OT: 1996 Bulls vs. 2016 Warriors | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

OT: 1996 Bulls vs. 2016 Warriors

It would be an interesting series. Def not a gimmee for the Clips, but if they can't beat them sans Steph it would be time to blow up that team IMO.

Yeah I'd agree with that; the whole argument to not blow them up is basically "they're really good, and if you get in the playoffs you never know, a timely injury and you're in the finals etc"; if they get that injury and still can't get it done, what's the point?

If the Clippers don't make the Finals this year I expect Blake Griffin to be traded to Boston for the #3 pick, Jared Sullinger, Marcus Smart.

They won't get past the Spurs sans Curry.

I do an NBA playoff contest with my friends, and I had the Spurs beating GS even with Curry. I'm just saying hypothetically if they pull this off without their superstar, I'm officially done listening to the 90s players chirping.

If the Clippers don't make the Finals this year I expect Blake Griffin to be traded to Boston for the #3 pick, Jared Sullinger, Marcus Smart.

You wouldn't be a Celtics fan by any chance, would you? (Rhetorical question)

You wouldn't be a Celtics fan by any chance, would you? (Rhetorical question)
Blake pissed off Chris Paul and Doc Rivers badly this year. They will deal him if they lose early this year. Boston is the best fit right now.

They have assets both high draft picks and decent players. At worst Boston will have the 5th pick. I think they will get the 3rd pick. If they get first or second they will get an even better player.

Blake in the East doesn't kill LAC and gives him a chance to play with a good decent team. Put Blake in Boston and healthy next year they are a top 3 team in the East. Smart, Sullinger, and a high rookie pick is about the closest thing the Clippers will get. I am sure with all the draft picks Boston has they could throw more in.

Boston has 8 draft picks this year.
3 first round picks TOP 5 TBA, 16, 24
5 second picks 31, 35, 45, 51, 58
They will be th most logical trade partner.

Blake pissed off Chris Paul and Doc Rivers badly this year. They will deal him if they lose early this year. Boston is the best fit right now.

They have assets both high draft picks and decent players. At worst Boston will have the 5th pick. I think they will get the 3rd pick. If they get first or second they will get an even better player.

Blake in the East doesn't kill LAC and gives him a chance to play with a good decent team. Put Blake in Boston and healthy next year they are a top 3 team in the East. Smart, Sullinger, and a high rookie pick is about the closest thing the Clippers will get. I am sure with all the draft picks Boston has they could throw more in.

Boston has 8 draft picks this year.
3 first round picks TOP 5 TBA, 16, 24
5 second picks 31, 35, 45, 51, 58
They will be th most logical trade partner.

I have no problem seeing the Clippers trading Blake, and I shouldn't underestimate GM Doc's ability to make a bad trade, but that package seems really light to me. If the Clippers trade Blake, they should go all in on spreading the floor around CP3/Deandre pick and rolls. I don't see how a 35% career shooter (and 30% from 3) helps that. I know he's a good defender, but you kind of need to be able to shoot. And Sullinger is basically a homeless man's Blake Griffin. We're talking about a guy who is probably one of the ten best players in the league (Maybe a little too high? If so not by much) who is signed for 2 more years at a really friendly contract. That trade looks better if Boston gets into the top 2 of the draft. I think if you swap out Crowder for Smart it's a lot easier to sell the Clippers on it. Crowder would fit that Clipper roster a lot better.

How about Crowder and Olynk instead of Smart and Sully. And man, they have 5 second rounders this year? They're going to have to trade a bunch of those/use them on draft and stash types. Knicks have no picks this year...

Last edited:

I still hold out hope he gets traded for Melo.

I'd love to see Melo get to play with CP3.

I still hold out hope he gets traded for Melo.

I'd love to see Melo get to play with CP3.

That would at least work in terms of style of play. Griffin is great, but Melo is much more of a stretch 4.

And a Griffin for Melo trade would probably be great for the Knicks. That would mean KP is a full time, or close to it, C, but I think that's somewhat inevitable.

That would at least work in terms of style of play. Griffin is great, but Melo is much more of a stretch 4.

And a Griffin for Melo trade would probably be great for the Knicks. That would mean KP is a full time, or close to it, C, but I think that's somewhat inevitable.

Yeah, the Knicks get the younger player. Youth shouldn't matter as much to the Clippers as they are in win now mode, so Melo being older isn't as big of a deal as it might be to other teams. And despite the age difference, the two players are still comparable in ability.

Yeah, the Knicks get the younger player. Youth shouldn't matter as much to the Clippers as they are in win now mode, so Melo being older isn't as big of a deal as it might be to other teams. And despite the age difference, the two players are still comparable in ability.

I t hink Blake might be a little better, but Cp3 is getting up there, and more importantly, I think Melo fits that roster a little better

I have no problem seeing the Clippers trading Blake, and I shouldn't underestimate GM Doc's ability to make a bad trade, but that package seems really light to me. If the Clippers trade Blake, they should go all in on spreading the floor around CP3/Deandre pick and rolls. I don't see how a 35% career shooter (and 30% from 3) helps that. I know he's a good defender, but you kind of need to be able to shoot. And Sullinger is basically a homeless man's Blake Griffin. We're talking about a guy who is probably one of the ten best players in the league (Maybe a little too high? If so not by much) who is signed for 2 more years at a really friendly contract. That trade looks better if Boston gets into the top 2 of the draft. I think if you swap out Crowder for Smart it's a lot easier to sell the Clippers on it. Crowder would fit that Clipper roster a lot better.

How about Crowder and Olynk instead of Smart and Sully. And man, they have 5 second rounders this year? They're going to have to trade a bunch of those/use them on draft and stash types. Knicks have no picks this year...
I could see that package. I wasn't married to it being those 2 guys. The Celtics entire roster are good/decent role players.

I could see that package. I wasn't married to it being those 2 guys. The Celtics entire roster are good/decent role players.

Yeah the Celtics roster is basically tailor made to make one of those trades for a star where you give up young players/picks. I just think you'd need to go further up the food chain, so to speak, to get Blake back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom