OT - Bill self on Andrew Wiggins | Syracusefan.com

OT - Bill self on Andrew Wiggins

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Andrew Wiggins told Kansas coach Bill Self that he wants to be traded from Cleveland to Minnesota because the No. 1 overall pick believes it will be better for his long-term future.

"When all this trade stuff started, I talked to Andrew and Andrew told me, 'I hope I get traded,'" Self said. "And I'm like, 'No you don't.' And he said, 'Coach, I do. It's better for me, knowing my personality and what I need to do, to go somewhere where I'm forced to be something as opposed to going in there where they're going to be patient with me and I'm going to be a piece.'"

Thoughts? :crazy:

All I know is that I've decided that going forward whenever I discuss Wiggins verbally, I'm going to pronounce it huh-Wiggins, kinda like huh-whiskey, or huh-white, or huh-what.

You dig?

Andrew Wiggins told Kansas coach Bill Self that he wants to be traded from Cleveland to Minnesota because the No. 1 overall pick believes it will be better for his long-term future.

"When all this trade stuff started, I talked to Andrew and Andrew told me, 'I hope I get traded,'" Self said. "And I'm like, 'No you don't.' And he said, 'Coach, I do. It's better for me, knowing my personality and what I need to do, to go somewhere where I'm forced to be something as opposed to going in there where they're going to be patient with me and I'm going to be a piece.'"

Thoughts? :crazy:

It helps to place that quote in context, after weeks of non-stop trade rumors.

He wanted to get traded until he realized he was leaving Cleveland, but still ending up in Minnesota.

And yeah, context is important. Tired of being jerked around with rumors.

All I know is that I've decided that going forward whenever I discuss Wiggins verbally, I'm going to pronounce it huh-Wiggins, kinda like huh-whiskey, or huh-white, or huh-what.

You dig?
hqdefault.jpg

I think it is just something you say after the fact, kind of like " I am glad that I got herpes, it was a blessing in disguise".

I If I'm Wiggin's, I'd rather get the chance to show what I've got with a longgggg leash on Minnesota than win a Title as the 4th or 5th best player on Cleveland.

I 100% agree with his thoughts about being traded. It's not like he's stuck in Minnesota forever.

money is nice but winning just feels good. I would take a 8 year ncaa ban if it meant we win another championship, and undoubtably are the best team. Besides how many million do you need? I understand being the best you can be, but its basketball you be the best you can be for the team.

I pray when we win another championship it isn't watered down to us, it can be watered down to everyone else but not to us. Thats how I felt about the 2003 championship many years ago. Epic memory. The world could have ended after that championship it was that epic. Legendary I don't know if they make championships like they use to but I can' t remember one of the top of my head that was even comparable imo.

YEARMEN_t640.jpg

Last edited:
If that's really how he felt, it's a head scratcher to me. There's nothing better than practicing with and against the best player in the world every day. Why learn from experience what you can be taught by someone who's already been there? And you can do it while winning right from the start. I wonder what Tim Duncan would say about playing with David Robinson his first couple of years and how that affected his development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom