Class of 2016 - OT Kurt Gavin (IL) Verbal to Illinois | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Kurt Gavin (IL) Verbal to Illinois

Back in my state! Wondering where the Illinois offers have been.

Not long after, Lincoln-Way East offensive lineman Kurt Gavin received a message from an assistant coach of another college team. This was not a coincidence.

"That was how I found out," Gavin said. "Syracuse direct-messaged me. I was in school."

The Illini's tumultuous offseason certainly did not help recruiting.

Gavin and West Aurora safety Drake Spears, a pair of three-star recruits according to the 247Sports.com composite ratings, are the only area players in the class, which includes three two-stars and no four-stars.
--
Gavin said he chose Illinois for the school and not the coach, advice he received from Lincoln-Way East graduate and Illini redshirt freshman offensive lineman Nick Allegretti.

"Right now, I am committed to Illinois," Gavin said. "I talked to the coaches (Sunday) and everything should be good."

Gavin said the timing of the firing surprised him and his fellow recruits. He said there was a group chat on Twitter with all 14 players who committed to Beckman.

"A lot of them were surprised, but most of them are set on Illinois," Gavin said.

Not long after, Lincoln-Way East offensive lineman Kurt Gavin received a message from an assistant coach of another college team. This was not a coincidence.

"That was how I found out," Gavin said. "Syracuse direct-messaged me. I was in school."

The Illini's tumultuous offseason certainly did not help recruiting.

Gavin and West Aurora safety Drake Spears, a pair of three-star recruits according to the No links to . . . allowed on this site.com composite ratings, are the only area players in the class, which includes three two-stars and no four-stars.
--
Gavin said he chose Illinois for the school and not the coach, advice he received from Lincoln-Way East graduate and Illini redshirt freshman offensive lineman Nick Allegretti.

"Right now, I am committed to Illinois," Gavin said. "I talked to the coaches (Sunday) and everything should be good."

Gavin said the timing of the firing surprised him and his fellow recruits. He said there was a group chat on Twitter with all 14 players who committed to Beckman.

"A lot of them were surprised, but most of them are set on Illinois," Gavin said.

Most. Let's find out who's not and if they're worth a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom