OT: Happy 70th Clyde | Syracusefan.com

OT: Happy 70th Clyde

Shark58

BANNED
I wish this man could give Jimmy some pimp lessons.

ny_clyde_00.jpg

Got to meet Clyde, Melo, JKidd, Tyson and Amare after a game a couple of years ago (the trainer for the NY Knicks, Roger Hinds was renting my former home in Danbury CT and I knew his family as we attended the same church).

Needless to say it was a thrill to have Roger shout, "hey Clyde come on over here, I have someone I'd like you to meet". I was like, ok, now what the heck do I say lol. I just told him what a thrill it was to meet him as he was my favorite player growing up. He was very much a gentlemen and dressed to the tee as always.

I used to wear a pair of green Clyde Pumas growing up. No lie.

One of my all time favorite pro players. Remember listening to games in my dad's truck in sub zero temps (the only way, since most Knicks games were not on TV then). That was a great team when they also had Dave Debusschere, Willis Reed, Earl Monroe, Dick Barnett, Bill Bradley, Cazzie Russell, Dave Stallworth... 1969, my Senior year in HS.

One of my all time favorite pro players. Remember listening to games in my dad's truck in sub zero temps (the only way, since most Knicks games were not on TV then). That was a great team when they also had Dave Debusschere, Willis Reed, Earl Monroe, Dick Barnett, Bill Bradley, Cazzie Russell, Dave Stallworth... 1969, my Senior year in HS.
You might not know this but you can rent his vacation home in St. Croix. He built twelve of them on six acres he owns there.
http://www.insidehook.com/new-york/walt-clyde-frazier/

I never got to see him play but from everything I heard, I always figured a modern comparison would be Dwyane Wade...thoughts?

I never got to see him play but from everything I heard, I always figured a modern comparison would be Dwyane Wade...thoughts?
It's different eras but Wade is more of a shooting guard and Clyde more of a point guard. Wade is a decent defender but Clyde was one of the best ever. Both are/were great players.

I can't come up with a good comparison. Clyde was strong, graceful, always in control and had uncanny anticipation. While he was a very good offensive player, his defensive play and rebounding from the point guard position really set him apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom