ot..DCCuse needs an electrician ASAP | Syracusefan.com

ot..DCCuse needs an electrician ASAP

retro44

Living Legend
At his house as the storm tore down his wires leading into the house. If anyone knows an LICENSED Electrician who can hook him back up it will much appreciated.

You can call him at 315-427-6502...Rick

At his house as the storm tore down his wires leading into the house. If anyone knows an LICENSED Electrician who can hook him back up it will much appreciated.

You can call him at 315-427-6502...Rick

I don't know what the timeframe is, but, I'm more than happy to help. I have clients who could help, but, need an idea on the situation before I start calling them.

I don't know what the timeframe is, but, I'm more than happy to help. I have clients who could help, but, need an idea on the situation before I start calling them.
Tree took down his and his neighbors wires to the house and National grid left a note telling them to get a licensed contractor to hook the wires back to the house before they will energize the lines.Heck,my brother works for National Grid and it has to be straight up legit.

Tree took down his and his neighbors wires to the house and National grid left a note telling them to get a licensed contractor to hook the wires back to the house before they will energize the lines.Heck,my brother works for National Grid and it has to be straight up legit.
I thought national grid was responsible for everything up to house

oldpinepoint said:
I thought national grid was responsible for everything up to house

They are. At least they were a couple years ago.

If someone didn't allow National Grid to trim their trees, they say they aren't responsible for damage if that tree causes damage. I would think they were responsible otherwise.

During the Labor Day storm of '98, a tree limb took out my neighbor's drop line from the pole to the house.

He was on his own to get it fixed. Not National Grid's problem.

From their website.

Who is responsible for what?

If you have overhead electrical service, you are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the following: Weatherhead and insulator, Service entrance cable, Meter box, Main service panel.

National Grid is responsible for repairs to: Overhead, outside electric lines to your residence, Electric meter.

https://www9.nationalgridus.com/non_html/shared_yours-ours.pdf

Last edited:
DCCuse said:
Thanks all and Retro for posting. Finally found someone to be here at 8am. Hopefully this will take care of it.

NG is screwing you. Ask them why they aren't doing what their website says they are responsible for. Does the fine print say something about weather related damage?

From their website.

Who is responsible for what?

If you have overhead electrical service, you are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the following: Weatherhead and insulator, Service entrance cable, Meter box, Main service panel.

National Grid is responsible for repairs to: Overhead, outside electric lines to your residence, Electric meter.

https://www9.nationalgridus.com/non_html/shared_yours-ours.pdf

Who is responsible for what? If you have overhead electrical service, you are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the following: Weatherhead and insulator Service entrance cable Meter box Main service panel National Grid is responsible for repairs to: Overhead, outside electric lines to your residence Electric meter.

my guess his weatherhead and service cable came detached from his house and that would fall on the homeowner. Go back and look at the picture in the pdf you posted.

The overhead "outside electric lines" are the main cables running down the road. Those are the ones they maintain since they supply the delivery of the power.

Last edited:
Who is responsible for what? If you have overhead electrical service, you are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the following: Weatherhead and insulator Service entrance cable Meter box Main service panel National Grid is responsible for repairs to: Overhead, outside electric lines to your residence Electric meter.

my guess his weatherhead and service cable came detached from his house and that would fall on the homeowner. Go back and look at the picture in the pdf you posted.

I saw the picture. I was responding based upon the damage you said in the OP.

I saw the picture. I was responding based upon the damage you said in the OP.
Which was the wires leading into the house,my brother does this for National grid.

The no.1,2 ,3 in the pdf is what we are talking about.

from my op.

"At his house as the storm tore down his wires leading into the house. If anyone knows an LICENSED Electrician who can hook him back up it will much appreciated."

Last edited:
from my op.

"At his house as the storm tore down his wires leading into the house. If anyone knows an LICENSED Electrician who can hook him back up it will much appreciated."

and that exact thing happened to a friend of mines house in a storm a couple ears ago. NG fixed it. 1,2 3 weren't damaged.