OT: Doug Marrone Interim coach of Jags | Syracusefan.com

OT: Doug Marrone Interim coach of Jags

Stern

All American
Gus Bradley was fired today, Doug (edit: Most likely) promoted to head coach for the last 2 games.

EDIT: The NFL Reporters who said he was the interim coach are now saying its not official yet. But it's likely.

Last edited:
Some of the NFL reporters were quick to jump on the Marrone to be named interim head coach. It looks likely though but not official yet.

Time for Dougie to break out the notebook and nostalgia!

interim coach for final 2 games is such a terrible gig unless the plan was for Marrone to take over ultimately. If i'm the Jaguars, i'm going in an entirely different direction. The team should move to London anyway and go for the biggest splash.

Yeah, I don't think it really matters who coaches the last 2 games, does it? I don't see Doug getting the gig, but I guess stranger things have happened

Yeah, I don't think it really matters who coaches the last 2 games, does it? I don't see Doug getting the gig, but I guess stranger things have happened

Who blew a better situation for themselves: Doug Marrone w Syracuse/Bills or jeff jagodzinski who had BC as a top 15 program and blew it all to interview for the Jets (asst coach with Georgia St now). Time will tell if Marrone gets another gig again.

He probably won't get the full time gig in Jacksonville, but if the Jags show decent life while he's the interim, it could potentially rekindle some interest in him around the league if I had to guess.

Who blew a better situation for themselves: Doug Marrone w Syracuse/Bills or jeff jagodzinski who had BC as a top 15 program and blew it all to interview for the Jets (asst coach with Georgia St now). Time will tell if Marrone gets another gig again.

Funny, a few weeks ago I had a conversation with a former BC football player who knows the BC Program quite well.

We spoke about Jagodzinski.

When I made the observation that the guy really blew it, he indicated otherwise. he told me that J was not seen as an effective coach. He suggested that the decision to terminate him was not a difficult one.

I got the impression that the BC folks used the Jets interview as justification for doing what they wanted to do.

Funny, a few weeks ago I had a conversation with a former BC football player who knows the BC Program quite well.

We spoke about Jagodzinski.

When I made the observation that the guy really blew it, he indicated otherwise. he told me that J was not seen as an effective coach. He suggested that the decision to terminate him was not a difficult one.

I got the impression that the BC folks used the Jets interview as justification for doing what they wanted to do.

That move doesn't seem to have worked out well for either party.

Is it weird that Hackett was given the OC gig instead of Marrone in October? Has Doug become a lifetime position coach in the NFL at this point, maybe by his own request to a certain extent, not sure. Either way he will be looking for a new gig.

The way he left Buffalo was just bad business, probably no coincidence that he is working for the worst franchise in the NFL.

Is it weird that Hackett was given the OC gig instead of Marrone in October? Has Doug become a lifetime position coach in the NFL at this point, maybe by his own request to a certain extent, not sure. Either way he will be looking for a new gig.

The way he left Buffalo was just bad business, probably no coincidence that he is working for the worst franchise in the NFL.

Not really. Hackett was QB Coach. Dougie was OL Coach.

Who's better suited to take over as OC ... the guy who already works with Bortles every day, or the guy who works with the grunts.

And Assistant Head Coach for the offense (odd that they made that distinction as there is no such position listed for the defense).

this will give dougie the perfect excuse to 'quit' the interim role, before he gets fired.

at least we know hes good at it.

His agent is negotiating the opt out clause after 1 game.
what jobs will be open this year??

jax = no doug
rams =no doug, not flashy enough for LA

then possibly...

buffalo = do I need to??
jets = Mehta has more articles already written
Chicago = cant see it
nawlins = Payton to LA and this job opens?? I suppose he might be looked at.

the over/under on interviews for him is 1.

you see kids, its not good to be a QUITTER.

Who's better suited to take over as OC ... the guy who already works with Bortles every day, or the guy who works with the grunts.

Not sure working with Bortles is a checkmark in his favor...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom