ot: DellaveWHAT?? | Syracusefan.com

ot: DellaveWHAT??

pearl31

in cahoots
so I clearly remember this Dellavedova guy in college playing for St. Mary's. Nice college guard, especially by his senior year. Good, solid point guard. With very little athleticism or "ceiling."

And so now, of course, he's a significant contributor for the Cavaliers in the NBA playoffs.

What?!

How do guys like this make it and countless other seemingly more talented dudes meagerly exist in the d league or Europe?

I don't think I'll ever get it. :confused:

Dellavedova was a pretty good player in college. We didn't get to see him much due to the time difference. I saw him play a few times and thought he was NBA material. Has a good all around game.

Works hard in practice. Doesn't complain about his touches or shots. Goes out and plays defense all out. Works with staff to change his diet/workouts to get in peak physical condition.

Works hard in practice. Doesn't complain about his touches or shots. Goes out and plays defense all out. Works with staff to change his diet/workouts to get in peak physical condition.

This is entirely possible. I know because I have been trying being a lazy, beer swilling, pop-tart munching complaint machine and I haven't made an NBA roster yet.

By the way, hasn't it been interesting and weird to see Nick Calathes reappear, especially throughout the Playoffs? Former Gator and Burger Boy.

The amateurs here peg Delle as a Steve Woj0 Duke type. Easy to dislike who is a pest and a 'scrub.' Like mentioned above; if you actually know his game from St. Mary's and his hard work in Cleveland then one should realize that his roster spot has some merit to it.

I suspect a lot of it has to do with the situation a player finds himself in. The Cavs don't have another PG and I'm assuming didn't have the salary cap space to get a decent one other than by means of trade. With Kyrie there, it wouldn't make much sense to spend much on a backup PG or trade for one, so Dellevadova reaps the benefits.

Hard work and a high level of effort on defense helps, but there are countless guys who worked hard and played defense who were out of the league after a few seasons. Most NBA players have been some of the best athletes/players among their peers their entire life. It's not crazy to think a lot of the guys out of the league now could have adapted to the talent level - like they've done their whole life - and had a successful NBA career if given the right opportunities.

Dallevadova is certainly making the best of his opportunity, though. Combining his effort level with the fact that he has good size for a PG and is a knockdown 3pt shooter, it makes sense that he's having a good season with the Cavs. The talent around him doesn't hurt either.

I suspect a lot of it has to do with the situation a player finds himself in. The Cavs don't have another PG and I'm assuming didn't have the salary cap space to get a decent one other than by means of trade. With Kyrie there, it wouldn't make much sense to spend much on a backup PG or trade for one, so Dellevadova reaps the benefits.

Hard work and a high level of effort on defense helps, but there are countless guys who worked hard and played defense who were out of the league after a few seasons. Most NBA players have been some of the best athletes/players among their peers their entire life. It's not crazy to think a lot of the guys out of the league now could have adapted to the talent level - like they've done their whole life - and had a successful NBA career if given the right opportunities.

Dallevadova is certainly making the best of his opportunity, though. Combining his effort level with the fact that he has good size for a PG and is a knockdown 3pt shooter, it makes sense that he's having a good season with the Cavs. The talent around him doesn't hurt either.

3 point shooting and perimeter defense gets you a job in the league. Also, when you bring the fire that a team is missing, it's a huge help. Having this guy all over Kyrie every practice and not being afraid to scrap in big games is huge for the Cavs.

3 point shooting and perimeter defense gets you a job in the league. Also, when you bring the fire that a team is missing, it's a huge help. Having this guy all over Kyrie every practice and not being afraid to scrap in big games is huge for the Cavs.

NBA loves shooting these days. 39% from three his first two years.

By the way, hasn't it been interesting and weird to see Nick Calathes reappear, especially throughout the Playoffs? Former Gator and Burger Boy.

The amateurs here peg Delle as a Steve Woj0 Duke type. Easy to dislike who is a pest and a 'scrub.' Like mentioned above; if you actually know his game from St. Mary's and his hard work in Cleveland then one should realize that his roster spot has some merit to it.
"Amateurs" lol. Dellavedova fits on Cleveland, not all teams so I think he's a product of right team, right time. Also, I don't like him because he's scrappy in the annoying sense, like scissoring Taj Gibson's legs to be annoying. During the Hawks intro's last night in a dark arena with the 3-D court all I see, aside from Hawks intro's, is Dellavedova's scrawny *** doing stupidly hyper warm-ups around the foul line-three point line while all the other non-toolbag players stood on the sideline like normal waiting for the intro's to finish.

"Amateurs" lol. Dellavedova fits on Cleveland, not all teams so I think he's a product of right team, right time. Also, I don't like him because he's scrappy in the annoying sense, like scissoring Taj Gibson's legs to be annoying. During the Hawks intro's last night in a dark arena with the 3-D court all I see, aside from Hawks intro's, is Dellavedova's scrawny *** doing stupidly hyper warm-ups around the foul line-three point line while all the other non-toolbag players stood on the sideline like normal waiting for the intro's to finish.

He's fine. He barely did anything to Gibson at least with barely any pressure/force. That has been SO overblown. Definitely agree that he fits well in Cleveland and wouldn't in many places. I'm not saying he is team MVP or an All-Star or anything like that. Just valuable to CLE. I could only probably see him getting decent playing time on teams like NY, LAL, PHI...garbage teams.