Class of 2015 - OT Evan Adams (CT) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OT Evan Adams (CT) Signed LOI

He'll be 6-6, 300 once he gets in a better training program at SU.

We're now getting players - Adams, Philips - in Connecticut we haven't gotten since the glory days of the Coach P era.

UConn's recent dropoff and new league status (AAC) are major factors, ya gotta think.
Uconn just got their first commit today. A QB from long island. I don't love his tape.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-uconn-football-recruit-0613-20140612,0,5286437.story

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1472490/highlights/115668376

Norwalk kid? Very interesting. They don't have a lot of D1 kids out of there. Might have to go catch a game or two this fall.

52608f28b1614.image.jpg

Evan is #63.

If that article is correct, 8 CT HS players have verballed to date. BC has 3 of them. SU has 2. UConn has none.

Doesn't CT only go about 15 deep with 1A talent each year?

Doesn't CT only go about 15 deep with 1A talent each year?

That's probably a bit generous. CT had 3 guys go to the P5 conferences last year (BC, SU and Pitt), 3-4 more to went to UConn, 3-4 to UMass and a few more to Temple, Rutgers and Navy.

Edit: Eh, maybe 15 is about right then.

That's probably a bit generous. CT had 3 guys go to the P5 conferences last year (BC, SU and Pitt), 3-4 more to went to UConn, 3-4 to UMass and a few more to Temple, Rutgers and Navy.

Edit: Eh, maybe 15 is about right then.

I'd rank CT right with NY as far as production of BCS level talent - they usually have their 1-3 kids a year that go to SEC/ND type national recruiting schools and then another 10-12 that go to other P5 or lower level BCS schools. I would say thought that having UCONN at the BCS level now has helped to pad those stats, I'm sure they take flyers on in state kids that other schools wouldn't.

If the question is, does he dominate over inferior competition, why, yes, yes he does. He doesn't play 'down' to his competition, he obliterates it.

Quite an intriguing commit...

If the question is, does he dominate over inferior competition, why, yes, yes he does. He doesn't play 'down' to his competition, he obliterates it.

Quite an intriguing commit...
I think this kid has a big future here at Syracuse. Given his size and approach to the game I like this addition and hope he is 100% Orange.

6'6" 300lbs at 17 years old - my o my. Welcome about Evan - can't wait to see you in Orange (or blue or whatever our colors are these days)!

I love how we are making it a point to recruit huge offensive tackles.

Last 2 classes

Adams 6'6 330lbs
Conway 6'6 280lbs (will easily be a 300lber in a couple years)
Byrne 6'5 308lbs
Clasuman 6'4 300lbs
Ward 6'8 320lbs (heard he is closer to 360lbs right now, which is way too big)
Roberts 6'4 300lbs

that's some serious beef