OT: Jon "Bones" Jones gets into a brawl | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jon "Bones" Jones gets into a brawl

And Jon Jones fails another drug test which I believe means is an automatic 2 year suspension this time for him. He has been pulled from this weekends fight. His UFC career is now over.

What a moron.

If this comes to pass, I can't even fathom how arrogant and/or dumb you must be to put yourself in this situation. Dana White's crying right now.

Jones' quote from an ESPN article LAST WEEK: "I want to show the world that you can be down but never out," Jones said. "I want to be a story where someone risked losing so much but ultimately turned everything around. A lot of times you hear these stories about athletes who ruined their career and they go away and no one knows what happened to them or they're bankrupt or they end up in jail. They just ruined a great career. I want to be one of the few stories you hear where I was ruining things but ultimately turned things around and became a hero. That's my vision for the way my story is going to play out."

You're developing your story alright.

Jon Jones is on Johnny Manzie's level.

Jones isn't coming back from this one. His career is now officially over.

Jon Jones is on Johnny Manzie's level.

Jones isn't coming back from this one. His career is now officially over.
I wonder if he was popped for steroids or coke again.

As far as his career being over, I disagree. He might not fight in the UFC again but im sure promotions overseas will pay him a boatload of money. I wouldn't be surprised if he fights Fedor soon in Japan.

I agree Stern, stick a fork in him. Guy is just impossible to root for. Obviously, he never stopped and thought he could beat the test. His arrogance and nose thumbing is 2nd only to Lance Armstrong at this point

I wonder if he was popped for steroids or coke again.

As far as his career being over, I disagree. He might not fight in the UFC again but im sure promotions overseas will pay him a boatload of money. I wouldn't be surprised if he fights Fedor soon in Japan.

His failure was for a PED. USADA doesn't test for recreational drugs that far out in advance of a fight. He has shown the inability to stay clean. He is a drug addict and a cheater. Some organization in the United States might give him a chance to fight in 2 or 3 years, but there is a 0.0% chance he will stay clean in the lead up to the fight and pass a drug test with the new rules USADA have and the amount of testing he will undergo at this point in his career. USADA has tested Brock Lesnar over 7 times in less than a month and Lesnar never failed a test ever. He is a pro wrestler and they (USADA) don't trust him or anyone who comes from that profession, so they go overboard with the testing . Jones who has a telephone book now of failed drug tests would be tested daily probably if he ever wanted to fight again in this country.

Now in Japan if some mickey-mouse organization wanted him to fight there in a couple years, whatever he can go over there and fight and nobody will notice or care. Nobody takes those organizations seriously anymore as they are all "fixed fights." And if he tried fighting there in the next 2 years he would be blacklisted from every US promotion forever because USADA and all of the State Athletic Commissions would be pissed at him and no organization would want to get on USADA's or the States Athletic Commissions bad side.

His failure was for a PED. USADA doesn't test for recreational drugs that far out in advance of a fight. He has shown the inability to stay clean. He is a drug addict and a cheater. Some organization in the United States might give him a chance to fight in 2 or 3 years, but there is a 0.0% chance he will stay clean in the lead up to the fight and pass a drug test with the new rules USADA have and the amount of testing he will undergo at this point in his career. USADA has tested Brock Lesnar over 7 times in less than a month and Lesnar never failed a test ever. He is a pro wrestler and they (USADA) don't trust him or anyone who comes from that profession, so they go overboard with the testing . Jones who has a telephone book now of failed drug tests would be tested daily probably if he ever wanted to fight again in this country.

Now in Japan if some mickey-mouse organization wanted him to fight there in a couple years, whatever he can go over there and fight and nobody will notice or care. Nobody takes those organizations seriously anymore as they are all "fixed fights." And if he tried fighting there in the next 2 years he would be blacklisted from every US promotion forever because USADA and all of the State Athletic Commissions would be pissed at him and no organization would want to get on USADA's or the States Athletic Commissions bad side.

It just goes to show that he doesn't think he can without them, plain and simple. Maybe he can, I don't know but he certainly doesn't think he can.

it was an "out of competition" test. could be for anything.

JJ was lifted up by the UFC brass and had things swept under the table for years. Excuses made...the whole 9. His self entitlement and thinking he can do no wrong stems a lot from that. its pretty sad to see. but he was always like this and put on a show for the TV's.

Jon Jones crying at the press conference today was just too much. I mean, seriously you are gonna cry. You took the drugs...again. You failed the test...again. You got caught...again. Why are you crying?

This is really interesting from Dana White today...

"Onto the Jones story, White confirmed that Jones did not test positive for a recreational drug.

Also, when saying how it's virtually impossible the B sample will come back clean, White mentioned two different agents in the A sample test failure. It is possible testing positive for two agents could lead to a suspension longer than two years."

Again all im saying is that his career in MMA isn't over. Yes as far as fighting in the US, its definitely questionable, but i doubt Jon Jones is the type of guy who wouldnt go fight in Japan, Russia, or One FC in Singapore where he will probably make more money then if he continued fighting in the UFC. Ethics do not seem to be a problem for Jon Jones so fighting abroad would be perfect for him.

Again all im saying is that his career in MMA isn't over. Yes as far as fighting in the US, its definitely questionable, but i doubt Jon Jones is the type of guy who wouldnt go fight in Japan, Russia, or One FC in Singapore where he will probably make more money then if he continued fighting in the UFC. Ethics do not seem to be a problem for Jon Jones so fighting abroad would be perfect for him.

If he is going to fight overseas in a promotion nobody has heard of, can watch, cares about, or will see...his career is essentially over. He is Johnny Manziel at this point. A side-show circus and not an athlete with a future

If he is going to fight overseas in a promotion nobody has heard of, can watch, cares about, or will see...his career is essentially over. He is Johnny Manziel at this point. A side-show circus and not an athlete with a future
A much more accomplished Johnny Manziel but your point is well taken. I am not well versed in UFC testing - is it considered solid and how long has it been in place? Is that how he hasn't been popped for this kind of failure before? PED not the coke.

A much more accomplished Johnny Manziel but your point is well taken. I am not well versed in UFC testing - is it considered solid and how long has it been in place? Is that how he hasn't been popped for this kind of failure before? PED not the coke.

Good question. It's different now, but a few years ago Jon Anik held his chatroom at ESPN. He went on record saying that, based on fighters beliefs and people inside the business, about 80% were on PED's. Again, it's different now, but it was rampant. Worse in it's infancy. A 19 year old Vitor Belfort with slabs of granular, dry muscle? No way is that natty. And Pride was even worse than UFC. Not sure anyone was tested in Japan.

UFC doesn't test anyone, they gave it up a few years ago to clean up the sport. They put it in the hands of USADA so there is no sniff of corruption on their part. It's out of UFC's hands. USADA is the same doping agency that does our Olympic Athletes

UFC doesn't test anyone, they gave it up a few years ago to clean up the sport. They put it in the hands of USADA so there is no sniff of corruption on their part. It's out of UFC's hands. USADA is the same doping agency that does our Olympic Athletes

This, they do randoms up to and after fights, but then they will also conduct out of competition tests...just like a pro athlete in baseball or football could get tested in the off-season (being as there is no real off-season in MMA).

They all know it and there are those that choose to risk it. Play the game...pay the price. Don't go cry on TV...everyone is over your shtick.

Not a huge Diaz brothers fan (I am starting to come around), but Nick flat out said yup...smoking blunts homie. It is what it is.

Art Jones just failed a drug test. Suspended first 4 games of the NFL season.

Those Jones brothers...I tell ya

If I was the NFL Chandler would be the next I would test. Seems the worst has come out in the Jones brothers lately. :(

If I was the NFL Chandler would be the next I would test. Seems the worst has come out in the Jones brothers lately. :(

The NFL drug testing policy is a bit of a joke. They all get tested this time of year for recreational drugs. Per the CBA the leagues tells the players the 12 week window or so when they get tested and guys still fail. Guys can do pot or other recreational drugs year round if they want, just stay clean for those 12 weeks or so. And once you are tested once for it, your done for the year. Not like they can test you again in 3 weeks, it's 1 time test a year.

Now Jones failed for PED's, little different. You are ONLY tested once a year for it and you are ONLY tested in the offseason if you are under contract to a team and if your name gets selected. And then during the season 10 players on each team are tested weekly. Jones played the odds, thinking its the offseason what are the chances my name gets picked (it is very slim)...and he lost.