OT: For those who don't watch the NBA, as well as those who do.. | Syracusefan.com

OT: For those who don't watch the NBA, as well as those who do..

People need to realize that the top NBA teams are playing very good basketball. I'm going to be losing a lot of sleep in the Spring watching the Western Playoffs.

It's going to be awesome.

If you haven't already, I suggest checking out the Memphis/San Antonio game last night.

Wow.
Not having Parker or Kwahi helped the Griz, but those buzzer beater shots were still awesome. What a game. Any big man should have as required study to watch Duncan operate in the paint, the kick out to open 3 ballers who drain them with regularity shows his uncanny awareness out there. They play a version of the game as it should be played, on a team level. Shaq made a good point in the studio too. Pop could have that team win even more, but he plays to have them ready for the post season, and as good as they are, he has the luxury of choosing what playoff seed he wants. He can target and pick off the higher seed he wants to match up with in the first round, and his players are rested for the long run. What a tremendous organization they've built.

Do you think Adam Silver wakes up in a cold sweat at night thinking about a Memphis/Toronto Finals?

For people who appreciate great basketball it would be a terrific series, but a TV ratings apocalypse.

Not having Parker or Kwahi helped the Griz, but those buzzer beater shots were still awesome. What a game. Any big man should have as required study to watch Duncan operate in the paint, the kick out to open 3 ballers who drain them with regularity shows his uncanny awareness out there. They play a version of the game as it should be played, on a team level. Shaq made a good point in the studio too. Pop could have that team win even more, but he plays to have them ready for the post season, and as good as they are, he has the luxury of choosing what playoff seed he wants. He can target and pick off the higher seed he wants to match up with in the first round, and his players are rested for the long run. What a tremendous organization they've built.
Golden State is showing the same kind of ball movement . . . I wonder if Kerr will have enough Pop in him to start resting his key players. Or at least his fragile bigs.

Golden State is showing the same kind of ball movement . . . I wonder if Kerr will have enough Pop in him to start resting his key players. Or at least his fragile bigs.

if he keeps his big lead in the standings, he would be smart to do so. They are the other team to sit back and enjoy. Does all of this success this season indicate Mark Jackson was in fact under achieving with what he had, or they are better because the young guys are another year older? Is Kerr that much better of a coach?

Yes, the divide between the Western Conference vs the Eastern Conference is at an all time high. Last I knew I believe the West has won something like 70% of games between the two.

Actually here is a chart from 12/5/14 showing the historical breakdown between the two conferences. In the last 15 seasons, the East has only won the matchup once which was in 2009. As of 12/5/14 the West held a 70.8 vs 29.2 edge. You would think the East would get better just by getting higher draft picks but it's just not happening.

http://www.sports-reference.com/blo...n-conference-vs-eastern-conference-disparity/

I picked a bad night to get drunk and pass out early.

Ha, don't they have to get healthy enough to play before he can rest them?
But yeah, I they need Bogut healthy in May and June to seriously contend, I think.

People need to realize that the top NBA teams are playing very good basketball. I'm going to be losing a lot of sleep in the Spring watching the Western Playoffs.
Even the bad teams play incredible basketball. I watched the Jazz vs Pelicans a few nights ago. It was a great game.

Even the bad teams play incredible basketball. I watched the Jazz vs Pelicans a few nights ago. It was a great game.
Great for about 40 minutes until the Jazz ran out of steam.

Top notch organization in all of sports.

By the way, both teams had injuries. Tony Allen wasn't playing. Sure, he doesn't contribute nearly the same on offense as Kawhi and Parker, but does Green hit all of those 3's with Allen in his face? Doubtful.

This game showed that depth is important, in addition to all-star players. Not only that, both teams emphasize team defense, incredible ball movement (Gasol and Randolph together is fun to watch), and also the fact that any player at any level can have off games. Duncan was something like 5-15 from the line? Best PF of all-time. It happens.

On the topic of golden state, Draymond Green has carved a very nice role for himself in the league.

Also, Syracusefan's favorite college player, James Harden, is having an MVP type season, and has to be a top 3, if not 2, candidate.

And just think: it took those kind of late game heroics for a good Memphis squad to beat San Antonio. Who were down two key players.

On the topic of golden state, Draymond Green has carved a very nice role for himself in the league.

Also, Syracusefan's favorite college player, James Harden, is having an MVP type season, and has to be a top 3, if not 2, candidate.

I personally think that this Harden BS is one of the dopiest things that gets continually brought up on this forum.

It's become myth presented as fact.

Watched Memphis - Golden State, that was a fun. Did anyone hear Van Gundy say he expects Jimmy Butler and Wesley Matthews to both get around 16 or 17 million/year on their new contracts? If Buzz Williams can develop talent like that at Virginia Tech it will take the ACC up another notch.

Last edited:
I personally think that this Harden BS is one of the dopiest things that gets continually brought up on this forum.

It's become myth presented as fact.

Yeah people here are weird about Harden probably because he often gets compared to Melo, and some posters have an intense visceral reaction to any negative criticism of Melo.

Yeah people here are weird about Harden probably because he often gets compared to Melo, and some posters have an intense visceral reaction to any negative criticism of Melo.

Really?

They don't even play the same position.

Crazy that San Antonio is only the seven seed in the west, but their guys have missed a ton of time. I'd hate to be the one seed in the west because chances are you are going to have to play OKC. One through seven right now is only separated by 5 games.

Duncan really cost San Antonio last night at the line. I can't believe how good Danny Green has become. He's a lot more than just a shooter now. He's one of the best shot blockers in the league from the guard position and he is 6'6''. Once all their guys are healthy I think they will over take Houston in that division.

Things will be really interesting if Dallas can pull off this Rondo trade and not give up any key pieces.

Really?

They don't even play the same position.

I don't have the energy to do an historical search but I can remember a handful of NBA threads over the past couple years comparing and contrasting the two players since they're both high-volume shooters/scorers.

Funny...I've never heard that comparison. I thought a lot of the negativity came from this.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=294000041
It definitely did. Of course it was probably the only game of Harden's career that any of us watched and most likely his worst game as a collegian.

I would love to watch a replay of that game also. Jonny and Devo both played 40 minutes and Rautins came off the bench for 34 minutes and 17 points. We went small but still outrebounded ASU by seven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom