Class of 2015 - OT but please read | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OT but please read

Horrible. Heartbreaking. My older daughter was seeing double and her eye was looking crossed when she was little. She had surgery to correct it, muscle problem. I knew we were lucky and now I really know how lucky. Prayers for this little girl and her family

I read this story the other day. Having nine kids and 3 grand kids I always am thankful we haven't had anything like this. I can't imagine the feeling of hearing that from a doctor. Just to know what is coming and being unable to stop it must be unbearable. My heart goes out to this family

man, i have a 16 month old, and i cant even bear to read things like this. I honestly wouldnt know how to cope. We had a routine 9 month check up turn into a scary ordeal. Pediatrician tells wife that something needs to be checked and suggested an MRI. Wife immediately goes to google search, calls me crying, we end up spending the day at the hospital with our little guy on the day before his first thanksgiving. Having to wait a week for the news was awful. In the end, it ended up being absolutely nothing, and for that i am greatful. May god bless this family.

Brandon is a good guy. It's heartbreaking to read about this. Thoughts and prayers for his daughter and the whole family.

Brandon is a good guy. It's heartbreaking to read about this. Thoughts and prayers for his daughter and the whole family.

I know some folks here have met him that is why I shared this ... this is why being a parent is soooo hard ...

Saw recent video on HBOs VICE. They are using viruses (eg. common cold, AIDS) to treat cancers of the brain and leukemia. Unbelievable results. Apparently they modify the DNA of the virus so that it attacks cancer cells. Remarkable sucess sich that they are not calling a treatment but a cure. More than one facility have used this approach so it looks very promising.

Saw recent video on HBOs VICE. They are using viruses (eg. common cold, AIDS) to treat cancers of the brain and leukemia. Unbelievable results. Apparently they modify the DNA of the virus so that it attacks cancer cells. Remarkable sucess sich that they are not calling a treatment but a cure. More than one facility have used this approach so it looks very promising.

Inoperable brain tumors can now also be treated by Proton Therapy. Currently only nine places in the country that can offer this treatment
A targeted Proton beam is aimed at the tumor killing the cancer cells with minimal damage to cells it passes through on entry and no exit damage from the radiation because the protons stop at the site of the tumor delivering all their radiation energy to said tumor.
Protons are accelerated to a speed that can be calculated to deliver them precisely to the site of the tumor.

Saw something on 60 minutes a few weeks/months ago, where they are treating the brain tumors with polio at Duke University, and are getting good results, tumors are gone (in a few cases). Was really remarkable work

Saw something on 60 minutes a few weeks/months ago, where they are treating the brain tumors with polio at Duke University, and are getting good results, tumors are gone (in a few cases). Was really remarkable work

Yeah its really cool stuff ... I actually architected part of the IT system for Duke that has since been transferred to Columbia University for the genome projects they are conducting around some of this research.

Profound sadness and even anger. I hate reading stories like this. My youngest boy is 6 and just finished kindergarten. I can't imagine their heartache. My prayers go out to their little one beating the odds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom