OT: Golden State is now on pace to win 70 games | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Golden State is now on pace to win 70 games

Or the 1994 Montreal Expos... no record but on a 70-30 run as the strike came.

As for Golden State, they can rest a lot and still keep on winning down the stretch. If they are healthy they are a ridiculously deep team, who can simply rest 2 rotational players each night.
except they can't rest either Curry or Thompson & still expect to dominate. Those guys are the key & they have no real replacement. One of them go down & they are in deep trouble.

Pretty amazing, I guess there was enough doubt about Curry at the time as far as what position he was gonna play, small school, etc. Sure seems dumb now though.

Curry has a pretty good argument to be the best shooter of all time, right? His lowest full season 3 point % is 42.4, and he leads the league in 3's attempoted. Also, of all the great shooters, he probably takes the most jumpers off the dribble as opposed to spotting up.

Agreed, there is no shot he can't make either. Off the dribble, going left, going right, catch and shoot, unlimited range. He's the best shooter I've seen.

I saw a stat that said the NBA is boring and noone cares anymore about it.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-31304-1388709989-10.gif

And Jordan's Bulls would still sweep them in a series.

The ones that started Ron Harper(I could hear his knees creaking through the TV at that point of his career) and Luc Longley? Or the ones that started BJ Armstrong/ John Paxson and a really old Bill Cartwright and gave big minutes to Will Perdue and Stacy King?

They would win because that's when Jordan reached the point where he wouldn't lose no matter what. But I don't see a sweep or even an easy series.

Agreed, there is no shot he can't make either. Off the dribble, going left, going right, catch and shoot, unlimited range. He's the best shooter I've seen.

I guess Klay Thompson read my post and decided to show maybe he;s the best shooter. What a ridiculous performance.

Warriors and Hawks. Would love it.

Obviously wouldn't have the star power of the Spurs-Heat from 2013 and I'd never expect anything to be quite that good, but that would be an incredibly fun series.

Warriors and Hawks. Would love it.

People who appreciate beautiful basketball would love it. I bet it would pull very low ratings compared to the last half dozen Finals that featured either Lebron or Kobe.

Klay Thompson scores 52 last night the 10 players drafted on front of him scored 61 last night combined. Jimmer being the biggest bust drafted in front of Klay.

The most remarkable thing behind the Golden state turnaround is that they haven't picked in the top 5 for any of their picks. Curry was 7th, Harrison was 8th, Thompson 11th and they traded 2nd round pick Ellis for Bogut. Green was a steal as well.

except they can't rest either Curry or Thompson & still expect to dominate. Those guys are the key & they have no real replacement. One of them go down & they are in deep trouble.

They are not playing powerhouses every game. They can be selective.

I would have LOVED to be there last night for that.

WOW. What a historic performance.

Never thought anyone would touch melo's record...

I wonder what the ratings would be for a GS/Atlanta NBA Finals? Not the biggest name teams or biggest name players (outside of sports fans) but the series would be INCREDIBLE.

Mark Jackson was holding the team back.

Insisted on playing David Lee instead of Green at a stretch 4, which allows Barnes to play the 3

Now they got 4 guys on the floor that can shoot 3s (well...Barnes can sometimes). Impossible to defend Steph with all those shooters spotting up around him

I was really pro Kevin Love this summer, and I look pretty stupid right now.
He's a loser. He excels being on bad teams.

I still would have liked to have seen the Cavs take a shot with Lebron and the kids.

Eric15 said:
69.7 games, to be exact. That would be the 2nd best in NBA history. And they're doing it in the West which is an absolute guantlet.

After 16 years of futility...you have no idea how nice this is. Cohan was a disaster. Every night is fun.

44cuse

longislandcuse said:
I don't think Mark Jackson was holding them back. Team in the NBA usually go through progressions, going further and further until they make the Finals and win it. We have no clue how GS will do in the post season with a very good chance they get the best 8th seed in the history of the sport (OKC) to start things off.

This is partly true. He was dismissed for his inability to gel with the organization. Lacob wants 1 organization and he wants it tight. Jackson wanted the team walled off from the organization. Lacob is a VC. It's his way and he was right.

The other part was that Jackson was a poor X's and O's coach too frequently. Good motivator and got them to play defense. But X's and O's were questionable.

Don't overlook this:

Lakers, Grizzlies, Warriors: Jerry West.

West made the call (with lacob and Meyers) on Klay.

W's!

44cuse

He's a loser. He excels being on bad teams.

I still would have liked to have seen the Cavs take a shot with Lebron and the kids.

He might be thinking the same thing right now. Wiggins really seems to be hitting his stride.

I still think Love is going to play better as the season goes on though. Maybe he put up awesome numbers on bad teams, but that doesn't mean he should shoot worse now that he's playing with Lebron. Maybe Blatt is just doing a bad job integrating him into the offense. Not sure.

He might be thinking the same thing right now. Wiggins really seems to be hitting his stride.

I still think Love is going to play better as the season goes on though. Maybe he put up awesome numbers on bad teams, but that doesn't mean he should shoot worse now that he's playing with Lebron. Maybe Blatt is just doing a bad job integrating him into the offense. Not sure.
I think, and this is an ultra critical statement, that he plays a lazy game. Very content to bomb from the perimeter. His defense speaks for itself and not the way you'd want to see.

Teams will continue paying him. I'm not sure where he gets you.

I think, and this is an ultra critical statement, that he plays a lazy game. Very content to bomb from the perimeter. His defense speaks for itself and not the way you'd want to see.

You might be right, I figured they'd need time to get him more involved in the team, but I definitely didnt think he'd play this poorly. I am somewhat re-evaluating my opinion of him. (cause everyone cares about that)

Well he was good against OKC yesterday, and outplayed Ibaka. He's the Bosh of this team. He's going to get all the criticism when they lose, but if they win he'll play well. All they need is 15-20 a night from him with 10 plus boards and I think you can count that as success.

I was really pro Kevin Love this summer, and I look pretty stupid right now.[/QUOTE

I think that trade made a lot of people look dumb... Not sure I would have traded Thompson, but I may have. Now I wonder if Love put up such gaudy rebounding numbers because there was no one else on the team.

Kevin Love's issues all stem from the fact that Lebron gets the ball in the exact same locations around the arc that Kevin likes to. It's entirely a spacing issue. Saying he's a bad team/big stats guy I think is misguided. He can't shoot 3's from his preferred spot on the floor and his spacing is completely out of whack.

Still doesn't excuse his defense. That excuses for him being a poor rim defender in Minny are now completely garbage since he's just as bad, if not worse with better teammates. He's lucky he has Mozgov now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom