OT: Doug Marrone Interim coach of Jags | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Doug Marrone Interim coach of Jags

You can do two things when you feel you're not being supported from above:

- Do your best with what you have, knowing that other GMs/Owners will see it come out in the wash if you get fired. Chance at getting another HC job? Pretty good.

- Quit abruptly in what looks like a tantrum and/or shrewd move to stick it to ownership. Chance as getting another HC job? Not as good.
The Pegulas have egg on their face now , they look clueless and look at the Sabres , another failing and flailing team they own . Doug will remain the head coach for the Jags.

The Pegulas have egg on their face now , they look clueless and look at the Sabres , another failing and flailing team they own . Doug will remain the head coach for the Jags.

Good response. Failed to address anything I brought up.

Good response. Failed to address anything I brought up.

Being fired is such a disaster 11/32 head coaches are retreads. In some cases, they were rehired immediately after being fired.

I think in the league there's some understanding that coaches get fired for factors not entirely within their control.

Is that possible?

He had me when he was hawking Hunt for the Heisman.
Again putting down Hunt. He is a great young guy who had bad luck with injuries. When, by his own will he got SU a bowl game and willed SU to victory in that bowl game , I thought this kid is got something .

the sabres are not flailing and failing and you will look (even more) ridiculous in two years or less
Last place again . No playoffs for the Bills or the Sabres again this year.

Being fired is such a disaster 11/32 head coaches are retreads. In some cases, they were rehired immediately after being fired.

I think in the league there's some understanding that coaches get fired for factors not entirely within their control.
whats the rehire track record and understanding of coaches who quit??

Exactly.

Again putting down Hunt. He is a great young guy who had bad luck with injuries. When, by his own will he got SU a bowl game and willed SU to victory in that bowl game , I thought this kid is got something .

No - we're putting down your idea that he could have won the Heisman. He is a great kid and had a pretty good year in 2013. Those two things can both be true.

whats the rehire track record and understanding of coaches who quit??
At least 0-1. Probably soon to be 0-2.

Not sure if Petrino has applied for any since 2007.

At least 0-1. Probably soon to be 0-2.

Not sure if Petrino has applied for any since 2007.
Lo Holtz is the gold standard for NFL quitters.

When he quit the jets, he at least had the balls to admit he wasn't good enough.

And I quote..."God did not put Lou Holtz on this earth to coach in the pros."

Lo Holtz is the gold standard for NFL quitters.

When he quit the jets, he at least had the balls to admit he wasn't good enough.

And I quote..."God did not put Lou Holtz on this earth to coach in the pros."
Good point. I forgot the Spitter.

At least 0-2. Probably soon to be 0-3.

I don't know about the NFL, but in my business career, the interim (acting) person very rarely got the job.

I don't know about the NFL, but in my business career, the interim (acting) person very rarely got the job.
Unless it's the NYS fair director, where the title of acting director seems to be acceptable for years and years

I think he's has better than a 50% chance at getting the job, Im not impressed at all with the coaches being named this offseason as potential candidates.

Maybe a Josh McDaniels will think he can win with Bortles, A Robinson and Yeldon but I think there maybe some better openings available.

Did you ever work at a company where the ownership brought in a COO who was just released from another company who was doing the exact same work as your company and give him a middle management job but give him the title of associate COO ? And allow him to bring his VP of operations with him as well ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom