OT: Insane Warriors stat | Syracusefan.com

OT: Insane Warriors stat

VaBeachOrFan

2nd String
Golden State is 3-3 in winning games in which they were behind by 20 or more points. The ENTIRE REST OF THE LEAGUE is 13 out of 486. Is that ridiculous or what?--VBOF

Their lineup that plays no center (Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Barnes, and Green) outscored the Clippers 25-8 to close out the game against a lineup that included Blake and Jordan. You don't need traditional bigs to be good if your guards and wings are really good.

That game was the best regular NBA game I've seen since last year's SAS/CLE game where Kyrie went off for 55.

I really think the only team that might be able to slow down the GSW are the SAS and only in a seven game series.

I don't think they'll get to 72 wins because of the sheer luck that is needed, but they absolutely are playing on a level that I haven't seen since the SAS '14 team in the playoffs. And even then, they are exceeding that.

That game was the best regular NBA game I've seen since last year's SAS/CLE game where Kyrie went off for 55.

I really think the only team that might be able to slow down the GSW are the SAS and only in a seven game series.

I don't think they'll get to 72 wins because of the sheer luck that is needed, but they absolutely are playing on a level that I haven't seen since the SAS '14 team in the playoffs. And even then, they are exceeding that.

Who is Tony Parker going to guard on Golden State?

I assume what MikeSU02 means is that SAS has a shot of "hanging with" Golden State by trying to outscore them. Although, to be fair, the Spurs probably have a better shot of defending the Warriors than most teams. Put Kawhi on Curry, Green on Thompson and I guess hide Parker on Barnes? Yeah, that's a problem, but having 2 of the top 5 wing defenders in the league gives them as good a shot as anyone. I do think that Duncan and Aldridge can make the Barnes and Draymond pay more inside then most teams. I'll take my chances with those two posting up Barnes and Draymond, even though they are both very competent post defenders (especially Draymond).

It's a good point. It depends on who GSW has out there. But SAS has the best wing defender in the NBA and another all-NBA caliber wing defender in Danny Green.

And, SAS can go small or big and match up with GSW's lineup changes.

Parker is what he is. But it's not like Steph is exactly CP3 when it comes to defense.

SAS are a team that can punish GSW if they go small and still have the defenders to stick with the quicker, smaller lineup.

And I'm not saying they would definitely win. I just think they are the only team that has the flexibility to be able to keep up with them.

I assume what MikeSU02 means is that SAS has a shot of "hanging with" Golden State by trying to outscore them. Although, to be fair, the Spurs probably have a better shot of defending the Warriors than most teams. Put Kawhi on Curry, Green on Thompson and I guess hide Parker on Barnes? Yeah, that's a problem, but having 2 of the top 5 wing defenders in the league gives them as good a shot as anyone. I do think that Duncan and Aldridge can make the Barnes and Draymond pay more inside then most teams. I'll take my chances with those two posting up Barnes and Draymond, even though they are both very competent post defenders (especially Draymond).

You said it better than I did.

And, again, I do not think SAS would be favored or anything. Just saying they are the best chance at upsetting GSW.

San Antonio is good. They probably are the second best team in the league right now.

I was interested in Curry's defensive metrics so I went looked and surprisingly advanced metrics show that Curry has been a better defender than CP3 for three years now, and it's not as close as you think...

D. Rose a no go tonight. Surprise Surprise. They beat Golden State last year at Oracle I believe.

I went to bed and the Warriors were probably down 18-20 and I fully expected them to at least get back in the game, if not win.

Steph Curry is taking 11.5 3's per game and making 45% of them. Just absurd.

He had 11 boards last night. Hes putting up numbers Jordan didn't even do.

Loved watching the Clippers choke. Overhyped lob city chumps with no heart.

Steph Curry is the most entertaining player I've ever watched, in any sport, besides maybeeee Barry Sanders when I was a kid.

Every game he does stuff that you have to watch on replay to fully grasp what you just saw. The steal of Noah where he just ripped it away like an attacking defensive back and then lobbed it up for the alley oop was just filthy.

Steph Curry is the most entertaining player I've ever watched, in any sport, besides maybeeee Barry Sanders when I was a kid.

Every game he does stuff that you have to watch on replay to fully grasp what you just saw. The steal of Noah where he just ripped it away like an attacking defensive back and then lobbed it up for the alley oop was just filthy.

That was amazing. Steph is the best.

Their lineup that plays no center (Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Barnes, and Green) outscored the Clippers 25-8 to close out the game against a lineup that included Blake and Jordan. You don't need traditional bigs to be good if your guards and wings are really good.

That lineup has so much chemistry. I think what really allows it to work is that Green can actually guard good post players, despite being only 6'7. You can't move the guy, and he's got long arms that allow him to play bigger than his height.

Offensively they are all skilled and versatile, and play so well together and Curry is in one of the alltime great zones that any player has ever been in. I love it. So much fun to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom