Oscar deaths | Syracusefan.com

Oscar deaths

SWC75

Bored Historian
I love the annual in memoriam segment when it's well done, (I'd prefer scenes from their films and for the applause to not be muted). But I hate it when I find out in watching it that someone I didn't know had died was gone. Tonight I found out that we'd lost Rod Taylor, (heart attack) and Edward Herrmann, (brain tunor).

I'd also like a little more time given to the careers of people like Lauren Bacall, James Garner and Robin Williams.

One name I didn't recognize was Misty Upham. She'd played a housekeeper in a movie I saw last year: August, Osage County. She died at the age of 32 by falling off a cliff. She was a Blackfoot Indian who had "a previous encounter" with the local police. Her family is angry with the police for giving her disappearance low priority, making one wonder if there's more to this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misty_Upham

I love the annual in memoriam segment when it's well done, (I'd prefer scenes from their films and for the applause to not be muted). But I hate it when I find out in watching it that someone I didn't know had died was gone. Tonight I found out that we'd lost Rod Taylor, (heart attack) and Edward Herrmann, (brain tunor).

I'd also like a little more time given to the careers of people like Lauren Bacall, James Garner and Robin Williams.

One name I didn't recognize was Misty Upham. She'd played a housekeeper in a movie I saw last year: August, Osage County. She died at the age of 32 by falling off a cliff. She was a Blackfoot Indian who had "a previous encounter" with the local police. Her family is angry with the police for giving her disappearance low priority, making one wonder if there's more to this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misty_Upham

I felt the same way about Edward Herrmann and a couple others. Couldn't believe it.

I didn't care for the images they used. I had no sense of the time period they were from, I guess.

Werent most of the drawings taken from their movie scenes?

I imagine so, but some of the ones I didn't know I had no sense of what timeframe they were from. I know, first world problems.

Very strange that they left out Joan Rivers, Jan Hooks, and Taylor Negron. They were mostly known for TV, but the Oscars montage is fairly all-encompassing...especially Rivers who contributed so much to the spectacle of awards shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom