OT: Casserly to Pull a Dick Cheney? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Casserly to Pull a Dick Cheney?

Symphony Steve

All American
Check this out. NY Jets' Prez Woody Johnson has hired Charlie Casserly (!?) to reach out to prospective HC's and GM's in preparation for the anticipated Black Monday departures of Rex Ryan and John Idzik.

You may recall that Dubya assigned Dick Cheney to conduct the search for Veep for his ticket. Cheney identified himself, Dick Cheney, as that guy.

Wonder what happens if Casserly's extensive search identifies Casserly as the best GM candidate. Here's the story:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...jets_rex_ryan_and_john_idzik_per_sources.html

I just wonder what happens if Casserly comes back and says to Woody, "Of the people who have an interest in taking the GM's job, I'm the guy best positioned to turn the franchise around."

I'm surprised that the Jets have chosen this approach. Trying to think of a precedent. It's not as if Casserly has been a resounding success in the pros, far from it. Is his Rolodex really that golden?

Symphony Steve said:
I just wonder what happens if Casserly comes back and says to Woody, "Of the people who have an interest in taking the GM's job, I'm the guy best positioned to turn the franchise around." I'm surprised that the Jets have chosen this approach. Trying to think of a precedent. It's not as if Casserly has been a resounding success in the pros, far from it. Is his Rolodex really that golden?

You're surprised?

It's the Jets.

Jets gonna Jet.

You're surprised?

It's the Jets.

Jets gonna Jet.
Seriously.

How many times in the last 35 years or so has Chris Berman after week 1 said...'and the jets, are on the clock...'

As a Pats fan please Woody continue hiring yes men who Belichick giggles at being his division rivals.

Casserly would be horrible choice. The Jets need to hire a strong GM who won't have to buddy-buddy with Woody Johnson.

As a Pats fan please Woody continue hiring yes men who Belichick giggles at being his division rivals.

Casserly would be horrible choice. The Jets need to hire a strong GM who won't have to buddy-buddy with Woody Johnson.
A little history with the Pats ...

At the end of the 2009 NFL season, Casserly stated that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was playing through three broken ribs. His analysis, however, was refuted by Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who stated, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? Wherever he's been, whatever he's done, his percentage is like a meteorologist...He has no relationship with this team, I'd say less than zero. He's never here, I don't know if he's ever been to a game. He's never been to a practice...at least he put his name on it and I'll put my name on it and say, like he usually is, he's 100-percent wrong."

Casserly caused further controversy when he reported on CBS' NFL pregame show (October 10, 2010) that a confrontation between Tom Brady and Randy Moss occurred following New England's 38-30 victory over the Buffalo Bills, that the two had to be separated, and that this was the impetus for the trade of Moss to the Minnesota Vikings.

Belichick's criticism of Casserly stemmed from a December 2006 incident where the Miami Dolphins suggested they'd received game tape that included audio of Brady. Casserly said the Patriots had been warned about their videotaping practices - "(they had a staff member) dressed in coaching attire with a video camera who was presumably videotaping the other team's signals. You can't do that. They were warned." Belichick responded that he'd been told nothing from the league about it and sarcastically asked, "Why don't you go talk to Charley Casserly? He seems to have all the answers on everything."[8]

The only guy I would ask would be Ozzie Newsome Jr.

OrangePA said:
Bill Polian
pats dc leaves New England no matter what, working with billy b isn't pleasant watch

Bill Polian

Probably the best name out there, and a great one. Hard to see him saddling up with this dysfunctional franchise, though.

Plus, I can't imagine Polian coming in as GM when someone else has chosen the HC.

Which is the problem with the Jets' search. What GM would be willing to work with a head coach who he did not choose? Worked out real well for John Idzik and Rex Ryan. Could history repeat itself?

pats dc leaves New England no matter what, working with billy b isn't pleasant watch
I don't understand this at all. The Pats DC Matt Patricia is as loyal to Belichick as anybody and BB hates the NYJ organization and after what happened with Mangini I doubt any NE coach would leave for the NYJ job.
McDaniels may leave for SF though.

IHeartSUFball said:

Ha. Everything in this post is false. Good work.

Polian about to be hired in Buffalo (if he hasn't already) to do the same thing. Fix the organization for the new owner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom