Class of 2016 - OT Johncarlo Valentin (PA) Verbal to Oklahoma/ASA/ Baylor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Johncarlo Valentin (PA) Verbal to Oklahoma/ASA/ Baylor

sg18-11730.jpg

I think it really is plastic. Maybe it was on sale at Walmart.

To be fair, if it was made of metal whoever was wearing it would legitimately cook on sunny days.

sg18-11730.jpg

I think it really is plastic. Maybe it was on sale at Walmart.

Not to defend Rutgers in any way, but did you expect a full suit of plate armor or chainmail? If plastic were around in the middle ages, then they'd have made plastic suits of armor. I mean, the guy still looks like a douche though.

Not to defend Rutgers in any way, but did you expect a full suit of plate armor or chainmail? If plastic were around in the middle ages, then they'd have made plastic suits of armor. I mean, the guy still looks like a douche though.

My high school mascot had a suit made of metal - it's not unheard of.

Admittedly, it is better than Dome Eddie. If anyone could find a picture of him that would be great!

Can someone explain to me exactly what "CHOPNATION" actually means? Every time I see it, I think of Florida State.
Agree, and don't forget the Florida Gator chomp also. Basically just makes me think of the state of FL, certainly not NJ.

Can someone explain to me exactly what "CHOPNATION" actually means? Every time I see it, I think of Florida State.

I actually looked this up the other day cause I was sick up seeing it. Before every game they run into the stadium with a red ax... they dance around this big red stump... then someone "chops" the stump with said ax..

I actually looked this up the other day cause I was sick up seeing it. Before every game they run into the stadium with a red ax... they dance around this big red stump... then someone "chops" the stump with said ax..
Oh, right. Because I always associate lumberjacking with Knights and New Jersey.

Rutgers grads become line cooks

I had no idea. I thought it was the style of blocking Schiano taught his oline. ;)

Free Article...

http://arizonastate.At their reques...73-philly-ol-already-familiar-with-sun-devils

May 05, 2015 | 10:16 am
Philly OL Already Familiar With Sun Devils
Recruiting Analyst

Phildelphia Imhotep offensive lineman JonCarlo Valentin was offered by Arizona State after earning an invitation to The Opening.

Arizona State’s presence at Philadelphia Imhotep continued last week when it extended another offer inside the powerhouse program as recent The Opening invitee JonCarlo Valentin picked one up.

Valentin, a guard, stood out during The Opening NY/NJ regional, and not long after the Sun Devils offered him. He also added one from Rutgers to go with Power 5 offers from Pittsburgh and Purdue and others from Connecticut, Temple, Buffalo and Massachusetts.

"Recruiting has really been picking up for me since my last two camps,” Valentin said. “A lot of schools have been coming by, but Arizona State was definitely exciting. I know quite a lot about them so far."

Analysis
Valentin offers versatility because he can play guard or center. He is comfortable pulling and gets out quickly and locates the defender. Valentin is explosive and plays with a low pad level in the running game, and in the passing game moves his feet well, does not reach and keeps a low, centered base. He also has the ability to add flexibility, which will allow him to optimize his talent. -- Brian Dohn

And while Arizona State is a few time zones away, Valentin has knowledge of them because of the Sun Devils’ activity at the school.

Arizona State landed D’Andre Scott in the 2014 class, and are still under strong consideration by four-star tight end Naseir Upshur. And, of course, the Imhotep produced former Sun Devils receiver Jaelen Strong.

“Arizona State is a good school,” Valentin said. “They've got a good team and everything. It's a nice place to go out there and play football. It would be a good environment.

"I actually know Arizona State pretty well because they've got a couple of players from our school there. I've talked about it with them, and it sounds great."

There is a clear message Strong and Scott are giving Valentin.

"They've just told me it's a great place to be and that I should visit,” Valentin said. “I'm interested. I hope (to visit). I'm mostly going to do different camps this summer, but I don't know any of them yet.”

With Upshur, running back Tyliek Raynor, Jahmir Johnson and fellow offensive lineman Yasir Durant all holding offers and being visited on a daily basis by schools, Valentin thinks his recruitment could just be beginning.

“It’s starting to heat up for me,” Valentin said. “A lot of big schools have been by – Alabama, Florida State. They’re on board, and it’s exciting for that opportunity.”

Really wish we had actually, ya know, gotten on this guy with an offer when we had the chance. He's blowing up like freakin' crazy.

Really wish we had actually, ya know, gotten on this guy with an offer when we had the chance. He's blowing up like freakin' crazy.

I can't even tell you who our big OL targets are? I'm sure there are some, but they are under lock and key, or at least I hope? Other then Fries, and Pridgeon are there any recruits that we are aware about with mutual interest? Considering our lack of depth at OT, I was hoping to see 3 OT's brought in this class.

I am wondering if with some of the kids that they offered today, that we started threads for months and months ago, the staff was waiting to evaluate their junior year grades first. I can't think of too many other reasons for why they waited so long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom