OT, Anyone on the board from podunk, aka pulaski | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT, Anyone on the board from podunk, aka pulaski

its worth the drive...hour and 20 min door to door for us to this...View attachment 18245
View attachment 18245 View attachment 18246

the nice thing is that being up there a few miles north of Henderson and the taxes and costs are halved. Come on up sometime!
wow, that looks exactly like my mother in laws camp at sawyers bay, beautiful, lenn6 , I must know you, do the pizzutos still own the elms? had to stop at dinks house when my first child was born on 12/26/77. 26" of snow

Anyone interested...just contact CR or myself...we can tell u more on this hidden secret of affordable lakefront.

wow, that looks exactly like my mother in laws camp at sawyers bay, beautiful, lenn6 , I must know you, do the pizzutos still own the elms? had to stop at dinks house when my first child was born on 12/26/77. 26" of snow
Last time I went Frank Jr was still there. They split off the Pines. I'm sure we do know each other. My real name is in my nick name. It would be nearly impossible not to know somebody in this small town. 69 ppl in my grad class. A lot of them are still around. At least I did 4 yrs away for school and worked in Syr for 5 until I came back home. Helped give me a much larger worldview :)

I think cto is from there or fulton. I could be wrong, but think she followed her heart to conn, with the huskies

I think cto is from there or fulton. I could be wrong, but think she followed her heart to conn, with the huskies

I believe she's from Armonk, NY about 35 miles north of NYC just over the border from Connecticut.

then r u from fulton?

No I'm from Syracuse but I did work up in Oswego for decades , before that at Nestle's in Fulton then in the dark ages I worked at Rockwell International in Syracuse for a short time before it moved. I moved to Liverpool from Syracuse a year after I started working in Fulton at Nestles. Check your inbox on this site, Igor.

Cherie I ran into your son and granddaughter at Airport Barbershop

Natale's. My husband has been going there forever & Jamie followed.

Emerald Crest? Just golfed for the first time in 5 years there a week ago. In high school and early college, we lived at Brennan's beach during the summer traveling from Syracuse there in my friend's convertible. Great times. Our senior prom party (small parochial league school in Syracuse) the day after the prom was at Brennan's beach too.
Yeah, that's it. I forgot the name. Old man Brennan was forced out by some former politician that still has pull, I forget his name too. He sold to some big company that owns a bunch of resorts and campgrounds. Now they're enacting stupid rules while not enforcing the ones that really matter. It's slowly going downhill.

Don't make a whole lotta posts but was thinking about my home town this am and wondering if anyone on the board is familiar w/ pulaski, sandy creek, lacona, redfield etc. Been living in st. louis since 81
I will be passing through tomorrow on the way to do wetland research in North Colwell Pond. I have spent many days in Pulaski over the years.

I will be passing through tomorrow on the way to do wetland research in North Colwell Pond. I have spent many days in Pulaski over the years.
make sure to get a sandwich on your way thru

I grew up in Colosse, graduated high school from Mexico in 1986. Pulaski(yes po-lah-sky) was closest DMV, so that is where I got my drivers license. Redfield has a reservoir where I learned to swim when my dad took me out to the middle, threw me in the water and left saying if I wanted to live I would swim. Love the nature and just pure beauty of the area, it is really unmatched. I also have a brother and nieces and nephews that live in Pulaski now.
My grandkids live on 11 in Colosse now.
I as a kid would drive the 23 miles from Sandy Pond to swim in the Redfield Reservoir. When I got in my mid teens, everytime I swam at North Pond where I lived, I would get very sick, flu-like. Turns out the algae made me sick. We used to jump right off the Rte 17 bridge or go swimming off Jackson Rd at the Reservoir.

My grandkids live on 11 in Colosse now.
I as a kid would drive the 23 miles from Sandy Pond to swim in the Redfield Reservoir. When I got in my mid teens, everytime I swam at North Pond where I lived, I would get very sick, flu-like. Turns out the algae made me sick. We used to jump right off the Rte 17 bridge or go swimming off Jackson Rd at the Reservoir.

I grew up on 11 in Colosse. My parents actually sold their place back in like 2003 or so and moved to tennessee. I haven't been back there since. I want to go back, my brother just moved from Pulaski to Altmar, so it would be nice to visit him and visit the old stomping grounds.

Fond memories eating coneys at the restaurant across the street from the old P+C. Was it called Mr. Mikes? Also, loved getting Colosse cheese curds in Pulaski. Best sand dunes in upstate NY were at Sandy Island. Why did the Golden Fish Fry close down in Port Ontario?
Mr Mikes had 3 Locations the Original Mr Mikes was in Fulton/ also had take out business in Mexico, then Pulaski they were owned by Mike Iamaio/Fred Smith formerly of Fulton

Boeheims best friend owns Fulton Iron Works in Pulaski
do you mean fulton boilerworks, my stepdad used to work there and I have many friends including family that work there, its either there or schouller tech paper mill. oh and by the way I spent many aday watching roys amazing runts at the log cabin.

Mr Mikes had 3 Locations the Original Mr Mikes was in Fulton/ also had take out business in Mexico, then Pulaski they were owned by Mike Iamaio/Fred Smith formerly of Fulton
when I was younger George nelson ran mr. mikes in Pulaski, just figured he owned it, then lucy grubb took it over and George took over the cedar post in the 13,11 triangle. got thrown out of there once for playing "bohemian rhapsody" like 45,000,000 times in arrow. also didn't know there was more than one mr. mikes

when I was younger George nelson ran mr. mikes in Pulaski, just figured he owned it, then lucy grubb took it over and George took over the cedar post in the 13,11 triangle. got thrown out of there once for playing "bohemian rhapsody" like 45,000,000 times in arrow. also didn't know there was more than one mr. mikes
George ended up in Sandy Creek with the Silver Mine (now Mel's Place)
Cedar Post no longer there , turned into one of Golisano's Rite Aid.
Rite Aid has moved from an annex to the old P&C (now Tops), moved across the street then to the Corner of 11 and 13. Colosse Cheese is only store on that corner that is still there from 30 yrs ago. Its funny. living here you don't notice the change, but to somebody that left 30 yrs ago it has changed a lot!

George ended up in Sandy Creek with the Silver Mine (now Mel's Place)
Cedar Post no longer there , turned into one of Golisano's Rite Aid.
Rite Aid has moved from an annex to the old P&C (now Tops), moved across the street then to the Corner of 11 and 13. Colosse Cheese is only store on that corner that is still there from 30 yrs ago. Its funny. living here you don't notice the change, but to somebody that left 30 yrs ago it has changed a lot!
I think the Mr Mikes originally had something to do with the Satchel's that owned the IGA and then the laundromat on our side of town,
Mr Mikes, Satchels, Mimi's they were somewhat entangled I believe in the early days.

do you mean fulton boilerworks, my stepdad used to work there and I have many friends including family that work there, its either there or schouller tech paper mill. oh and by the way I spent many aday watching roys amazing runts at the log cabin.
Bram actually had JB out in the factory last summer, pulled me over to introduce me. Told JB that Brams first game was with my Dad and I in'75 against Rutgers with Eddie Jordan and Phil Sellers, then he started telling me about the game at Manley that year that we were up by 20 and lost .He had forgotten Huggie Bear was the point guard for that team.
Did I tell you I love my job :)

Bram actually had JB out in the factory last summer, pulled me over to introduce me. Told JB that Brams first game was with my Dad and I in'75 against Rutgers with Eddie Jordan and Phil Sellers, then he started telling me about the game at Manley that year that we were up by 20 and lost .He had forgotten Huggie Bear was the point guard for that team.
Did I tell you I love my job :)
Did u see I found the gspot in the malachi thread? yeah so much has changed over the yrs, don"t know if you ever went to earls but my mom was the cook there, best daily specials ever,anywhere. all he boilerworks guys were there for lunch every day. bohemian rhapsody and lysergic acid don't mix w/ gin and orange lol

Did u see I found the gspot in the malachi thread? yeah so much has changed over the yrs, don"t know if you ever went to earls but my mom was the cook there, best daily specials ever,anywhere. all he boilerworks guys were there for lunch every day. bohemian rhapsody and lysergic acid don't mix w/ gin and orange lol
Hahahah that I made that "mix"work! Well for a while :p
I forgot your mom worked there. I remember her and Bob from the Bowling Alley. Believe or not, never went in there. Its closed now, but it looks like someone might be trying it again. Food business is rough even with fishing in Pulaski, unless you have a niche the margins suck.
Mark I don't know what you know and don't know about town, but the Boiler Works when you were around was 60 ppl 1 building plus renting out space from Barclay. Now the company has the original Plant, one behind it, a 10 yr old factory across from Schoeller with plans to build another next to it in 2 yrs, and we have the old county garage as a Fab shop. Oh and we have 1 factory each in Ohio, Houston, Oakland, England and 2 in China. Total employment in Pulaski proper is over 400 now.
All out of lil ole Podunk Pulaski.

Hahahah that I made that "mix"work! Well for a while :p
I forgot your mom worked there. I remember her and Bob from the Bowling Alley. Believe or not, never went in there. Its closed now, but it looks like someone might be trying it again. Food business is rough even with fishing in Pulaski, unless you have a niche the margins suck.
Mark I don't know what you know and don't know about town, but the Boiler Works when you were around was 60 ppl 1 building plus renting out space from Barclay. Now the company has the original Plant, one behind it, a 10 yr old factory across from Schoeller with plans to build another next to it in 2 yrs, and we have the old county garage as a Fab shop. Oh and we have 1 factory each in Ohio, Houston, Oakland, England and 2 in China. Total employment in Pulaski proper is over 400 now.
All out of lil ole Podunk Pulaski.
Well that is fantastic, I had no idea of the growth, my company is world wide as well, but they started acting like making beer bottles was a nasa project so I got out work on agolf course a race track and a discount diy store, don't have a lot of money but I am loving every minute of it. tell ron pratt to call me if u see him he has my number but wont answer his phone, know he and knutely split up and haven't been able to get a hold of him since. did u tell baggie I knew what he ,dougan , and deerslayer were up to? my mom treated baggie like a son