OT: Favorite and least favorite holiday song | Syracusefan.com

OT: Favorite and least favorite holiday song

Strings of of street lights
Even stoplights
Dressed in in bright red and green
As the shoppers rush home with their presents

That's a tough question for me, like asking my favorite and least favorite SU players.

I'll leave out any least favorite unless something comes to mind later. As for favorite, for now I'll just be patriotic and say our boy Spicoli probably plays some good ones with his crew(TransSiberianOrchestra).

Last edited:
I have a couple of favorite: Silent Night, White Christamas, Carol of the Bells, I'll be home for Christmas.

Not as fond of these: Rudolph the red nose reindeer, I saw mommy kissing Santa claus, grandma got run over by a reindeer.

favorite(tie) the christmas song and silver bells---favorite carol---god rest ye merry gentlemen
least favorite 12 days of christmas

I really like "Sleigh Ride," which technically isn't exactly a Christmas song, but they play it a lot. My uncle is a master pianist and when I was little my dad's side of the family would sing carols in four part harmony with Uncle "tickling" the keys. I believe our best was "Oh come, all ye faithful."

Least favorite: "Have yourself a merry little Christmas," the most maudlin song ever!

My fave is probably "Oh Holy Night"
Least is probably Lennons "war is Over" or whatever the hell it's called.

I'm a metal head. Fortunately I prefer the classics, although thanks to TSO and a select few other (rob Halford's Christmas EP is great) thee have been some good newer heavy Christmas arrangements.

I did just hear this for the first time the other day. It's hilarious.

Fave: Fairytale of New York by The Pogues

"You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last"

brings a tear to my eye every time.

least fave: Springsteen's Santa Claus song

Last edited:
The Christmas Shoes song is truly terrible.

Same Old Lang Syne is not really a Christmas song, but you hear it all the time around the holidays. That gets my vote for the worst. That song makes me want to break stuff and punch people in the face.

My favorites are Merry Christmas (I don't wanna fight tonight) by the Ramones, and the Boss's version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town, which is truly inspired.

Wow...so many classics to choose from and I love most of them. My fave is not really a classic though ...Bruce Springsteen's Santa Clause Is Coming To Town.

Least Fave is Little Drummer Boy

Favorite: Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Johnny Mathis)
Least: I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus & Grandma got Run over by a Reindeer (Turn the dial whenever bad)

texascpa said:
Since you are a metalhead, this is my favorite version of "Oh Holy Night". The kicker comes at around 1:08. YouTube Video

That vid is for silent night, not oh holy night.

But I am very aware of Deliverance. Very heavy Christian metal band.

That vid is for silent night, not oh holy night.

But I am very aware of Deliverance. Very heavy Christian metal band.

Lol, oops, I was thinking Silint Night, Holy Night.

And you may be the only person I've ever run into that has heard of them since I've been listening to them from the 80's. Most underappreciated speed metal band in the history of the world. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom