OT: Golden State is now on pace to win 70 games | Syracusefan.com

OT: Golden State is now on pace to win 70 games

69.7 games, to be exact. That would be the 2nd best in NBA history. And they're doing it in the West which is an absolute guantlet.

They've already beat Houston 4 times. They are the favorite to surpass San Antonio in the West to win it all for sure. I love watching them. The prettiest basketball you can watch.

They also did it with two of their starting bigs, Bogut and Lee, out for many games.

69.7 games, to be exact. That would be the 2nd best in NBA history. And they're doing it in the West which is an absolute guantlet.

West is too good for them to win 70 games, but they are the best team out West this season as long as their guards stay healthy.

East is 4 deep this year with Cleveland as the 5th team.

West is 9 deep this year. Imagine if your Golden State and you win 67 games and your reward in the first round is 8 seed Oklahoma City team that won 49 games because of the injuries to start the year. Their could be some end tanking at the top to avoid San Antonio and OKC in the first round for the Clippers or Mavs/Rockets.

I saw a stat, not totally verified, but it was on twitter...

The warriors scoring differential in the first half of games only is higher than anyone else for the entire game

West is too good for them to win 70 games, but they are the best team out West this season as long as their guards stay healthy.

East is 4 deep this year with Cleveland as the 5th team.

West is 9 deep this year. Imagine if your Golden State and you win 67 games and your reward in the first round is 8 seed Oklahoma City team that won 49 games because of the injuries to start the year. Their could be some end tanking at the top to avoid San Antonio and OKC in the first round for the Clippers or Mavs/Rockets.

Kerr's already said they won't win 70. I'd expect him to rest guys and maybe early if it looks like OKC will be in the 8th spot.

Great career move or greatest career move: Steve Kerr turning down the Knicks to coach Golden State
So many great questions to ask - would the Knocks be a playoff contender with Kerr? Is Kerr going to become a HOFer on combined playing career/gm/coaching experience? Why didn't Kerr get in to coaching sooner?

the Splash Brothers create so much space on the offensive end of the floor its ridiculous. Even if they are not hitting their shots you absolutely have to guard them like they are, and that makes Green & Barnes & Speights look like stars in their own rights. I don't think any of those three would be nearly as effective as they have been if they were playing with any other backcourt in the league.

Kerr's already said they won't win 70. I'd expect him to rest guys and maybe early if it looks like OKC will be in the 8th spot.

I don't think it matters who they play. They've already proven they can wax OKC (twice) with Durant and Westbrook in the lineup. The only team out west they haven't beaten at full strength yet is San Antonio.

I don't think it matters. They've already proven they can was OKC (twice) with Durant and Westbrook in the lineup. The only team out west they haven't beaten at full strength yet is San Antonio.

Well even with those wins, I don't know if you'd want your first series against OKC. Granted, you don't have a lot of options out West, but if it's Dallas or OKC would anyone prefer playing OKC?

Well even with those wins, I don't know if you'd want your first series against OKC. Granted, you don't have a lot of options out West, but if it's Dallas or OKC would anyone prefer playing OKC?

Oh Dallas for sure! I just think they are so good it doesn't matter tho... Makes you wonder how much Mark Jackson was holding them back.

Having an historic regular season is not always what it's cracked up to be. Just ask the 2001 Seattle Mariners.

Having an historic regular season is not always what it's cracked up to be. Just ask the 2001 Seattle Mariners.

That's true, but in the NBA i think it's a much different story.

I'm gonna cherrypick, but of the 8 winningest teams in NBA history, 7 of them won the title and the 8th lost in the eastern finals.

Dislike

I have turned into a huge G.S. fan. If Bogut is healthy for the playoffs, it's their year.

And to think Johnny Flynn was drafted ahead of Steph Curry :crazy:

Pretty amazing, I guess there was enough doubt about Curry at the time as far as what position he was gonna play, small school, etc. Sure seems dumb now though.

Curry has a pretty good argument to be the best shooter of all time, right? His lowest full season 3 point % is 42.4, and he leads the league in 3's attempoted. Also, of all the great shooters, he probably takes the most jumpers off the dribble as opposed to spotting up.

I'm gonna cherrypick, but of the 8 winningest teams in NBA history, 7 of them won the title and the 8th lost in the eastern finals.
Was the 8th the Celtics when Havlicek got injured?

Reading Simmons NBA book the NBA was watered down because of the ABA from 1972-1978.

Did Red Auerbach make that pick?

What sucks for Golden State is that the West is so deep they will have 3 really hard series to get to the Finals. Also, if Atlanta is sold to the Seattle group that wants to bring a team back there you would be adding another quality team.

If Hanson buys the Hawks and moves them to Seattle the NBA would have to likely move Minnesota to the East and that would be hilarious.

But I'd guess none of those teams were in a league as stacked with so many other really good teams at the top. At any rate, there's a good chance Golden State won't even end up with the best record in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom