OT: Bills 30 for 30 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Bills 30 for 30

supp

Hall of Fame
Anyone watch this on Netflix? First of all, it was way too long. Turned it off with 20 minutes to go. Not a big Bills fan but my dad (RIP) was and I never saw him so excited than during the 41-38 game. I watched the doc just for that. It was interesting but also sad. First of all, Norwood really, really, really never got over the 20-19 game. He didn't go all Ray Finkle on us but he's aged horribly and broke down about 10 times during his interviews. Second, was it me or did the players generally come across as whiners and excuse-makers? Amazingly the Buffalo fans came out of the doc looking like the mature, level-headed ones! Seemed to me that the subtext of the film was that they never quite got rid of that "Bickering Bills" reputation. The other subtext seemed to be that Jim Kelly was not a great play-caller in the no huddle offense.

I thought it was very well done. Huge Giants fan and I loved every minute of it. The players should defend themselves. They had a helluva run and it wont be repeated ever again. I was in college in Fredonia at the time so I lived it first hand.

Anyone watch this on Netflix? First of all, it was way too long. Turned it off with 20 minutes to go. Not a big Bills fan but my dad (RIP) was and I never saw him so excited than during the 41-38 game. I watched the doc just for that. It was interesting but also sad. First of all, Norwood really, really, really never got over the 20-19 game. He didn't go all Ray Finkle on us but he's aged horribly and broke down about 10 times during his interviews. Second, was it me or did the players generally come across as whiners and excuse-makers? Amazingly the Buffalo fans came out of the doc looking like the mature, level-headed ones! Seemed to me that the subtext of the film was that they never quite got rid of that "Bickering Bills" reputation. The other subtext seemed to be that Jim Kelly was not a great play-caller in the no huddle offense.

Bills fan since the days of OJ, but I haven't seen this. Will have to find it and give it a watch. I was sitting in a bar in Addison TX when Norwood missed that field goal. There was a Bills team bar there during my first rotation here in the lone star state where we watched games on Sundays. I will never forget the moment that ball sailed a few feet wide, and Norwood lowered his head. That was an amazing game, 2 Titans going at it down to the wire, they should all be proud they played in an all time great championship game. I switched to a Giants fan after admiring Parcell's game plan carried out to a Tee.

Also a great watch is Vince Gallo's Buffalo 66, introducing Christina Ricci along with an overall great cast. He captures the angst of life in Buffalo as a Bills fan very well.

Are you serious? I'm a lifelong Bills fan and it was awesome. Sad, but awesome.

I thought it was very interesting and very well done. Agree with you on Norwood...you had to feel bad for the guy. And I am not a Big bills fan. I actually thought Kelly came out looking much better than I expected, as well as most of the Bills. Even the interview with Belichick made him look pretty good.

I thought the Niagara Falls metaphor was lame, but otherwise it was pretty good.

I thought it was very well done. Huge Giants fan and I loved every minute of it. The players should defend themselves. They had a helluva run and it wont be repeated ever again. I was in college in Fredonia at the time so I lived it first hand.
So you were probably one of the obnoxious Giants fans celebrating around town that night?

I was in Fredonia watching the game with friends. After Wide Right, we all spent about 10-20 minutes cursing at Norwood, which was a little awkward because an ex-girlfriend of his was at the party. Once that was out of our system, we forgave him. Still hurts to see that camera shot that they show constantly though.

So you were probably one of the obnoxious Giants fans celebrating around town that night?

I was in Fredonia watching the game with friends. After Wide Right, we all spent about 10-20 minutes cursing at Norwood, which was a little awkward because an ex-girlfriend of his was at the party. Once that was out of our system, we forgave him. Still hurts to see that camera shot that they show constantly though.
I watched the game in Hemingway Hall and post wide right I proceeded to pull the Giants banner that I had hanging in my dorm room and use it as as cape to run laps through my dorm yelling "GGGGGGGMMMMMEENNNN!"

Very obnoxious I will admit.

I've only caught about the last half hour or so. That's really too bad about Norwood. I'm a hard core Bills fan and I've gotten over it. Going 16 years without the playoffs has made me appreciate those 4 years even more even though the endings sucked.

I liked it. Watched it with my 15 year old son and finally got to show him what it was like in the "good ole days". I often ask myself if I would trade one SB win for four years of going and losing. I guess my answer is yes I would want the one SB win but those four years were quite a run. I was in the stadium for the comeback game and the last AFC Championship game and Rich Stadium rocked back then.

I thought the Niagara Falls metaphor was lame, but otherwise it was pretty good.
i couldve done without that 'dramatic posturing' either, but i thought it was good. was certainly not too long and the norwood stuff made it real. seriously, they interviewed all the HOFers and him...but he was the one who made it hit home. it also made the people of buffalo look great (which i didnt think was possible ;), and didnt know how they rallyed behind him) and it made mention of how he had a great year in 91.

the big $$$, big stars guy can move on from it, but the rank & file who pour their hearts and soul into the game...sometimes cant.

even a kicker.

another 30/30 homerun.

cant wait for the Mike & the Mad Dog one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom