OT: Georgetown Practice Facility | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Georgetown Practice Facility

Practice facilities are yesterday's battle. Today's battle are palatial residential facilities. Kentucky and Kansas are ahead of the curve.

it looks nice, not much to criticize there

I give them credit for trying, but they will never be a national power again. They can have some good teams when they have the right coach and be a good program (they are not that right now) like a John Chaney Temple or Memphis or Xavier. Nothing wrong with that. But they'll never be one of the big boys again.

gt1.jpg

I give them credit for trying, but they will never be a national power again. They can have some good teams when they have the right coach and be a good program (they are not that right now) like a John Chaney Temple or Memphis or Xavier. Nothing wrong with that. But they'll never be one of the big boys again.

I agree, I can't see them being a power like Villanova again.

The GU athletic facilities by any measure are pretty bad.

Building this seems to me to be fear-driven. They sense the BB program, which hasn't had a lot of success lately --- might be slipping down in National relevance. So this is part of an effort to regain some visibility and momentum.

I think this will be a losing effort. The smart, but geeky, student body doesn't really care about basketball or any other sport. A large proportion of the older alumni have always felt the JT Jr hi-jacked the GU BB program to make it into something else. And the locals just don't care about GU basketball as the half-empty Verizon Center clearly demonstrates.

Why SU continues to throw them a life-line mystifies me. Except that it's an event that will sell a lot of ticket and draw eyes to the TV for those that haven't figured out that this is not a very important game for SU to schedule.

Will it have the "Michael Graham Boxing Wing", or the "Kenny Brunner Sword Studio"?

One of the more expensive features was the "Charles Smith Driving Academy."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom