OT: Kizer ND QB... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kizer ND QB...

Ish88888

All American
He declared after 3 years i believe . He has been hailed since September but, geeez, I don't see his Translation to the NFL. Definitely didn't WOW me this year. Think he is simply jumping the dumpster fire that is Kelly and ND fb .

He declared after 3 years i believe . He has been hailed since September but, geeez, I don't see his Translation to the NFL. Definitely didn't WOW me this year. Think he is simply jumping the dumpster fire that is Kelly and ND fb .
I haven't really watched him but one site has him as the #1 QB in the draft.

I haven't really watched him but one site has him as the #1 QB in the draft.

I saw that. watched him about 5x. wasn't blown away. ND's record kinda begins to paint the picture . He will be drafted on measurables primarily .

Definitely didn't WOW me this year. Think he is simply jumping the dumpster fire that is Kelly and ND fb .

Not at all he will be a Top 10 and probably a Top 3 pick in the draft. He and the North Carolina QB are gonna be the first two QB's off the board and with SF, Chicago, Cleveland, and the Jets all picking high and in need of a QB he will get picked high and make a lot of money.

With the new rookie wage scale gotta get the first contract out of the way to get to the second contract where the real money is. So players want to start that clock as early as possible and get into the league.

Disagree -- I think he will be a solid NFL QB. Big body, big arm, mobile, seems like a solid character guy. I don't blame him for not wanting to stay at ND and get blamed for their pathetic defense.

I get the not wanting to stay with kelly and that bs system , but geeeez, just dont see him as a slam dunk 1st rounder. Tough being teams like the Browns , niners, etc.

This year's crop of NFL prospects sucks for QBs. And QBs tend to get over-drafted by QB needy teams, so a kid like Kizer projects much higher this season than he otherwise might, in years with better QB talent.

I wouldn't touch Kizer with a ten foot pole if I was an NFL team. People fall in love with physical gifts at QB, but he has a sub 60% completion percentage(53% against ranked teams) and accuracy is something that always carries over from college to pro. Trubisky from UNC is a much better prospect and the top QB on the board right now.

I don't see the Browns drafting a QB with the number 1 pick. Like others have pointed out, it's not a great year for QBs and the Browns have more pressing needs right now than a project QB who will get pummeled behind their porous O-line. Unfortunately for Cleveland, it is a very, very weak year for OL. Most projections have the top OL going in the 20s.

Kizer has all of the physical measurables, but he just makes too many mistakes at big moments. That will take some time to drill out of him.

Imo, in a year like this, you fill in your other needs early and take a flyer on a QB in the mid rounds. Why use a high pick on a QB who isn't ready?

I don't see the Browns drafting a QB with the number 1 pick. Like others have pointed out, it's not a great year for QBs and the Browns have more pressing needs right now than a project QB who will get pummeled behind their porous O-line. Unfortunately for Cleveland, it is a very, very weak year for OL. Most projections have the top OL going in the 20s.

Kizer has all of the physical measurables, but he just makes too many mistakes at big moments. That will take some time to drill out of him.

Imo, in a year like this, you fill in your other needs early and take a flyer on a QB in the mid rounds. Why use a high pick on a QB who isn't ready?

Yup. Most mocks I've seen [which admittedly aren't worth the paper they are printed on] have the Browns either going defense / defense with their first round picks, or defense / OL to address that hole at RT early.

When it's all said and done, does it reallllly matter WHO the Browns draft? They couldn't sell mittens to an eskimo.

The Browns have two Top 10 picks. They could take DE with the #1 overall pick and get a QB at 8 or 9 when they have Philly's pick

I think Kizer will be solid. Hoping the Browns try to get Garoppolo. Isn't Kizer going to be getting a new OC? I bet that is part of the reason why he is coming out early along with the weak class.

I think Kizer will be solid. Hoping the Browns try to get Garoppolo. Isn't Kizer going to be getting a new OC? I bet that is part of the reason why he is coming out early along with the weak class.

NE won't trade him. He costs no money, Brady is about to turn 40...they have no incentive to trade him.

The OC doesn't matter if the head coach calls the plays and designs the offense. When you look at Golson, Zaire, and Kizer, you see three QB's who flashed great at the beginning of their careers, then regressed.

The problem isn't the OC who is leaving, it's the Head Coach who is staying. He's a QB killer.

The Browns have two Top 10 picks. They could take DE with the #1 overall pick and get a QB at 8 or 9 when they have Philly's pick

Right now, that Philly pick is #13.

They certainly COULD do that, but there isn't a QB in this draft worthy of being taken that high.

Right now, that Philly pick is #13.

They certainly COULD do that, but there isn't a QB in this draft worthy of being taken that high.

There will be 3 QB's taken in Rd 1, and 2 probably gone in the Top 5. Where Watson goes is a wild card. Some think Top 10 others say Rd 2. Odds are Watson goes Rd 1 and odds are he is gone in the Top 10 as there are so many QB needy teams.

So if the Browns take Garret the DE out of Texas AM #1 then go Watson with their next pick that is a home run of a draft. But knowing the Browns they will trade down with BOTH picks and trade out of Rd 1 probably and take an offensive guard in Rd 2 and load up with a bunch of picks in rounds 5 and 6 and take guys you neer heard of.

There will be 3 QB's taken in Rd 1, and 2 probably gone in the Top 5. Where Watson goes is a wild card. Some think Top 10 others say Rd 2. Odds are Watson goes Rd 1 and odds are he is gone in the Top 10 as there are so many QB needy teams.

So if the Browns take Garret the DE out of Texas AM #1 then go Watson with their next pick that is a home run of a draft. But knowing the Browns they will trade down with BOTH picks and trade out of Rd 1 probably and take an offensive guard in Rd 2 and load up with a bunch of picks in rounds 5 and 6 and take guys you neer heard of.

Doubtful. Two tops in the first round, possibly none by pick #5. And if one DOES go in the top 5, it will be a reach by a desperate team, likely for Tribisky.

Most teams don't have Watson anywhere near the first round. So from a value perspective, that would be the furthest thing from a home run. Especially if they could grab Watson with their second round pick.

The Browns have made a history out of reaching for marginal talent QBs in the first round -- Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel. The last thing they need is to do the same thing again and squander the value of that second first rounder.

NE won't trade him. He costs no money, Brady is about to turn 40...they have no incentive to trade him.

McDonough last night said Brady feels the best he has ever felt and wants to play til 45. If the Browns offer too much then the Pats would gladly oblige and trade Garappolo, IMO.

McDonough last night said Brady feels the best he has ever felt and wants to play til 45. If the Browns offer too much then the Pats would gladly oblige and trade Garappolo, IMO.

They all say that until they take that one hit. Or fall off the cliff overnight live Favre did. Once you are near 40 or in your early 40's the skills diminish quickly. It does happen overnight.

Doubtful. Two tops in the first round, possibly none by pick #5. And if one DOES go in the top 5, it will be a reach by a desperate team, likely for Tribisky.

Most teams don't have Watson anywhere near the first round. So from a value perspective, that would be the furthest thing from a home run. Especially if they could grab Watson with their second round pick.

The Browns have made a history out of reaching for marginal talent QBs in the first round -- Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel. The last thing they need is to do the same thing again and squander the value of that second first rounder.

Watson will go in Rd 1 when all is said and done and you will have 3 in Rd 1 and maybe more as there will be someone come out of nowhere during the pre-draft process. It's a league with too many teams who need QB's and not enough QB's to play. And in the Top 10 you will have 2 QB's for sure and honestly I'm not sure if you don't have two gone in the Top 3 and 3 gone in the Top 10. Brad Kaaya could sneak into Round 1 too. These teams like SF, Chicago, NYJ...they can't afford to not take one. Their owners won't let them pass on one. Adding a DT or a CB is nice but when your team literally can't do anything on offense because they don't have a capable QB on the roster you can't pass on one when picking that high. And you might have teams like Arizona and Buffalo trading away the farm to get into the Top 5-10 of the draft to grab one of these QB's because they don't have a capable one on their roster either due to age or just ability!

They all say that until they take that one hit. Or fall off the cliff overnight live Favre did. Once you are near 40 or in your early 40's the skills diminish quickly. It does happen overnight.

I agree but the Pats will never pass up too sweet a deal. If CLE offers a ton then "he gone" IMO.

Watson will go in Rd 1 when all is said and done and you will have 3 in Rd 1 and maybe more as there will be someone come out of nowhere during the pre-draft process. It's a league with too many teams who need QB's and not enough QB's to play. And in the Top 10 you will have 2 QB's for sure and honestly I'm not sure if you don't have two gone in the Top 3 and 3 gone in the Top 10. Brad Kaaya could sneak into Round 1 too. These teams like SF, Chicago, NYJ...they can't afford to not take one. Their owners won't let them pass on one. Adding a DT or a CB is nice but when your team literally can't do anything on offense because they don't have a capable QB on the roster you can't pass on one when picking that high. And you might have teams like Arizona and Buffalo trading away the farm to get into the Top 5-10 of the draft to grab one of these QB's because they don't have a capable one on their roster either due to age or just ability!

Unsubstantiated, but okay. We'll see.

Drafting players doesn't improve a team. Brad Kaaya, Dishone Kizer, and the rest of the second tier prospects don't belong anywhere near the first round.

I guess that's why teams like the NYJ are what they are--because they keep taking awful QB prospects too high.

Whether certain QB prospects belong in the 1st round is beside the point. Every year, hope triumphs over experience, and QB's are drafted much higher than one would think they should be. And many turn out to be career backups at best. I think there will probably be at least 4 QB's taken in the first round, and it's likely that all 4 will be drafted higher than their grades warrant.

Call it the 'greater fool' theory. The combination of hope and desperation. And bad judgment, which goes hand in hand with desperation.