OT: Congrats to David Muir | Syracusefan.com

OT: Congrats to David Muir

it's really a great story, it was his dream job and something he worked his whole life for.

didn't know he was from CNY. That guy needs to comb his hair once in a while and he'll be fine

Kind of crazy now that two of the big time network anchors grew up in upstate NY and neither went to Syracuse (Brian Williams spent 10 years of his childhood in Elmira).
that jumped out at me too.

when i clicked on the link, i fully expected to read that Muir was not only a fellow alum, but likely there when i was.

with the loss of williams, it seems someone in the news anchor recruiting dept was slipping about 20-30 years ago...

I worked with Muir's father a lot before he retired.

I am stunned, but glad the way his kid came out, his father was really a character.

that jumped out at me too.

when i clicked on the link, i fully expected to read that Muir was not only a fellow alum, but likely there when i was.

with the loss of williams, it seems someone in the news anchor recruiting dept was slipping about 20-30 years ago...

Muir graduated from Ithaca College (Go Bombers) in 1994, I believe. After Elmira, Williams grew up down here in Middletown, New Jersey (Knowshon Moreno, current Bon Jovi address) and started out at Brookdale CC. By all accounts both are great guys.

DOn't forget about Jeff Glor. He's on one of the major networks and spent time here in Syr.