OT: If you are the Knicks, do you go Towns or Okafor now? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: If you are the Knicks, do you go Towns or Okafor now?

Jury is still out. Wiggins is for real. Other than that though...who is second for ROY? Elfrid Payton? Best hair in the NBA.

With Parker and Randle injured, we'll find out more next season.

Mirotic at this point is probably second for ROY, no?

He's perfect for NY, which is why he should never, ever end up there.

Perfect until he gets a nice big contract and his motivation turns from being an elite big man to joining the Michael Sweetney weight gain club.

Lyles will be the best value pick of the draft

Jury is still out. Wiggins is for real. Other than that though...who is second for ROY? Elfrid Payton? Best hair in the NBA.

And don't forget Embiid. Next year's rising stars game will be fun to watch assuming everyone's healthy.

I would lean toward Towns, as I believe he will be the better all-around player (he looks to be the superior rebounder, defender and free throw shooter) and would probably mesh better with Carmelo's game.

ND beat Okafor twice, Towns dominated ND

Are you serious? Okafor didn't dominate ND? He shot 22 for 29 averaging 24 points and 9 rebounds against ND. If that's not dominating, what is?

I think Elfrid is having a great year, he could be second. Nerlens Noel is putting up solid numbers as well, he could get second.

I've thought for a few months now that Towns is the better pro prospect than Okafor and will ultimately go #1. Don't get me wrong. Okafor is extremely talented, could someday become a plus defender (think about how Boogie Cousins became good) and will be a post scoring beast in the NBA. Towns, however, just translates better to current NBA trends. He'll have NBA 3 point range, can defend the rim, and is more mobile. The rarest combination (and most coveted) in the NBA is long-range shooting and rim protection. Only a few players have it (Ibaka, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh), and Towns has that potential.

I've thought for a few months now that Towns is the better pro prospect than Okafor and will ultimately go #1. Don't get me wrong. Okafor is extremely talented, could someday become a plus defender (think about how Boogie Cousins became good) and will be a post scoring beast in the NBA. Towns, however, just translates better to current NBA trends. He'll have NBA 3 point range, can defend the rim, and is more mobile. The rarest combination (and most coveted) in the NBA is long-range shooting and rim protection. Only a few players have it (Ibaka, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh), and Towns has that potential.

3pt range?

Are you serious? Okafor didn't dominate ND? He shot 22 for 29 averaging 24 points and 9 rebounds against ND. If that's not dominating, what is?
winning?

You're assuming the Knicks get the top pick. Only 25% chance of that happening.

I wonder sometime when there isn't a clear cut #1 if you might be better off picking 2nd or 3rd. The decision might be a little easier for you with one guy off the board, and if someone else really loves who else is left at your spot you might be in a good situation to make a deal.

At worst they will get a top 3 pick, it might not be the worst thing in the world to end up at 3, and take Winslow.

3pt range?

He doesn't have it yet, but I don't think it's ridiculous to think he could have it in him down the line. I'm not saying I'm drafting him thinking he's going to be sinking 3's for me, but he can knock down 18 footers, I don't think its crazy to think
At worst they will get a top 3 pick, it might not be the worst thing in the world to end up at 3, and take Winslow.

If they finish last overall they can technically fall as far as four, though it's really unlikely.

Okafor will never be the star some think. His defense is putrid, as is his board work. His offense will not come anywhere as easily in the nba where there a lots of big, strong, and skilled centers. Towns is not as polished in the paint and likely never will be but he is a very good jump shooter with range extending beyond the college three point line. He is a good ball handler, a very good passer, and a very good help defender. His rebounding rate is very good. Towns has a much higher ceiling, has high character (like Okafor), and has much fewer holes in his game. Towns is the guy for me.

I agree and disagree. I agree that Okafor won't be a guy dominating games on the glass or defensively. But I do think he will be just fine offensively. I can see him being a Brook Lopez type of center. He may be better, but I think that's his closest comparison in terms of strengths and weaknesses.

I think Noel has to be 2nd for rookie of the year. He has really picked it up as the season has gone on. If he started playing at this level a little earlier in the year, he may have become the favorite to win it.

Payton has come on strong too.

There is the nightmare scenario for the Knicks in that all three lottery balls selected belong to teams below the bottom three, which would put the Knicks at the number 4 pick. I'm a Laker fan so I need LA to hang on to the 4th worst record and still have the buffer of one team leapfrogging them to keep their top 5 protected pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom