OT: 73 wins. No title. | Syracusefan.com

OT: 73 wins. No title.

How is 73 wins viewed without a title?

• 73 is meaningless without the title!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • It's tainted but still significant.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Losing the title takes nothing away from the 73.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Back to the drawing board!

30-5 and a Championship beats 73 wins and nada!

Choke job... That game was there for the Warriors to take in the 4th when neither team scored for like 3 minutes but Curry and Thompson both missed easy (for them) shots. Much credit to Lebron being super human and the Cavs D but the Warriors stopped executing when it counted.

Choke job... That game was there for the Warriors to take in the 4th when neither team scored for like 3 minutes but Curry and Thompson both missed easy (for them) shots. Much credit to Lebron being super human and the Cavs D but the Warriors stopped executing when it counted.
I'm not saying it was a choke. Everyone was exhausted at that point. Cleveland won because of the block, Love's big defensive stand and Kyrie's huge shot. They missed a lot also down the stretch. Curry and Thompson had the back to back threes and it was their's to win at that point. But then exhaustion took over.

I'm not saying it was a choke. Everyone was exhausted at that point. Cleveland won because of the block, Love's big defensive stand and Kyrie's huge shot. They missed a lot also down the stretch. Curry and Thompson had the back to back threes and it was their's to win at that point. But then exhaustion took over.

Gs took some bad shots, but Cle made the plays they needed to make.

Said it on the Playoff thread earlier today... BULLS. They may have beat their regular season record, but without the championship it doesn't matter. Da Bulls!!

'choke job' is the go-to headline when the favorite loses. Cleveland is a team with 3 superstars - one of them being a top 5 player all-time - and they got the job done when they needed to. Curry and Thompson could have played better. The outcome could have been different if Green didn't miss game 5. But Cleveland is a great team that played well when it needed to. Simple as that, in my opinion.

Said it on the Playoff thread earlier today... BULLS. They may have beat their regular season record, but without the championship it doesn't matter. Da Bulls!!
Sports is all about championships. No one cares about second. This season will go down as a huge disappointment for GSW. Especially up 3-1. If Green played like he did tonight all the time and stopped being a punk they probably would have swept. Instead he got stupid and the tides shifted.

I think with or without the championship, most who follow basketball would say that Bulls team was better (cuz it was). So losing this game doesn't change things in regards to the Bulls-GS comparison.

Even if they won the talk would have been absurd, now its not even worth discussing.

I think with or without the championship, most who follow basketball would say that Bulls team was better (cuz it was). So losing this game doesn't change things in regards to the Bulls-GS comparison.

Most who follow basketball have an irrational love of Michael Jordan that is borderline insufferable, which makes hypothetical debates like that just completely void of thoughtfulness. (Not talking about you, just in general)

Most who follow basketball have an irrational love of Michael Jordan that is borderline insufferable, which makes hypothetical debates like that just completely void of thoughtfulness. (Not talking about you, just in general)

I am a Knicks fan, I hated the guy, but I can't deny that hes the greatest player to ever live.

I am a Knicks fan, I hated the guy, but I can't deny that hes the greatest player to ever live.

Agreed, he's the best player ever. But whenever I talk basketball with someone who grew up in the 90s and MJ gets brought up I feel like I'm talking to a North Korean about Kim Jung Un. Any minor criticism of anything just isn't tolerated.

I really hate that the lesson here is don't try for a new level of greatness. Just go for regular level greatness.

I understand that not winning the title diminishes it a bit, but they've still been one of the best teams ever these last two years. Much like I don't let the Patriots losing the Super Bowl outweigh how special that team was, I can say the same for this Golden State team. This was an incredible season; they just came up a tiny bit short of having the cherry on top.

ApE757O.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom