a genius?

All programs go through cycles...unless you are Alabama and Ohio State apparently.

Brady Hoke has been an unmitigated disaster though. Wowsers.

It's their defense. It's horrible. Their Dline gets pushed around all game long.

I don't blame Hoke for this year, because they were very bad on defense last year, as well.

Oregon always gave up points, it's just that they scored way more and did very good on specials

Now they have regressed to a more normal offensive output, the specials have regressed to average, and the D has stayed the same.

All programs go through cycles...unless you are Alabama and Ohio State apparently.

Brady Hoke has been an unmitigated disaster though. Wowsers.
alabama had a bad cycle too, its just seems so long ago now

I know. Not a huge fan of helfritch. The school basically recruits itself and academically, a plant could gain admission. Their defense is aweful and its a head scratcher given the athletes they have.
I think that the facilities gap is shrinking. Even some G5 schools have IPF's. Think about that...

They were dirty and the NCAA sniffed around enough that they scaled back on the cheating.

Oregon always gave up points, it's just that they scored way more and did very good on specials

Now they have regressed to a more normal offensive output, the specials have regressed to average, and the D has stayed the same.
^^This and ^^This. They have always had a poor defense, but they were able to score a lot of points to make up for it. Since Kelly left they have not had a good QB, depending on JCs and xfers rather than a recruit. The surprising thing is that Helfrich was the OC under Kelly. The team that was in the championship game was all Kelly's recruits. They are very, very angry up there. I'd be very surprised if they haven't had several servers melt down into molten piles of silicon at eDuck HQ. They really didn't like how close we played them and now that they've been doing some serious losing ...

Hoke shouldn't even be a HS coach, let alone coaching at a big college program. He was absolutely awful at Michigan. The guy has no clue whatsoever. I haven't a clue how he made it this far. May not all be his fault, but yeah, he's in Greg Robinson territory IMO. But, worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom