OT: Curry thanks Dad | Syracusefan.com

OT: Curry thanks Dad

GoHamSU said:
Such a likeable person and unreal player Get ready to watch davis and curry dominate and battle for championships and MVPs for the next decade

Your words to the basketball gods ears PLS.

44cuse

Such a likeable person and unreal player

Get ready to watch davis and curry dominate and battle for championships and MVPs for the next decade

the post-Lebron era looks to be far too talent rich for one or two guys to dominate

the post-Lebron era looks to be far too talent rich for one or two guys to dominate

Steph and Davis are great, but i have a feeling Kevin Durant is goign to remind people how good he is when he gets healthy as well. And hell, James Harden is younger than Steph.

NBA really is in a great spot right now.

Watching the Clippers or Golden State just makes me smile. Both teams have fairly young cores that should put them atop the west for the next five - seven years.

Obviously other teams will have their say (OKC, Houston, SAS), but the best part about this is Golden State and LAC is the new Showtime. The Lakers stink. Blake and Steph aren't leaving their teams to go play for the third best team in California. It's good to see new franchises dominate the league.

Cusefan0307 said:
Watching the Clippers or Golden State just makes me smile. Both teams have fairly young cores that should put them atop the west for the next five - seven years. Obviously other teams will have their say (OKC, Houston, SAS), but the best part about this is Golden State and LAC is the new Showtime. The Lakers stink. Blake and Steph aren't leaving their teams to go play for the third best team in California. It's good to see new franchises dominate the league.

I agree with the exception of one thing: the ability of the Warriors to repeat this season (not just the wins) is a huge question mark. There are two primary reasons for that:

1. What will Bogut do? He's always at risk of retiring given the state of his body. FE is not ready to fill that role and unlikely a DeAndre Jordan is coming.
2. The Spurs:
-reduce Duncan's minutes significantly (which he will do), sign LaMarcus Aldridge, max deal KL, and the Spurs are right there again.

I write this as a Warriors fan and the Clips may be in a better long term position because it just is an unknown how teams are going to adjust year over year to the Warriors. Obviously I hope they can't, but the W's once they sign Draymond will be in a crazy luxury tax situation. Dumping DLee becomes mandatory (which is fine), but you can't add anything next year and are potentially shipping your pick.

GM of the Year Bob Myers is very good, but what he does over the next two seasons will be his greatest challenge IMO.

44cuse

I agree with the exception of one thing: the ability of the Warriors to repeat this season (not just the wins) is a huge question mark. There are two primary reasons for that:

1. What will Bogut do? He's always at risk of retiring given the state of his body. FE is not ready to fill that role and unlikely a DeAndre Jordan is coming.
2. The Spurs:
-reduce Duncan's minutes significantly (which he will do), sign LaMarcus Aldridge, max deal KL, and the Spurs are right there again.

I write this as a Warriors fan and the Clips may be in a better long term position because it just is an unknown how teams are going to adjust year over year to the Warriors. Obviously I hope they can't, but the W's once they sign Draymond will be in a crazy luxury tax situation. Dumping DLee becomes mandatory (which is fine), but you can't add anything next year and are potentially shipping your pick.

GM of the Year Bob Myers is very good, but what he does over the next two seasons will be his greatest challenge IMO.

44cuse

Bogut is always an injury risk I agree, but you took the Clippers to seven last year without him, and all you need for that team is a defensive big man.
I think in hindsight the Iguodala signing should of been avoided. He's been moved to the bench this year, and while he's a good defender, I'd rather have Barnes on the court, and that's who GS is probably going to have to let walk.

I think the spurs are going to try and dump Splitter's contract, so they can make a run at Lamarcus, but they have a lot more to do. Duncan/Ginobili will be more than willing to take a discount for that. Leonard will be their max player. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Danny Green. He's a free agent this year and will probably get offers in the 8-10 million range. At face value people may think he's an easy player to replace, but it's going to be hard to find a two guard who is an elite shooter that fills up the stat sheet like him (Blocks, Steals, Rebounds).

Bogut is always an injury risk I agree, but you took the Clippers to seven last year without him, and all you need for that team is a defensive big man.
I think in hindsight the Iguodala signing should of been avoided. He's been moved to the bench this year, and while he's a good defender, I'd rather have Barnes on the court, and that's who GS is probably going to have to let walk.

I think for sure if the Warriors could take back the Iggy signing they would; they ended up dumping a few first rounders to make room for him as well if I recall. Believe they were opening up the cap space for Dwight and then went for Iggy when Dwight went to Houston?

Get ready to watch davis and curry dominate and battle for championships and MVPs for the next decade

Uhh, Lebron and Westbrook and Durant and Harden, and heck maybe Wiggins are all going to have a say in that.

Uhh, Lebron and Westbrook and Durant and Harden, and heck maybe Wiggins are all going to have a say in that.

Lebron is 30. His window at dominance is a lot less than 10 years. That's not to say he can't win titles, but he will eventually need more help. It's not a guarantee he even gets out of the east this year. Durant/Westbrook should be good next year, but Durant's injury issues are starting to pile up and it's not certain he will stay in OKC past next year.

We will see what happens with Houston in this series, but I don't think they have much interest or commitment to playing defense. It's a weird mix of talent.

Wiggins is a great talent, but the entire team around him needs to be reconstructed. They have quite possibly the worst shooting team in the NBA, and that won't get you far in this ERA. They need at least another 3 years.

I think the Clips and Warriors have the best immediate future. They both have relatively young cores of players entering their prime. Blake Griffin is just a phenomenal player. What he did the other night against Houston was very Lebron-esque.

Lebron is 30. His window at dominance is a lot less than 10 years. That's not to say he can't win titles, but he will eventually need more help. It's not a guarantee he even gets out of the east this year. Durant/Westbrook should be good next year, but Durant's injury issues are starting to pile up and it's not certain he will stay in OKC past next year.

We will see what happens with Houston in this series, but I don't think they have much interest or commitment to playing defense. It's a weird mix of talent.

Wiggins is a great talent, but the entire team around him needs to be reconstructed. They have quite possibly the worst shooting team in the NBA, and that won't get you far in this ERA. They need at least another 3 years.

I think the Clips and Warriors have the best immediate future. They both have relatively young cores of players entering their prime. Blake Griffin is just a phenomenal player. What he did the other night against Houston was very Lebron-esque.

i dont disagree with you that the clips and warriors are set up for awhile. but Lebron will be winning 2 or more mvps in the next 6 years. you can mark it down.

And the op wasnt talking about years 2020-2025. he was talking about 2015-2025 so lebron will have something to say about it.

Ill actually go out on a limb and predict Lebron will win the most MVP's out of anyone from 2015-2025. He is probably the odds on favorite to accomplish that even though his window is only 6 or 7 years.

i dont disagree with you that the clips and warriors are set up for awhile. but Lebron will be winning 2 or more mvps in the next 6 years. you can mark it down.

And the op wasnt talking about years 2020-2025. he was talking about 2015-2025 so lebron will have something to say about it.

Ill actually go out on a limb and predict Lebron will win the most MVP's out of anyone from 2015-2025. He is probably the odds on favorite to accomplish that even though his window is only 6 or 7 years.

Agree to Disagree. I just think that we are in a different ERA compared to the 90's. Lebron is great, he just has to deal with a lot better competition than Jordan ever didn IMO. I think voter fatigue has something to do with him not winning MVP's as well.

Took my young son to a few Davidson College games a few years back when we lived up in the Lake Norman area of Charlotte. He was good and fun to watch, but I would've never imagined he would turn out to be such an elite NBA caliber player or MVP type, especially with such a slender build. His skillset is just uncanny...

Tell me again how any of those players change the fact Steph and Davis will be battling for MVPs? I didn't say they will always be top 2.

Tell me again how any of those players change the fact Steph and Davis will be battling for MVPs? I didn't say they will always be top 2.

"Get ready to watch davis and curry dominate and battle for championships and MVPs for the next decade"

Maybe I misinterpreted, but it looks like I wasn't the only 1 to do so.

Took my young son to a few Davidson College games a few years back when we lived up in the Lake Norman area of Charlotte. He was good and fun to watch, but I would've never imagined he would turn out to be such an elite NBA caliber player or MVP type, especially with such a slender build. His skillset is just uncanny...

Yeah. I thought he would be a good piece to a team. But not even a starter. Its amazing to see how he has taken over.

"Get ready to watch davis and curry dominate and battle for championships and MVPs for the next decade"

Maybe I misinterpreted, but it looks like I wasn't the only 1 to do so.

My apologies, I see the confusion.

bottom line is that there is so much talent in the Association right now . . . it really is a great time to be a fan.

there are going to be 12 guys left off the Olympic team next year who would constitute the 2nd best squad in the world and could easily split a 10 game series with the 12 guys who make it.

bottom line is that there is so much talent in the Association right now . . . it really is a great time to be a fan.

there are going to be 12 guys left off the Olympic team next year who would constitute the 2nd best squad in the world and could easily split a 10 game series with the 12 guys who make it.

Oh man, ok so what is the team? I don't know if anyone is gonna pass on playing or whatever, but here's my initial thoughts

in 2012 they took 2 guys listed at center, one of whom was Anthony Davis. So I'll go with 2 centers

C- Deandre, Demarcus
Lebron, Durant, Davis, Blake, Kawahi
G- Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Klay

Had trouble with the last forward spot. Melo, Kawahi, LMA. Last guard spot could have been John Wall or Paul George or Lillard, but I wanted to go with shooting.

What obvious guy did I miss?

Oh man, ok so what is the team? I don't know if anyone is gonna pass on playing or whatever, but here's my initial thoughts

in 2012 they took 2 guys listed at center, one of whom was Anthony Davis. So I'll go with 2 centers

C- Deandre, Demarcus
Lebron, Durant, Davis, Blake, Kawahi
G- Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Klay

Had trouble with the last forward spot. Melo, Kawahi, LMA. Last guard spot could have been John Wall or Paul George or Lillard, but I wanted to go with shooting.

What obvious guy did I miss?

Kyrie?!

Kyrie over Klay? I could see that; Klay might give you more defense/size at the 2 but Kyrie as a spot up shooter is probably just as good as Klay.

I think the spurs are going to try and dump Splitter's contract, so they can make a run at Lamarcus, but they have a lot more to do. Duncan/Ginobili will be more than willing to take a discount for that. Leonard will be their max player. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Danny Green. He's a free agent this year and will probably get offers in the 8-10 million range. At face value people may think he's an easy player to replace, but it's going to be hard to find a two guard who is an elite shooter that fills up the stat sheet like him (Blocks, Steals, Rebounds).

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I think the Iggy thing can go either way really. He was a key component of the cultural change (just like DLee) and was a really strong leader in the truest for of "pro".

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom