FSU QB De’Andre Johnson | Syracusefan.com

FSU QB De’Andre Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to see here as Jimbo and his side kick Willie Meggs buys her off as the Tally P.D. has no say what so ever.

Did I read that right that the thug has not been interviewed yet?

sweep.jpg

I like how the Police spokesperson sent ESPN a copy of the incident report with the player's name and the witness' name redacted, but not the alleged victim's name.

this wont go anywhere, she punched him in the face first.

Just watch the bartenders as they casually go on about their business. It's kind of impressive.

Disgusting. He should never play a down for Florida State, especially coming off of all that happened with Winston. Of course, football is king there, so you never know. If that was a Syracuse player, I'd never want him near my campus again.

Women want to be equal, until they don't. If you punch someone, you should expect to be punched back.
Equality for all.

He pushed people out of the way to get to the bar, then grabbed her very aggressively after she pushed him back. She then hit him with what would probably be considered a love tap for a D1 football player and he blasted her in the face with a right hook that left her bloodied. There doesn't appear to be anything "equal" about that.

Women want to be equal, until they don't. If you punch someone, you should expect to be punched back.
Equality for all.

I was raised never to hit a woman and I raise my boys the same way. But the fact is she punches him in the face first so legally (right or wrong) he probably has every right to punch her back.

I'm actually more amazed the State Attorney General's office released the video. Why are they involved in a 1 punch incident between students. Is that the responsibility of the AG's office?

He pushed people out of the way to get to the bar, then grabbed her very aggressively after she pushed him back. She then hit him with what would probably be considered a love tap for a D1 football player and he blasted her in the face with a right hook that left her bloodied. There doesn't appear to be anything "equal" about that.

I see the video a little differently and I'm not defending him punching her. It's pretty bad and he should've just laughed it off, but if this were a domestic dispute she would've also been arrested for assaulting him.

I was raised never to hit a woman and I raise my boys the same way. But the fact is she punches him in the face first so legally (right or wrong) he probably has every right to punch her back.

I'm actually more amazed the State Attorney General's office released the video. Why are they involved in a 1 punch incident between students. Is that the responsibility of the AG's office?

At first I thought the same but if you notice he was pushing into her and then grabbed her. She could argue she was defending herself. Plus it doesn't look good that he fled.

I see the video a little differently and I'm not defending him punching her. It's pretty bad and he should've just laughed it off, but if this were a domestic dispute she would've also been arrested for assaulting him.

Watch at about the 1:45 mark when his head first appears on camera. He is leaning on her and pushing her in the back. Then, the "punch" that she throws does nothing more than glance off the side of his face.

Watch at about the 1:45 mark when his head first appears on camera. He is leaning on her and pushing her in the back. Then, the "punch" that she throws does nothing more than glance off the side of his face.

it doesn't matter how 'hard' her punch is. the fact is her fist made contact with his face.

at 1:45 he's trying to squeeze in between the two woman. She turns around and says something to him. He again tries to squeeze in and yes he's pushing against her - that's what happens in crowded bars. She again turns around and says something to him. This time he says something back and they start jawing at each other. She's got her right fist clenched and up in the air and is probably threatening to punch him; she's also pushing him backwards with her left hand/arm.

He grabs her fist and pushes it down, he's now holding both her arms (because she looks like she was threatening to hit him) and they're jawing at each other. She breaks his grip and punches him in the face. (it also appears he might be hit by someone else), after getting punched he punches her back.

In sum, he bumps into her trying to get to the bar, she starts jawing at him, threatens to hit him, then does hit him and he hits her back.

I'm not condoning him hitting her, I'm stating what I see happen.

I don't condone the action of either party whatsoever, but on a separate "fact based" argument, there is no way to look at this video and determine the intent of the girl. We may think there was nothing physically damaging to the punch, that doesn't mean there wasn't intent. A court wouldn't discount an attempted murder because the perp used a small caliber weapon and also missed their target with a glancing flesh wound.

The pushing to the bar thing seems painfully normal for a crowded college bar and brought back many frustrating memories from 44s on split night.

Again and this can't be said enough, the actions of both is deplorable.

At first I thought the same but if you notice he was pushing into her and then grabbed her. She could argue she was defending herself. Plus it doesn't look good that he fled.

she's got her right fist clenched up in the air before he grabs her arms. He grabs her arms because she's threatening to hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.