OT: Amazon Fire Stick | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Amazon Fire Stick

Can it be moved from 1 TV to another?

Can it be moved from 1 TV to another?
Yes.

It's just the stick and small power adapter, though probably any microUSB cable will work to power it.

Do you need 2 HDMI ports? One for the fire stick and one for the cable box?
My new Samsung Smart TV only has 2 hdmi's and I had them both in use when I bought the Firestick. Easy solution; I bought an HDMI three port hub.

I'm totally ignorant about this stuff. What does a Firestick get me that I don't have with my gazillion FiOS channels? :noidea:

I'm totally ignorant about this stuff. What does a Firestick get me that I don't have with my gazillion FiOS channels? :noidea:
WatchESPN (including ESPN3), Netflix, Amazon video, etc., etc..

WatchESPN is handy if you want to catch games on a 2nd or 3rd TV, or want to watch a game outside and don't have a wireless box.

It's also a way to get SlingTV in case you want to ditch the video portion of your Verizon bill.

WatchESPN (including ESPN3), Netflix, Amazon video, etc., etc..

WatchESPN is handy if you want to catch games on a 2nd or 3rd TV, or want to watch a game outside and don't have a wireless box.

It's also a way to get SlingTV in case you want to ditch the video portion of your Verizon bill.

Also gets you HBOGo and ShowtimeAnytime which offer much more content than the On Demand channels from the same. And there is games content though I don;t know how intensive that is.

Just got this yesterday. Love it so far. Any recommendations on must get apps? Besides the typical ones like ESPN, HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.

A more general question on the Fire stick for anyone who has it...have you loaded Kodi on it and if so, does it still work? I have a Roku but Plex sucks and I've heard that Kodi is much better. But I read somewhere that Amazon has cut off Kodi. Any info would be appreciated.
I haven't loaded Kodi but a friend of mine has. He loves it! Claims he can get anything he wants.

So it's a media player? Or can you access movies and tv shows with it, kind of like Netflix or Hulu?
Haven't tried it but I think with Genesis, you can search the Internet for any video content. Like Netflix except not limited to one company's library.

So it's a media player? Or can you access movies and tv shows with it, kind of like Netflix or Hulu?
It is a media player. You can set it up to play your library or what most people do with it it is us Genesis and then you can find basically anything to watch.

Is XBMC Media Player the same as Kodi?

Kodi is not in the Amazon app store.