Class of 2015 - OT Evan Adams (CT) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OT Evan Adams (CT) Signed LOI

Ward 6'8 320lbs (heard he is closer to 360lbs right now, which is way too big)

Yikes. If he is closer to 360lbs than 320, I really hope he weighs 341.

Last edited:
Yikes. If he is closer to 360lbs than 320, I really hope he weighs 341.

Agreed. I think landing Ward was HUGE [no pun intended] for SU. And I think he's going to be a great player for us in time.

But we are highly fortunate that Hickey chose to return for his senior year. That will enable Ward to redshirt [baring the unforeseen] and spend a year immersed in a collegiate S&C program to reshape his body, get stronger, learn the playbook, etc. Literally no downside. And then as a second year frosh, he'll contend for a starting spot at LT that hopefully he'll be able to cement for the next 3 - 4 years.

Just think about if we were relying upon Ward to plug into the line this year. If he's really 360, we might be in trouble. And yes--I know Lasker can probably play LT, too--just pointing out that we're in a good situation not having to rush a prospect like Ward onto the field when he's likely not ready.

Norwalk Hour Male Athlete of the Year

NORWALK -- It's been quite a while since Evan Adams made his presence felt on the football field.

The Syracuse-bound senior two-way lineman last strapped on the shoulder pads in November and missed Norwalk High's spring practice due to his success in track and field.

So it's safe to say the standout cannot wait to don his green and white jersey for one final season.

"My (track) season was extended so long that I was unable to play spring ball," the 6-foot-6, 300-pound team captain said. "I'm itching to hit somebody (on the field)."

Some of these northern schools start playing so late. I was checking up on some of the commits and his team has their first game 9/13 against Westhill.

NorwalkHigh Football‏@NorwalkHighFB 1h
First game of the year tomorrow at Westhill at 1:30!

Connecticut Emerges as Recruiting Spot for Syracuse (DO; Schneidman)

Evan Adams said it was an off chance he got any out-of-state offers.

The Class of 2015 Syracuse verbal commit from Norwalk (Connecticut) High School acknowledges that Connecticut isn’t frequented by the scouts of top-tier programs. The past 11 years have only seen three recruits from the state come to Syracuse, according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site..

The Orange’s Class of 2015, though, features the same number of Connecticut verbal commits as Syracuse has reeled in during that span. Adams, a three-star offensive lineman, joins three-star defensive end Brandon Ginnetti and two-star defensive tackle Anthony Giudice in a group indicating a potential new target area for SU football recruiting.

Norwalk-McMahon Notebook: Bears' physical line play was the difference

The pre-game skinny on Thursday's Norwalk-Brien McMahon football game could be summed up thusly:
A strong rushing attack takes on an under-rated and unsung defense as the 7-2 Senators looked to run over the 4-6 Bears en route to a berth in the postseason.

When all was said done and Norwalk's 33-22 victory was in the books, though, it was apparent the Senators had a very big problem. Well, more like a handful of very big problems -- the Bears offensive and defensive lines.

"They were winning the line of scrimmage," said McMahon head coach AJ Albano. "When you have a Division 1 lineman (Syracuse signee Evan Adams) and, really, I'd say two Division 1 linemen because (James Makszin) is on his way, it's tough to control the line of scrimmage.

"We had talked about that and we knew it was important and the kids tried their hardest, but sometimes people are just better, you know what I mean?" Albano added. "It wasn't like they weren't trying."

547796e3dbfd6.image.jpg

547796eb5e87b.image.jpg

Man, he looks huge. Really liked his tape too. Think he could be a great one.

Man, he looks huge. Really liked his tape too. Think he could be a great one.

One of my favorite commits. He has the size and athleticism. Can't ask for a better foundation.

Those pictures of him just towering over his teammates and opponents look like the ones of Michael Oher in The Blind Side. Kid is enormous

He is tall!! Told him I can't wait to see him after summer camp

Missed this before, Evan was named 1st team All FCIAC.

and a Q&A at this link:

On the Record: Norwalk's Evan Adams

Senior captain Evan Adams is getting ready to play in his final Norwalk High-Brien McMahon football game for the Bears on Thanksgiving morning. And at 6-foot-6, 285-pounds, the standout two-way starter is certainly a presence on both sides of the ball, at right guard on offense and at both nose guard and tackle on defense. There's still more football in Adams' future as he's already committed to play at Syracuse University on a football scholarship. But there's something special about playing in his final city rivalry game. Three days before this year's big game, Norwalk High's Evan Adams went "On The Record" with The Hour's sports staff.
5475e3f2d28a2.image.jpg