8 - Dortmund
12 - Int'l Star
15 - Frosted
18 - Amer Pharoah

8-18-12
18-8-12
8-18-15
18-8-15

Dortmund and AP clearly the best of a top heavy group. Frosted and Int'l Star can sit just off the pace. Still unsure of what the pace scenario will be but I am thinking moderate, 23, 47, 112.
Wow! Lost the Tri by a 1/4 length. Holy cow, good call!

It's a slow time of year. If this had been posted the day before the Duke game, it probably would have been moved.

Cool. Then let's lock up the five OT forums that are undertrafficked anyway and eliminate redundancy.

Cool. Then let's lock up the five OT forums that are undertrafficked anyway and eliminate redundancy.

Let's lock you out so you quit being a dink. It says ot, go past it if you don't want to talk about biggest race of the year. Simple. Where it belongs is not a huge deal. If somebody wanted to talk derby 3 weeks ago then I would understand. Kind of been that the big sporting event of the day or weekend usually finds it's way to football or hoop board, much like the fight has a thread on the football forum. Not a big deal. Again, u must be another poster who is just a ton of fun at parties. Get over it.

It's like you just want to argue over something stupid.

Let's lock you out so you quit being a dink. It says ot, go past it if you don't want to talk about biggest race of the year. Simple. Where it belongs is not a huge deal. If somebody wanted to talk derby 3 weeks ago then I would understand. Kind of been that the big sporting event of the day or weekend usually finds it's way to football or hoop board, much like the fight has a thread on the football forum. Not a big deal. Again, u must be another poster who is just a ton of fun at parties. Get over it.

It's like you just want to argue over something stupid.

"Because that's the way we always do it" is a horrible justification for anything, ever.

Escalating to name calling also increases your point's validity.

"Because that's the way we always do it" is a horrible justification for anything, ever.

Escalating to name calling also increases your point's validity.
If you see "OT" in the title, don't click on it. It's really as simple as that. We are not in basketball season - nothing is really going on. As has been said repeatedly, if we were in the regular season, this may have been moved.

There's just not a lot going on right now. If it really bothers you (and several others) that much, as it appears to, don't open the thread. Why torture yourself with these offensive off-topic posts?

If you see "OT" in the title, don't click on it. It's really as simple as that. We are not in basketball season - nothing is really going on. As has been said repeatedly, if we were in the regular season, this may have been moved.

There's just not a lot going on right now. If it really bothers you that much, as it appears to (and several others), don't open the thread. Why torture yourself with these offensive off-topic posts?

That's fine. But like I said earlier, let's just shut down the other FIVE off topic formus in the basketball off season, since they have no purpose.

What is the point of going back and forth to read multiple threads on pro topics on different boards?

That's fine. But like I said earlier, let's just shut down the other FIVE off topic formus in the basketball off season, since they have no purpose.
We're not doing that. They all serve a purpose, and are utilized on a daily basis. If someone posts a topic considered OT on the hoops (or FB) board, and there is not a lot going on, and people are interested in the topic, and it's not bogging down the board, it will probably stay. This post and a couple others fit that criteria.

I'm not sure why this bothers you so much. :noidea:

We're not doing that. They all serve a purpose, and are utilized on a daily basis. If someone posts a topic considered OT on the hoops (or FB) board, and there is not a lot going on, and people are interested in the topic, and it's not bogging down the board, it will probably stay. This post and a couple others fit that criteria.

I'm not sure why this bothers you so much. :noidea:

Fair enough. Clearly I'm in the minority on this. As you were :)

There's just not a lot going on right now. If it really bothers you (and several others) that much, as it appears to, don't open the thread. Why torture yourself with these offensive off-topic posts?
Exactly. There will be a lot of non basketball topics being posted this off season with a lot less relevancy than the Kentucky Derby. Simple as that. People don't need to click on it.

My father and I noticed last night after the race, that the program given out in local OTB's for the Derby had their Superfecta picks on the cover. And wouldn't you know it, they actually picked it exactly right! If for the heck of it you placed a $2 bet on their pick, you would have won over $1200! I need to start paying attention to their cover picks in the future. On the other hand, this is probably the first time they ever had it right :)

Reactions: cto
Well, anyone win any big $$ in the race? Hard to win too much with the favorites winning. Had a good neighborhood party yesterday, unfortunately didn't win any blind draw horse bets (I should have taken 20 or 30 pct house money...ha ha).

Well, anyone win any big $$ in the race? Hard to win too much with the favorites winning. Had a good neighborhood party yesterday, unfortunately didn't win any blind draw horse bets (I should have taken 20 or 30 pct house money...ha ha).

really wanted frosted to get up for fourth, probably would have added another $3-500 to the super payout and probably just as much to the triple.

Hit the Oaks/Derby Double and the Ex...but basically lost most of it on Tri/Super combos with AP and Mubtaahij.

Hit the Oaks/Derby Double and the Ex...but basically lost most of it on Tri/Super combos with AP and Mubtaahij.
Just to clarify, I "liked" the 1st part of your sentence, not the 2nd. Sorry you lost most of the money.

American Pharaoh actually finished second. First was Johnny Weir's hat...

e52acf97a82fa13a42ef0604ecc388faa2405ff9.jpg

Looks like top 4 finishers will all move to the Preakness. Only knock on AP has been his durability, the next 5 weeks will surely test that. Still surprised they chased down Dortmund like they did.

Looks like top 4 finishers will all move to the Preakness. Only knock on AP has been his durability, the next 5 weeks will surely test that. Still surprised they chased down Dortmund like they did.
I was also surprised Dortmund gave it up late considering he had everything his way. I thought he was the best of the Baffert pair going in but I'm not sure what to make of him now.

Frosted was compromised by the slow pace and put in a tremendous sustained run. He's a serious racehorse. I wouldn't mind seeing him pass the Preakness and wait for the Belmont.

Firing Line did all the dirty work for the winner and arguably ran the better race of the two. It will be interesting to see how he and American Pharoah perform on the short turnaround.

Materiality lost all chance at the break and found himself in another time zone but was running on strongly at the end. He's a big talent who wants to race near the lead. He's got Preakness written all over him if he can handle coming back in two weeks.

I was also surprised Dortmund gave it up late considering he had everything his way. I thought he was the best of the Baffert pair going in but I'm not sure what to make of him now.

Frosted was compromised by the slow pace and put in a tremendous sustained run. He's a serious racehorse. I wouldn't mind seeing him pass the Preakness and wait for the Belmont.

Firing Line did all the dirty work for the winner and arguably ran the better race of the two. It will be interesting to see how he and American Pharoah perform on the short turnaround.

Materiality lost all chance at the break and found himself in another time zone but was running on strongly at the end. He's a big talent who wants to race near the lead. He's got Preakness written all over him if he can handle coming back in two weeks.

Materiality is going to be a special horse but still figuring things out, You might see him run huge a bit later in the year at the Haskell or Travers. Many of these horses are still so green

You know who ran a huge race but had a bit of a tough trip was Keen Ice. I think we finally saw Dortmund max out. He's a huge horse, ton of heart but at some point talent is maxed. He has run so many gutty races at a young age. Now, we will see what horses run best on short rest, should be interesting, always is

Last edited:

Honestly I wasn't. Dortmund's field in SA Derby was small and pretty subpar and he barely hung vs Firing Line on at Los Alamitos last year.

I figured Dortmund to hit the board at 2-3-4, I was HOPING Mubtaahaij would come from the middle and hit AP, but obviously didn't happen.

I really didn't see Firing Line, figured his battles with Dortmund at Santa Anita and LRC were nice, but he'd hit the middle of the pack and worse case if AP won going away and Dortmund hit the board, some late charger with a big price would hit 2 or 3.

Oh well...

I think AP goes away at Preakness and comes up short at Belmont again.

Honestly I wasn't. Dortmund's field in SA Derby was small and pretty subpar and he barely hung vs Firing Line on at Los Alamitos last year.

I figured Dortmund to hit the board at 2-3-4, I was HOPING Mubtaahaij would come from the middle and hit AP, but obviously didn't happen.

I really didn't see Firing Line, figured his battles with Dortmund at Santa Anita and LRC were nice, but he'd hit the middle of the pack and worse case if AP won going away and Dortmund hit the board, some late charger with a big price would hit 2 or 3.

Oh well...

I think AP goes away at Preakness and comes up short at Belmont again.

Should add if International Star comes back for Preakness...it'd be worth a look as well.
Although considering how crummy War Story did in Derby, it'd have to be long odds

just curious, where do you folks get your info from? im intersted in horse racing but have very little knowledge, and not an idea where to get some.

just curious, where do you folks get your info from? im intersted in horse racing but have very little knowledge, and not an idea where to get some.

Bloodhorse.com has a lot of info

DRF.com still has some here and there, but most of it you now need to pay for

Should add if International Star comes back for Preakness...it'd be worth a look as well.
Although considering how crummy War Story did in Derby, it'd have to be long odds
I heard on local radio this afternoon that supposedly International Star will run in Preakness FWIW. Often, the winner of the Derby has a good shot at Preakness because some Derby contenders skip the Preakness and wait for the Belmont. As of right now, looks like there should be a good field for the Preakness if it holds, and AP will have to really earn his 2nd leg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom