OT: How I'll spend my Memorial Day | Syracusefan.com

OT: How I'll spend my Memorial Day

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Sorry for the self indulgence, but I know there are a few other WG grads on the board who may appreciate this and for any board member making their way to Camillus Memorial Day morning, first post parade beer is on me!

Oh, and Tomcat, you want tubas? WE GOT TUBAS!!!

Attachments

• WG WIldcat 50th Reunion Press release FINAL (1).pdf
    85.4 KB · Views: 158
Sorry for the self indulgence, but I know there are a few other WG grads on the board who may appreciate this and for any board member making their way to Camillus Memorial Day morning, first post parade beer is on me!

Do you what the parade route will be?

Do you what the parade route will be?

Starts at the top of the hill west of the Village and winds down through the Village and past the Green Gate Inn. Check out the video in the attachment and you can see the main stretch.

My brother is marching in it. Should be fun. Me, I'll be marching with my son's baseball team, but I will make my way back when we're done so I can see this.

Ahh I'd join you if I was in NY. I miss the days of high school marching band. I ended up off more than anything, but we sounded good.

Memorial Day weekend is always my birthday weekend. Wanted to do something big for my Dirty 30 this year. So I decided I wanted to be a hobo for my birthday. About 25 friends and I are driving to Talkeetna, Alaska on the 27th, will party it up for the night. The next day, we are jumping a train headed to Hurricane Gulch. We will ride the train a couple hours, find a good spot to party, jump off with all our gear and set up camp. 2 days later, we will jump on the train as it passes through, and will take us back to Talkeetna. Think it's gonna be pretty solid

Ahh I'd join you if I was in NY. I miss the days of high school marching band. I ended up off more than anything, but we sounded good.

Memorial Day weekend is always my birthday weekend. Wanted to do something big for my Dirty 30 this year. So I decided I wanted to be a hobo for my birthday. About 25 friends and I are driving to Talkeetna, Alaska on the 27th, will party it up for the night. The next day, we are jumping a train headed to Hurricane Gulch. We will ride the train a couple hours, find a good spot to party, jump off with all our gear and set up camp. 2 days later, we will jump on the train as it passes through, and will take us back to Talkeetna. Think it's gonna be pretty solid

Happy 30th! Now to important matters: Does this mean the end of the CuseTroop tales? Are you growing up? Accepting responsibility? Becoming reasonable? I hope not. I have lived vicariously through tales of your expeditions. Being a family man and having accepted my fate to grow up, accept responsibility, becoming reasonable, blah, blah, blah, does not allow for the CuseTroop lifestyle.

Happy 30th! Now to important matters: Does this mean the end of the CuseTroop tales? Are you growing up? Accepting responsibility? Becoming reasonable? I hope not. I have lived vicariously through tales of your expeditions. Being a family man and having accepted my fate to grow up, accept responsibility, becoming reasonable, blah, blah, blah, does not allow for the CuseTroop lifestyle.

I keep telling myself that it's time to grow up, be responsible, be reasonable, ect.. All lies. I might grow up a little, but I'll still have a few adventures every now and then. Promise!

The only thing I know about talkeetna I learned on Railroad Alaska.

I believe my sister in law is joining you. I think we will be there.

CuseTroop said:
I keep telling myself that it's time to grow up, be responsible, be reasonable, ect.. All lies. I might grow up a little, but I'll still have a few adventures every now and then. Promise!
dude how you going to watch out lax team win the natty now??!!!

Living in the albany area, I spent the weekend in Lake George. What a lake and atmosphere, rated one of the top 10 lakes in the world. The Adirondacks are a real gem. I have a connection for a really nice family owned motel right in town. I have been going there for years; the owner is a Cuse guy. PM if you are interested in a weekend getaway and a discount. Happy Memorial day to all and go Cuse! Less than 100 days to Colgate!

I was able to follow your adventures on Facebook. Looks like you guys rocked it!

Thanks, I always love the Memorial Day parade in Camillus. Makes me proud as a Genny grad.

I know of a few of my IC friends were there. And yes, one of them was a tuba player!

I was able to follow your adventures on Facebook. Looks like you guys rocked it!

Such a cool weekend. Final count was 643 of us. From start to finish we stretched over a quarter mile. And the sound was amazing. I was one of 72 trumpet players and we had 21 sousaphones. People from 18 to 68, from Music Performance PhDs to schlubs like me who have to remember which end to blow in. Coverage from news agencies all over the country can be found on line. From Syracuse to Spokane - even a TV station in Guam! Stay tuned to FB, some great videos to come including drone footage and a HD recording in concert formation.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Football board.

My brother is marching in it. Should be fun. Me, I'll be marching with my son's baseball team, but I will make my way back when we're done so I can see this.
What year did your brother graduate, Bomber?

The people I know would be graduates from the mid-late 80's.

Al
The people I know would be graduates from the mid-late 80's.
A little after my time. I was '74, had one sister in '76 and the youngest '82.

What year did your brother graduate, Bomber?
1985, trumpet as well. And what a performance. To see how large the band was and to hear how great the music sounded is just a testament to the WG program and its greatness.