OT - Bowl Games... | Syracusefan.com

OT - Bowl Games...

Forza Azzurri

All American
Loving the fact that Jan 1 is relevant again...Welcome back New Year's Day...It has been too long...

Is it just me or are there more attractive "minor" Bowl match ups this year than there have been in awhile?

Looking down the list, Holiday, Russell, Music City, Belk, Peach, Outback, Alamo are all good matchups...even Pinstripe and the Texas with their historical rivalry overtones are worth watching...

Loving the fact that Jan 1 is relevant again...Welcome back New Year's Day...It has been too long...

Is it just me or are there more attractive "minor" Bowl match ups this year than there have been in awhile?

Looking down the list, Holiday, Russell, Music City, Belk, Peach, Outback, Alamo are all good matchups...even Pinstripe and the Texas with their historical rivalry overtones are worth watching...

I see this sentiment a lot, but how is this year's slate of games on Jan 1 much different than what we've had for the past 12 years? Is it just because the top 4 teams are playing on this day instead of Jan 2, 3 or 10? The number of games on Jan 1 is probably reduced a touch this year. How will you feel when the semis are on New Year's Eve (or maybe split between NYE and NYD) in the next couple years?

I do agree though, there are a lot of good matchups and I look forward to tuning into many of these games.

Is it just because the top 4 teams are playing on this day instead of Jan 2, 3 or 10?

Yes.

Brings me back to when I was a kid/teen and the major bowl games were all played on Jan 1...

That was a day-on-the-couch made in heaven...

Not quite Thursday and Friday first round NCAA tourney heaven but pretty damn good...

when the NHL starts beating a football bowl game in the ratings, its time to move off NYD.

less is more, just give me 1 at a time, like the NFL Playoffs.

when the NHL starts beating a football bowl game in the ratings, its time to move off NYD.

less is more, just give me 1 at a time, like the NFL Playoffs.

I like the schedule...

Good matchups in Cotton and Outback as an appetizer and then 7 hours of main course...

My favorite day of the year. Park it on the couch, fully stocked fridge, let er rip.