Class of 2016 - OT Johncarlo Valentin (PA) Verbal to Oklahoma/ASA/ Baylor | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Johncarlo Valentin (PA) Verbal to Oklahoma/ASA/ Baylor

I am wondering if with some of the kids that they offered today, that we started threads for months and months ago, the staff was waiting to evaluate their junior year grades first. I can't think of too many other reasons for why they waited so long.

Stop being logical, CL, it's much more fun for some folks to assume the staff are a bunch of morons :0

Stop being logical, CL, it's much more fun for some folks to assume the staff are a bunch of morons :0

I'm sorry... recommence with the burning at the stake and tar and feathering. Oh wait, I'm a witch better no burning at the stake. ;)

I'm sorry... recommence with the burning at the stake and tar and feathering. Oh wait, I'm a witch better no burning at the stake. ;)
Just don't turn me into a newt

Free Article...
http://temple.247sports.com/Article/Valentin-calls-Temple-a-top-five-school-3754037

Valentin calls Temple a "top five" school

2016 Imhotep Charter (Pa.) offensive guard Johncarlo Valentin was on Temple’s campus to observe Matt Rhule’s first camp of the summer.

The Owls, who were the second school to offer Valentin, stand in a good position with the three-star prospect despite offers flying in from major programs such as Auburn, Arizona State, Rutgers and Michigan.

“They (Temple) are top five because they’ve been there since day one,” he told Owls247 right outside of Temple’s Edberg-Olson Hall. “It’s obvious that I really feel comfortable here; it’s home. They’re right up there.

“I love Temple,” he added. “It was my second offer; they got in early. You can’t go wrong with Temple.”

With all of the new offers that have come in throughout the spring evaluation period, Valentin’s now in the process of setting visits to some of these schools.

“I know I’m going to Michigan and Arizona State,” he stated. “Those two visits will probably be towards the beginning of our season (late summer). I plan on going to Wisconsin soon and then some ACC schools like Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse and then Boston College for a camp. I also will go to South Carolina.”

One of the schools that stand out to Valentin on the list of planned visits is Arizona State, who currently have former Imhotep star Deandre Scott on their roster and plucked Houston Texans wide receiver Jaelen Strong out of West Philadelphia Catholic High School. The Sun Devils are also heavily involved with Valentin’s high school teammate, tight end Naseir Upshur, who set an official visit to ASU for September 18.

“I have a great relationship with their offensive line coach (Chris) Thomsen and (tight ends/special teams) coach (Chip) Long,” Valentin said. “When I take my visit out there, it’ll hopefully put them up higher on the board.

“I don’t know exactly where they are right now just because I haven’t seen the campus or met the coaches, but they’re definitely in the mix.”

With schools like Arizona State, Temple, Michigan and Wisconsin now in the mix for Valentin, it’s natural to assume that No. 13-ranked offensive guard in the 2016 recruiting class will consider playing in college together with Upshur, who has racked up over 40 offers.

“We talk about it every one in a while,” Valentin said. “I think about it and have some fun with the idea of us playing at the same school. But it’s just something that happens every once in a while.”

Unlike Upshur, the majority of Valentin’s big-time offers have come in the past month or two. The North Philly native says some of these schools have some ground to make up.

“I wouldn’t say a lot (of ground to be made up), but there is some,” said Valentin. “I’ve been offered pretty late (by some schools). I do have some good relationships with some of these coaches, though.

“Honestly, it’s just about if I feel comfortable with the coaches are the area, that’s all.”

As the offer list continues to grow and currently stands at twelve, the 6-foot-5, 290-pounder is looking to trim his list down following his summer visits.

“Pretty soon … it’ll probably happen around our second game (early September),” he said. “I need to wait a bit, take these visits, see what other offers come in and go from there.”

If Temple does manage to land Valentin, it would be the second time in three years that Rhule’s staff landed a three-star offensive lineman out of Imhotep. Aaron Ruff, an offensive tackle, signed on with Temple in 2014 and redshirted last season

This was a too late to the party offer, would be a huge surprise if we even get in his top 10.

Can someone explain to me exactly what "CHOPNATION" actually means? Every time I see it, I think of Florida State.
Wait... I thought it was "CHUMPNATION" ??

Not to defend Rutgers in any way, but did you expect a full suit of plate armor or chainmail? If plastic were around in the middle ages, then they'd have made plastic suits of armor. I mean, the guy still looks like a douche though.
Can you make plastic suits of armor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom