OT-Champions League | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT-Champions League

Chelsea
Chelsea
couchburn CHELSEA! couchburn
CHELSEA!
Chelsea
Chelsea

43 shots... 7 on net. It should've never gotten to PK's.
Just proves that parking the bus works. And it's going to keep happening for a long time. Until PK's are gone, then parking the bus in big games will continue to keep teams in games they have no business being in.

Wow. Congrats man!

Thanks! Been a less than stellar EPL season, but this CL and FA run has been worth it. Plus, this soothes over the wound of the '08 CL final where Terry soared his shootout PK to give the title to (ugh) ManU.

I hope Drogba doesn't leave, but you couldn't ask for a better sendoff for him if he does.

Thanks! Been a less than stellar EPL season, but this CL and FA run has been worth it. Plus, this soothes over the wound of the '08 CL final where Terry soared his shootout PK to give the title to (ugh) ManU.

I hope Drogba doesn't leave, but you couldn't ask for a better sendoff for him if he does.

Storybook ending for DD but I think he's gone honeslty.

Don't remind me of the FA cup... Carroll scoressssss... oh wait they say no! lol

Storybook ending for DD but I think he's gone honeslty.

Don't remind me of the FA cup... Carroll scoressssss... oh wait they say no! lol

Ohhh. Ooops. Sorry for that inadvertent slap in the face. I was so juiced up I forgot about your avatar that is staring right at me. :oops:

Yeah. I think he's done. But to Barca? Yuck!

Can't wait for financial fair play. 2.86 Billion over 8 years. Chelsea.

Chelsea.

didier_drogba-eyes_1398097i-600x375.jpg

Come at me bro.

Ohhh. Ooops. Sorry for that inadvertent slap in the face. I was so juiced up I forgot about your avatar that is staring right at me. :oops:

Yeah. I think he's done. But to Barca? Yuck!

No worries we shouldn't have needed that goal to equalize, we squandered plenty of other chances in that game and all year. We hit 30+ posts league play alone I believe. From the Blue side though, you think that Carroll header was a goal?

DD to Barca? What happened to all that talk of him taking huge money and playing in China?

No worries we shouldn't have needed that goal to equalize, we squandered plenty of other chances in that game and all year. We hit 30+ posts league play alone I believe. From the Blue side though, you think that Carroll header was a goal?

DD to Barca? What happened to all that talk of him taking huge money and playing in China?

Absolutely it was a goal, and it's just another in a long line of instances that shows why FIFA needs to implement goal line technology. I'm not going to hold me breath on that ever happening. FIFA's the most corrupt and incompetent legislative body in the sporting world.

I hadn't heard about China. I'd read that Barca really wants him, but I just saw a story from yesterday where Drogba said he hasn't given it any thought. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Absolutely it was a goal, and it's just another in a long line of instances that shows why FIFA needs to implement goal line technology. I'm not going to hold me breath on that ever happening. FIFA's the most corrupt and incompetent legislative body in the sporting world.

I hadn't heard about China. I'd read that Barca really wants him, but I just saw a story from yesterday where Drogba said he hasn't given it any thought. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Good to know. I thought so too but of course couldn't look at it objectively and I can understand why the line judge couldn't call it in real time. As much as I think I would want realtime goal technology or replays, I hate it so bad in American football and it just frusterates me even worse when they still screw up the calls (sorry Toledo). I'll take it as it is and if a call gets missed, hope your team can make enough plays to compensate.

Here's the Drogba to China thing but it's a month old. Anelka trying to get him to go with him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo.../Didier-Drogba-close-China-deal.html?ITO=1490

I agree.

I think Drogba will come up huge in what will be his biggest, and possibly his last Chelsea match. 1-0 Blues.

Hopefully Chelsea will have already locked up a C.L. berth for the following year.

If they win, are they through to the group stage, or just the play-off round?

I read today (I think on Soccernet) that Drogba to Barca was rubbish. Why does Barcelona want to buy a striker on the downswing of his career (not saying he fell off this year but it's going to happen soon) when they can buy the best young strikers in the world (Neymar will leave Santos sooner or later).

Just proves that parking the bus works. And it's going to keep happening for a long time. Until PK's are gone, then parking the bus in big games will continue to keep teams in games they have no business being in.

I think you are ignoring how much discipline, communication, concentration and yes, luck, it took for that result. The risk in playing that defensively and waiting for a counter is that good teams will get more chances than you, and did Bayern ever. Sorry Bayern failed to capitalize on theirs, better luck next year. This kind of football is what this particular team has always excelled at. Roman and AVB wanted a more open, attacking, free-flowing style. They wanted a Ferrari, this team is more like a Range Rover. They were getting 3 goals a game with AVB, but they were letting in 5.

yeah way to quote a post from a month ago when i was talking about him diving like the bitch he is all over the place

Bash him all you want. One person's bitch is another person's continental champion.

I think it was a great save, but admittedly viewed through blue colored glasses. Goal-line technology is a no-brainer though.

Can't wait for financial fair play. 2.86 Billion over 8 years. Chelsea.

Some sour grapes in this thread, but that's just fine by me. Your tears are delicious.

I would very much like to know what Petr Cech did in life to earn the karma that persuaded the Lord to allow him to make that save on Robben's PK in OT and Schweinsteiger's try in the shootout.

Conversely, I guess that Schweinsteiger cashed in all his chips with the cosmos against Real. As happy elated as I was to see that attempt bounce off the post, that look of absolute terror and shame in his eyes before he pulled his shirt over his face was difficult to take in.

I would very much like to know what Petr Cech did in life to earn the karma that persuaded the Lord to allow him to make that save on Robben's PK in OT and Schweinsteiger's try in the shootout.

Conversely, I guess that Schweinsteiger cashed in all his chips with the cosmos against Real. As happy elated as I was to see that attempt bounce off the post, that look of absolute terror and shame in his eyes before he pulled his shirt over his face was difficult to take in.

John Terry looked just as bad in Moscow, I'm sure Schweinstager will have another crack at it before he's done.

John Terry looked just as bad in Moscow, I'm sure Schweinstager will have another crack at it before he's done.

Terry earned every bit of his bad juju.

Terry earned every bit of his bad juju.
I wish Terry wasn't suspended for this game, he was horrifically bad in that game against Liverpool after the FA Cup. I feel like Chelsea was better without that racist scum in the lineup.

I think you are ignoring how much discipline, communication, concentration and yes, luck, it took for that result. The risk in playing that defensively and waiting for a counter is that good teams will get more chances than you, and did Bayern ever. Sorry Bayern failed to capitalize on theirs, better luck next year. This kind of football is what this particular team has always excelled at. Roman and AVB wanted a more open, attacking, free-flowing style. They wanted a Ferrari, this team is more like a Range Rover. They were getting 3 goals a game with AVB, but they were letting in 5.

Munich had the match won. Eight minutes to go, up 1-0 at home against a team full of old men. Drogba is the Lawrence Taylor of soccer. Tremendous effort to tie it 2 minutes from time, and then the winner. If Chelsea had Ramires, they would have played much more open on the counter. This is what Real Madrid does when they play Barca. And it works.