OT: 49ers eliminated from playoff contention | Syracusefan.com

OT: 49ers eliminated from playoff contention

SU2NASA

All American
NrgFVK8.gif

B41oKnSCQAAwerK.jpg

i'm just shocked that a jim harbaugh offense is struggling. he's having trouble finding enough tight ends to run his type of offense

i'm just shocked that a jim harbaugh offense is struggling. he's having trouble finding enough tight ends to run his type of offense

It's what happens when a coach is too invested personally in his qb. I still say Harbaugh coaches for the Raiders, Giants, or Dolphins next year. The wife stuff is nonsense

It's what happens when a coach is too invested personally in his qb. I still say Harbaugh coaches for the Raiders, Giants, or Dolphins next year. The wife stuff is nonsense
Kaepernick has not had a good year, but the play calling has accentuated the problem, Greg Roman (OC) is the ultimate meathead.

Raiders seem like the most logical choice for both parties. Going back to coach college at Michigan would be a stupid move.

Raiders seem like the most logical choice for both parties. Going back to coach college at Michigan would be a stupid move.

Why? He'd be taking over an organization in disarray, that's owned by a Davis.

Michigan will back up a dumptruck full of money to his house, and he'll return a hero to Ann Arbor with all of the job security that can be offered. He'll make NFL money at Michigan.

Kaepernick has not had a good year, but the play calling has accentuated the problem, Greg Roman (OC) is the ultimate meathead.

Don't forget that offensive line of his. He might be playing behind the second worst line in the NFL this year. I couldn't believe how much constant pressure he was under every time I saw him this year -- he almost looked like Kurt Warner on the Giants in 2004 he was getting rushed and hit so much.

Michigan will back up a dumptruck full of money to his house, and he'll return a hero to Ann Arbor with all of the job security that can be offered. He'll make NFL money at Michigan.
Michigan is also in disarray; the whole AD is a mess. Also, coaching in college is a significant step down from the pros... Too many NFL teams would take Harbaugh right now.

This. I have to imagine there is some big time nfl coach that is thinking they could go to a school, sign up all the 5 stars they want, and win, just like Alabama. Saban is a GOD in alabama. 7M salary, they bought him a house etc. Harbough has to think he could make out as well. Right?

This. I have to imagine there is some big time nfl coach that is thinking they could go to a school, sign up all the 5 stars they want, and win, just like Alabama. Saban is a GOD in alabama. 7M salary, they bought him a house etc. Harbough has to think he could make out as well. Right?
Saban knows he couldn't cut it in the NFL. Harbaugh has too big of an ego to resign himself to coaching amateur football.

Or his ego makes him want to go back to his alma mater as a hero and build that program back into a national power.

He's been horrid this year and hopefully he leaves when Harbaugh leaves. He got away from the thing that this team feeds on it and that is the run. Being a 49ers fan felt like watching SU this year. Glad this is just about over and hopefully next year is better for both teams.

Saban knows he couldn't cut it in the NFL. Harbaugh has too big of an ego to resign himself to coaching amateur football.

Saban could cut it in the nfl, if he learned his lesson from the Dolphins. and didn't treat 30 year old millionaires like 18 year olds this time.

One thing is for sure, this will be interesting. It sounds as if Oakland is ready to throw huge money at someone

There's also Atlanta. I suspect that Harbaugh will want full control, which may not work with Arthur Blank... unless he can bring his own GM (another spot in Atlanta that will be open).

There's also Atlanta. I suspect that Harbaugh will want full control, which may not work with Arthur Blank... unless he can bring his own GM (another spot in Atlanta that will be open).

Good point, I just can't see him going back to college when somebody in the NFL will pay him what he wants and give him more control. Just don't see him wanting to go back to college at this point

Good point, I just can't see him going back to college when somebody in the NFL will pay him what he wants and give him more control. Just don't see him wanting to go back to college at this point

I've heard Michigan would be willing to go to 8-9 million.

Consider also that Michigan is talking to Harbaugh now and no other NFL team can.

He's been horrid this year and hopefully he leaves when Harbaugh leaves. He got away from the thing that this team feeds on it and that is the run. Being a 49ers fan felt like watching SU this year. Glad this is just about over and hopefully next year is better for both teams.
It's so true, I would be watching games this year and the run is working, so of course Roman would go away from the run and start passing. If he somehow stays on staff after harbaugh is gone I will be distraught. Fangio on the other hand, I don't mind keeping around.

It's so true, I would be watching games this year and the run is working, so of course Roman would go away from the run and start passing. If he somehow stays on staff after harbaugh is gone I will be distraught. Fangio on the other hand, I don't mind keeping around.
I read or heard somewhere that they may look at the DC or DLCoach as the next head coach. Well liked and respected by a lot of the players. He'll just need to get a decent OC and think they will be fine although they are going to go through salary cap casualties during off season. Going to suck they will probably not be able to keep Bolden and have to make decisions on Willis and Bowman as well.

Millhouse said:
I don't trust a coach who looks like a deranged mall walker

And yet you still like Leach.

I like this idea that Harbrah has too big an ego to go back to college, but not Nick Saban.

I've heard Michigan would be willing to go to 8-9 million.

Consider also that Michigan is talking to Harbaugh now and no other NFL team can.

And yet some here still believe that the University pays the entire coaches salaries, if those numbers are true, where do you think the extra cash is coming from? The Fab 5?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom