OT:atlanta has to be the worst 1 seed | Syracusefan.com

OT:atlanta has to be the worst 1 seed

orangehomer

All American
they have to be the worst 1 seed in the history of the nba. they just got blown off the floor in 2 games where the opponent is missing 2 all-stars! horford, Teague, and korver, versus LeBron, jr smith and some guy named mozgov? is that what they are trotting out there? this is the worst nba playoffs I have ever seen. these teams are just plain bad.

Or Lebron is just that good.
He's pretty good. Kenny Smith had a good line after the game: LeBron's taking the Knicks to the finals. Thank you, NY, for JR, Iman and Timofey.

And then there's a vet like James Jones, who got into only 20 games for Miami last season and had 25 DNP's for the Cavs this season and, with Love out, is getting playing time, including 22 minutes last night, when he hit 3 big threes, played good d, had 2 steals and a block. LeBron wanted Jones in Cleveland because of his veteran influence -- his nickname is Champ -- and because LeBron thinks Jones still has game ... he wanted Miami to play him more last season. Apparently James knew what he was talking about. And then there are guys like Dellevadova who's become an important contributor, and Tristan Thompson, who is a monster. And I don't think it's coincidental that he's having his breakout season with LBJ there to play maestro.

Atanta's a good team, had an excellent regular season, but they mighta peaked too early. The Cavs demoralized the Hawks last night, I don't see them winning a game in Cleveland. And now Cleveland can rest Kyrie for the rest of the series and see if he can play in the finals.

Atlanta made it to the ECF... Definitely not the worst 1 seed ever.

Cleveland is playing at an insanely high level right now. Their role players are shooting the ball at an absurd clip and Mozgov/Thompson are a seriously formidable big man duo.

Yea, without Love and Kyrie, it's Lebron and some role players but these are Spurs level role players, not your run of the mill role players.

I'd be disappointed if Atlanta gets swept because I can't see Cleveland shooting the ball like this while Atlanta shoots the ball like that for 4 games straight.

For all the talk of Cleveland injuries, lets also remember Atlanta had Carroll/Sefalosha to guard Lebron, as of the 4th quarter in Game 1 they only have Kent Bazemore.

The Hawks are the first good team the Cavs have faced this postseason. In the West, it's no sure thing the Cavs even escape the first round.

There's a good chance the easiest round the Warriors will play this postseason is the Championship round.

they have to be the worst 1 seed in the history of the nba. they just got blown off the floor in 2 games where the opponent is missing 2 all-stars! horford, Teague, and korver, versus LeBron, jr smith and some guy named mozgov? is that what they are trotting out there? this is the worst nba playoffs I have ever seen. these teams are just plain bad.

Horford and Milsap are playing injured. Thebo isn't playing.

They are not the same team from the regular season (at least the first 60 games).

Fully healthy, you would see a lot more movement and a dynamic offense.

With that said, almost every team is banged up at this point.

And don't forget that LeBron is one of the top ten best players of all time. When he's on, it's tough to stop him.

No they aren't. Did they lose first round? Nope.

Losing Sefolosha was big for them. And they don't have lebron james.

They had a great season though. Can't take that away.

There's a good chance the easiest round the Warriors will play this postseason is the Championship round.

I agree with you that the West is light years better than the East, but I don't think New Orleans is better than Cleveland.

Don't blame the losses on Atlanta. This has everything to do with Smith, Dellevadova, Shumpert, and Jones.

No team can guard James without double teaming him. It just can't be done. In the history of basketball only 3 players have taken more shots in the paint than anybody else in the league and also made the highest percentage of those shots in the league - Shaq and LeBron twice. The difference is, of course, that Shaq was not also one of the three or four best passers in the league.

Teams have a choice, either let LeBron singlehandedly destroy them, or double team him and allow someone (of their choosing) to get open looks, and pray that the person they leave open misses. Every team ever has chosen the second option. Its the right call.

If the guys being left open (in this case Smith, Dellevadova, Shumpert, and Jones) make their shots then Cleveland simply cannot be beat, not by anybody.

Check out the highlights on http://espn.go.com/ and pay special attention to how open EVERYBODY is when LeBron gets them the ball. Its always this way.

LeBron has had less help in the playoffs than anybody I ever remember, but make no mistake, teams are focused on stopping him and him alone. When he gets any help at all (in the form of guys making wide open 3's) his team's cant be beat.

I agree with you that the West is light years better than the East, but I don't think New Orleans is better than Cleveland.
I don't either. I think the Warriors are better equipped to handle the Cavs roster vs the Pelicans though.

orangehomer said:
this is the worst nba playoffs I have ever seen. these teams are just plain bad.

Did you watch Clips/Spurs? Clips/Rockets?

Hardly the worst NBA Playoffs ever.

44cuse

So pissed Pierce didn't get that shot off a second sooner.

I think you could put LeBron out there with 4 JV high school kids and his team would be in the NBA finals.

Isn't that basically what's happened the last 5 years?

Did you watch Clips/Spurs? Clips/Rockets?

Hardly the worst NBA Playoffs ever.

44cuse
so you are saying the playoffs are good based on games between a bunch of teams that are out?

Atlanta made it to the ECF... Definitely not the worst 1 seed ever.

Cleveland is playing at an insanely high level right now. Their role players are shooting the ball at an absurd clip and Mozgov/Thompson are a seriously formidable big man duo.

Yea, without Love and Kyrie, it's Lebron and some role players but these are Spurs level role players, not your run of the mill role players.

I'd be disappointed if Atlanta gets swept because I can't see Cleveland shooting the ball like this while Atlanta shoots the ball like that for 4 games straight.

For all the talk of Cleveland injuries, lets also remember Atlanta had Carroll/Sefalosha to guard Lebron, as of the 4th quarter in Game 1 they only have Kent Bazemore.
they made the eastern conference finals by scraping by bad teams. I am going off of personnel. Atlanta is flat out bad, considering the cavs are missing 2 of their 3 best players and you guys are trying to convince me how good jr smith is. I don't know why I have to listen to hyperbole about how good Atlanta is when none of us could pick out their player from a lineup. the nba playoffs are about stars, and Atlanta has none. who are you hanging your hat on? horford? korver? come on.

But I'll give you his first go round with the cavs.

they made the eastern conference finals by scraping by bad teams. I am going off of personnel. Atlanta is flat out bad, considering the cavs are missing 2 of their 3 best players and you guys are trying to convince me how good jr smith is. I don't know why I have to listen to hyperbole about how good Atlanta is when none of us could pick out their player from a lineup. the nba playoffs are about stars, and Atlanta has none. who are you hanging your hat on? horford? korver? come on.
Atlanta is not "flat out bad". They beat some good western teams in the regular season and ran through the East. They are severely banged up, yes more than Cleveland, and it's showing.

Also, they've never been here before.

Don't blame the losses on Atlanta. This has everything to do with Smith, Dellevadova, Shumpert, and Jones.

No team can guard James without double teaming him. It just can't be done. In the history of basketball only 3 players have taken more shots in the paint than anybody else in the league and also made the highest percentage of those shots in the league - Shaq and LeBron twice. The difference is, of course, that Shaq was not also one of the three or four best passers in the league.

Teams have a choice, either let LeBron singlehandedly destroy them, or double team him and allow someone (of their choosing) to get open looks, and pray that the person they leave open misses. Every team ever has chosen the second option. Its the right call.

If the guys being left open (in this case Smith, Dellevadova, Shumpert, and Jones) make their shots then Cleveland simply cannot be beat, not by anybody.

Check out the highlights on http://espn.go.com/ and pay special attention to how open EVERYBODY is when LeBron gets them the ball. Its always this way.

LeBron has had less help in the playoffs than anybody I ever remember, but make no mistake, teams are focused on stopping him and him alone. When he gets any help at all (in the form of guys making wide open 3's) his team's cant be beat.
Healthy Atlanta could guard Lebron without double teaming. Not saying Lebron wouldn't go for 20/10 but he wouldn't be absolutely dictating the game like he is now.

Isn't that basically what's happened the last 5 years?

Dwayne wade is a hall of famer, so no? Those heat teams were legitimately good. It wasn't just lebron and scrubs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom