OT: '30 for 30:Requiem for the Big East' | Syracusefan.com

OT: '30 for 30:Requiem for the Big East'

Just in case you haven't noticed yet, ESPN's 30 for 30: Requiem for the Big East' is available on Netflix now.
It ain't perfect but it's pretty awesome.

Oh man, I just looked for it on Netflix the other day. I prolly wouldnt have checked again for a month. Thanks for the heads up!

Several, actually. It's amazing - the camera caught him while he was standing up. ;)

Yeah but one long shot of him celebrating our win over the Hoyas.

I recorded this on DVD when it first came out on ESPN. Watch it every couple of months. I think it is a great documentary and brought back a lot of memories.

It has a great shot of our very own nycfan in it. That alone makes it very cool.

Well I hear we're sitting together next month at MSG--maybe we'll both get on for that one! (and they look like pretty good tix so you never know...)

Last edited:
Does anyone who has this know how to upload it to torrent for the good of the masses? ;)

Downloaded from Amazon when it first came out. It's awesome -- just don't look for much about UConn in it.:rolling:

Downloaded from Amazon when it first came out. It's awesome -- just don't look for much about UConn in it.:rolling:

yeah. I'm still biter about that :)

Apparently someone is pitching a 30 for 30 to ESPN about the rise of UCONN from nowhere to the center of the college bb universe. Geno & Jim.

You?

At our First Night celebration, we had a player carry out the National Championship Trophy that their team won.

It took so long, they had to cancel the 3 point contest.

13 national championships in recent history. 3 for Jim. 9 for Geno. 1 for Kevin.

At our First Night celebration, we had a player carry out the National Championship Trophy that their team won.

13 national championships in recent history. 3 for Jim. 9 for Geno. 1 for Kevin.
And look what it got you. Welcome to the G5

And look what it got you. Welcome to the G5

I would take the championships.

Can you imagine a 30 for 30 about Rutgers? "Sleeping Giant gets Paid" with all kinds of TV rating and demographic info. Maybe some stuff about how NJ became so densely populated? Or a video of DeFIlippo going to a bank and caching an ACC check? Endorsing it. Waiting in line. etc

VS.

Caron Butler going off for 26 in the second half of a elite 8 game? Or Kemba's step back against Pitt?

Somehow I think the UCONN documentary would be more compelling.

Not to go off on a tangent, but we know Geno has been very successful. Unfortunately not too many people outside of the Nutmeg state even care.

Not to go off on a tangent, but we know Geno has been very successful. Unfortunately not too many people outside of the Nutmeg state even care.

The TV ratings for UCONN-ND this year were about the same as the Duke-UNC game and better than all but 6 men's games last year. The SU-Duke game beat it both times.

I think you underestimate the impact because you might not be in the demographic.

The TV ratings for UCONN-ND this year were about the same as the Duke-UNC game and better than all but 6 men's games last year. The SU-Duke game beat it both times.

I think you underestimate the impact because you might not be in the demographic.
Yes, but that is exactly the problem. Geno has a great program but he is the only one with a great program. Do you think that the Men's March Madness would be as successful if John Wooden and UCLA were around today. No, it's all about the upsets. You don't see that in Women's hoops.

Yes, but that is exactly the problem. Geno has a great program but he is the only one with a great program. Do you think that the Men's March Madness would be as successful if John Wooden and UCLA were around today. No, it's all about the upsets. You don't see that in Women's hoops.

The ratings from women's bb blow away any other college sport not named bb or football.

They kill lacrosse, hockey, baseball, volleyball, soccer etc.

It's not even remotely close.

The ratings from women's bb blow away any other college sport not named bb or football.

They kill lacrosse, hockey, baseball, volleyball, soccer etc.

It's not even remotely close.

No one cares about those either. For lax, those that care tend to go to the FF. Not too many people watching TV Memorial Day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom