Class of 2017 - OT Isaiah Wilson (NY) Committed to UGA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OT Isaiah Wilson (NY) Committed to UGA

http://www.brooklyndaily.com/storie...s-football-preview-2014-09-04-bd_2014_36.html

The Blue Devils’ lines pushed teams around on both sides of the ball a year ago, led by Jay Hayes, who is now at Notre Dame. And in Hayes’s absence, a new crop of physical lineman will look to impose their dominance this season.
The unit is led by junior Justin Morgan and sophomore Isaiah Wilson on the offensive line. Morgan is 6-foot-6 and 360 pounds and Wilson is 6-foot-5 and 300 pounds. Both with rotate in on defense.

Really need to develop a relationship with Poly Prep. Need to be able to compete with ND and BC at schools like that.

I love that we have relationships with the key S. Florida programs, but I'd also like to see SU be first among equals in the key programs in NYS.

Could not agree more, as much as people talk about 4 star recruits, I do not always subscribe to that, I think we cannot take that next step until we get the highly ranked kids from NY. Fla, NJ, Ohio and Pa are great but, the next step comes when we get the top New York kids.

A 2017 kid is emerging as a priority? I find that funny. We should just worry about 2016 first.

A 2017 kid is emerging as a priority? I find that funny. We should just worry about 2016 first.

They are always working on multiple classes... or at least they should be...evidenced by the 2017s and 2018s already offered.

They are always working on multiple classes... or at least they should be...evidenced by the 2017s and 2018s already offered.
And getting on kids early is a key. And this manchild is well worth the effort.

Has already accepted invitation to play in the Under Armor All-American game. Looks like he will be a national recruit.

Glo_Zay⭐ ‏@savagezay74 29m29 minutes ago
Extremely blessed to be able to say I will be committing to the under armour all american game for the class of 2017
1f601.png
1f608.png

http://www.brooklyndaily.com/storie...s-football-preview-2014-09-04-bd_2014_36.html

The Blue Devils’ lines pushed teams around on both sides of the ball a year ago, led by Jay Hayes, who is now at Notre Dame. And in Hayes’s absence, a new crop of physical lineman will look to impose their dominance this season.
The unit is led by junior Justin Morgan and sophomore Isaiah Wilson on the offensive line. Morgan is 6-foot-6 and 360 pounds and Wilson is 6-foot-5 and 300 pounds. Both with rotate in on defense.

How does Morgan committing to Rutgers effect Wilson's recruiting?

Looks like NYS has a 5star recruit. Wilson #15 overall in the new Rivlz 100 for 2017

anomander said:
Looks like NYS has a 5star recruit. Wilson #15 overall in the new Rivlz 100 for 2017
book'em Dano. We need to be on this kid big time and I think SS and Co. Have the ability to do it especially if we have a couple of good seasons before he gets to college.

Pugh, Hickey, Trudo...

Lets start a culture of putting OL talent in the draft so we can really attract talent like this.

Pugh, Hickey, Trudo...

Lets start a culture of putting OL talent in the draft so we can really attract talent like this.
I think we have a few NFL guys brought in from the 14' and 15' classes. But the problem (regarding Wilson) is that they won't be drafted before he makes his decision. But guys like Adams, Ward and Conway all have NFL size and potential. If Trudo could get drafted it would be huge, but man he has to be way better then he was a year ago to even get himself in the conversation since Hickey was our best OL a year ago and didn't get drafted (although that may well have been a medical issue)

Trueblue25 said:
Pugh, Hickey, Trudo... Lets start a culture of putting OL talent in the draft so we can really attract talent like this.

Unfortunately Hickey got screwed and went undrafted.

Until they get a different head coach, we won't get any of the good players from Poly Prep.

Free Article...

15. Isaiah Wilson, 5-star offensive lineman, Brooklyn (NY) Poly Prep:
Wilson is the highest rated NY player since Ishaq Williams made the Rivals100 in 2011 as #16. He has visited Syracuse once in the past and recently told CuseConfidential.com that he is open to anyone and will be back to visit Syracuse a couple times within the next year. He has a great relationship with the staff, especially Coach Joe Adam.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom