You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last"

brings a tear to my eye every time.

least fave: Springsteen's Santa Claus song

This is my favorite non-traditional xmas song. White Christmas (Bing Crosby) is my favorite traditional.

Baby it's cold outside if my favorite and least favorite Christmas date rape song.

I think Up on the Housetop(roof top) is my least favorite.

Fav- All I want for xmas, Springsteens Santa Clause is coming to town, Bing Crosbys Hawaiin Christmas

Least fav- Feliz Navidad

bballbeadle said:
I really like "Sleigh Ride," which technically isn't exactly a Christmas song, but they play it a lot. My uncle is a master pianist and when I was little my dad's side of the family would sing carols in four part harmony with Uncle "tickling" the keys. I believe our best was "Oh come, all ye faithful." Least favorite: "Have yourself a merry little Christmas," the most maudlin song ever!

It's actually not that maudlin when you watch it in its original setting, in the movie Meet Me in St Louis. More bittersweet. And the lyrics were changed from the movie version and yes the non movie version is more treacly.

I am listening to the Charlie Brown soundtrack by Vince Guiraldi. Linus and Lucy is my favorite. I'm also very fond of Christmas Wrapping.

lummgr said:
My fave is probably "Oh Holy Night" Least is probably Lennons "war is Over" or whatever the hell it's called. I'm a metal head. Fortunately I prefer the classics, although thanks to TSO and a select few other (rob Halford's Christmas EP is great) thee have been some good newer heavy Christmas arrangements. I did just hear this for the first time the other day. It's hilarious. YouTube Video
Yes it is a fabulous video. I posted it here a couple of days ago.

Faves: 'Christmastime is Here' (from A Charlie Brown Christmas), 'The Christmas Song', and 'I'll Be Home For Christmas'.

Worst (as in, if I was Elvis and saw someone doing one of these songs on my TV, I'd blow out the picture tube with a shotgun, then roll in another TV): 'Holly Jolly Christmas', 'Feliz Navidad' (you wanna wish us a merry christmas? You JUST DID, eight million times!!!) and, a relatively recent contender for worst Xmas song of All-Ti-i-i-me, that McCartney 'Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time' or whatever it's called. That's not a song, that's a bleeping jingle, and an annoying jingle at that. I hereby call on the Queen to take away Sir Paul's knighthood.

Deep cleansing breaths...

A lot of great songs folks have posted which I adore. This is my favorite non-traditional one, and still maybe the most important of that category, in my opinion. Im not sure how anyone can watch it and not be moved.

I don't have a favorite Christmas song really, there's so many good ones. No least favorite either, can't think of a bad one. I do dislike some versions of songs though, some artists just murder a good song.

No crime here.....

By far my most fav is Michael Crawford's "O Holy Night". Still sends shivers...

Least Favorite is easy Jingle Bell Rock.

Faves: 'Christmastime is Here' (from A Charlie Brown Christmas), 'The Christmas Song', and 'I'll Be Home For Christmas'.

Worst (as in, if I was Elvis and saw someone doing one of these songs on my TV, I'd blow out the picture tube with a shotgun, then roll in another TV): 'Holly Jolly Christmas', 'Feliz Navidad' (you wanna wish us a merry christmas? You JUST DID, eight million times!!!) and, a relatively recent contender for worst Xmas song of All-Ti-i-i-me, that McCartney 'Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time' or whatever it's called. That's not a song, that's a bleeping jingle, and an annoying jingle at that. I hereby call on the Queen to take away Sir Paul's knighthood.

Deep cleansing breaths...

That whole Vince guaraldi cd is great for Charlie Brown. I listen to it every Christamas morning while doing presents

Faves: "White Christmas", (still the winner by a mile) "The Christmas Song", "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", (maudlin is good this time of year), "I'll Be Home for Christmas". You have to remember that the popularity of Christmas songs skyrockets during wartime, when people are far away from their loved ones and are trying to remember what Christmas was like. That's why so many good ones are from the World War II era, or shortly afterwards.

Least favorite: anything with a "rock" beat. Rock and Roll just doesn't mix with the sentimentality of the season, sorry.

Last edited:
Faves: "White Christmas", (still the winner by a mile) "The Christmas Song", "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", (maudlin is good this time of year), "I'll Be Home for Christmas". You have to remember that the popularity of Christmas songs skyrockets during wartime, when people are far away from their loved ones and are trying to remember what Christmas was like. That's why so many good ones are from the World War II era, or shortly afterwards.

Least favorite: anything with a "rock" beat. Rock and Roll just doesn't mix with the sentimentality of the season, sorry.

Here's an exception for you, SWC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEyV8gnC4aQ

I might add, my favorite original rock type Christmas song is Billy Squire's "Christmas is a time to say I love you"

"I'll be home for Christmas." Really grabbed me one Christmas while I was changing planes in O'Hare :)

"Blue Christmas" makes my ears itch.

Do they Know it's Christmas ~ Band Aid 1984:
Easily my favorite because of how stupid and ignorant the lyrics are.

Favorite: The Little Drummer Boy by The Harry Simeone Chorale
Least: Feliz Navidad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom