OT: Jon "Bones" Jones gets into a brawl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jon "Bones" Jones gets into a brawl

You contradict yourself in the first 2 sentences. Anyway...

One of corner guys for Jones was holding Cormier down so Jones could get open and free shots at him in the scrum. Look, Jones is 100% guilty here. I know this is a pro-Jones board because his family all went to SU and all. But Jones is 100% in the wrong and will pay the price. I don't know how close some of you follow MMA but the whole "Jones nice-guy" act has been blown up by Rashad Evans (his former partner), Dan Henderson, Rampage, and now Cormier. Everyone says he is really a bad guy, an ass, and is 100% fake in the way he acts. Everyone ain't working together and lying. As soon as Jones put his forehead on Cormier's forehead...everything resulted because of that action. Jones corner-man will probably be suspended and I expect Jones to get a larger fine than Cormier.

With all of that said, anyone who follows MMA knows Cormier has almost no shot in their match. Jones is bigger, younger, and has far superior skills. Cormier's biggest win is vs an old/washed up Dan Henderson. Jones will win easily. Doesn't change the fact Jones is 100% guilty and the reason for yesterday's altercation.

That is just ignoring reality

The "beforehand" I was referencing was your comment about ESPN sending the boxing commission a video tape of banter before hand. I don't believe this means anything as far as repercussions. It will be considered banter that is had before every fight, talk is just talk. HYping up the fight, been going on forever.

As far as the boxing commission and UFC is concerned, the previous 3 stare down altercations by Cormier will most definitely be considered. This shows a pattern of behavior that is unacceptable.

As far as me being all out for Jones, I have no dog in this fight and haven't watched an MMA fight since about the time Royce Gracie, Tank Abbott used to fight about a trillion years ago. I do think that pi$$ing off Bones is a very bad idea.

We will agree to disagree about JBJ's guilt in this.

Here's the video... Bones has ridiculous hay-maker ability and is lightning quick. Cormier is the best grappler in the sport, but Bones will keep his distance and land several of these blows IMO...

Here's the video... Bones has ridiculous hay-maker ability and is lightning quick. Cormier is the best grappler in the sport, but Bones will keep his distance and land several of these blows IMO...

Jones boxing is probably the worst part of his stand up game, he's much better with kicks from a distance and elbows. Jones doesn't have one punch knockout power with his hands, all his knockouts have come from a compilation of shots which for the most part have come from elbows after taking an opponent down.

http://deadspin.com/jon-jones-and-d...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Yep, Jon Jones isn't an instigator :rolleyes:. Just watch the video to see the REAL Jon Jones

Heel Jon Jones is the BEST!

"You are a terrible person"
"Thank you."

I think it's all fake.
I tend to agree with this, though Jones has been playing up this heel role for awhile or at least since the rashad Evans fight, but hey if that gets the most ppv buys its worth it.

I think it's all fake.
It's not fake at all. The only thing fake is Jon Jones and how he acts in "real life." Not surprising he got a DWI a few years back, he is very immature

There have been 4 or 5 fighters now who have said this about Jones with no promting and some didn't even have fights with him. How he acts childish, immature, and like a jackass behind the scenes when the cameras are off.

He is the best fighter in the world in the eyes of many and mine. There is no doubting the ability he has and his greatness inside the cage. He is just a real life jerk.

It's not fake at all. The only thing fake is Jon Jones and how he acts in "real life." Not surprising he got a DWI a few years back, he is very immature

There have been 4 or 5 fighters now who have said this about Jones with no promting and some didn't even have fights with him. How he acts childish, immature, and like a jackass behind the scenes when the cameras are off.

He is the best fighter in the world in the eyes of many and mine. There is no doubting the ability he has and his greatness inside the cage. He is just a real life jerk.

A lot of these guys are jackasses behind the scenes. What is your point? Cormier called out Jones like a little bittch after his last fight. He is going to get his teeth kicked in.

A lot of these guys are jackasses behind the scenes. What is your point? Cormier called out Jones like a little bittch after his last fight. He is going to get his teeth kicked in.
The point is Jones has this "nice guy" public image and is being exposed. Might even cost him endorsements down the road if it continues. Didn't think there was a major point, just having a discussion here on a message board:rolleyes:

The point is Jones has this "nice guy" public image and is being exposed. Might even cost him endorsements down the road if it continues. Didn't think there was a major point, just having a discussion here on a message board:rolleyes:

He will not lose any endorsements. If anything, he will gain them. His exposure level is at an all-time high. His sponsors aren't going to be Dove soap, they will be things popular to viewers of MMA.

He will not lose any endorsements. If anything, he will gain them. His exposure level is at an all-time high. His sponsors aren't going to be Dove soap, they will be things popular to viewers of MMA.
I'm sure Nike and Gatorade are so happy a video has gone viral of this guy calling a guy a (female body part) and saying he will literally kill him. Because big stars like Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant have never lost endorsements before for their actions :rolleyes:

I'm sure Nike and Gatorade are so happy a video has gone viral of this guy calling a guy a (female body part) and saying he will literally kill him. Because big stars like Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant have never lost endorsements before for their actions :rolleyes:

That is comparing apples to oranges. No one will be happy about the name-calling, but emotions can tend to overflow in a sport where you are trying to physically beat the snot out of your opponent. Tiger is not trying to do that and neither is Kobe.

Bones is at the top of his sport. The endorsements will continue until he gets involved in a scandal like the other two got nailed doing, pun intended. Both of them landed on their feet though when all of the dust settled...

Jones out of UFC 178 with leg injury. Fight with Cormier moved to UFC 182

His sponsors aren't going to be Dove soap, they will be things popular to viewers of MMA.

Are you saying MMA viewers don't take showers?

Bought tickets a week ago...pretty pissed.

Glad I didn't buy a hotel room yet, prob going to get a refund.

And Jon Jones fails another drug test which I believe means is an automatic 2 year suspension this time for him. He has been pulled from this weekends fight. His UFC career is now over.