OT - LeBron | Syracusefan.com

OT - LeBron

So what is the narrative going to be for the hate-Lebron-no-matter-what crowd if he return to Cleveland?

Personally, I'll still dislike him. I disliked him when he was originally on the Cavs, too. :cool:

Not bs-ing or sugar coating...I can respect that.:)

Personally, I'll still dislike him. I disliked him when he was originally on the Cavs, too. :cool:
Did you dislike him (I don't get it, but, that's your and Bobby Brown's prerogative), Ryan, or did you dislike all the "annoying" Cavs fans you had to live among as a Celtics fan (that is 'your' team, isn't it?)?

Not bs-ing or sugar coating...I can respect that.:)

I've gone into my reasons many, many times before and won't rehash that all again now. BTW, I want to be clear that my disdain for "The King" is more about sports, and has nothing to do with him as a person, role model, etc. In that regard, he's been as squeaky clean cut as they come. If the worst thing this guy ever does is "The Decision," then there's not much to criticize.

Lebron is going to Italy to play for a title with Brandon Triche. You heard it here first.

Did you dislike him (I don't get it, but, that's your and Bobby Brown's prerogative), Ryan, or did you dislike all the "annoying" Cavs fans you had to live among as a Celtics fan (that is 'your' team, isn't it?)?

That's basically it, Fireball [along with the Cavs being in a competitive rivalry with the Celtics]. Some other minor stuff, too, that correlates to living in NEO and having to put up with their over-zealous sports fans. But my post above in response to Doc addresses your main question. It is sports related, not "hate."

That's basically it, Fireball [along with the Cavs being in a competitive rivalry with the Celtics]. Some other minor stuff, too, that correlates to living in NEO and having to put up with their over-zealous sports fans. But my post above in response to Doc addresses your main question. It is sports related, not "hate."

Well then your not the kind of person I had in mind.

Over-zealous sports fans in Northeast Ohio, where I once wrote a column for the Akron Beacon Urinal critical of Woody Hayes that led to my apartment being broken into, a phone death threat middle of the night, and a dead fish (the sleeping-with-the-fishes message) on my driver's seat? Get out. Thing is, though, over-zealous sports fans are everywhere ... even Rochester and Buffalo and Syracuse and Brasil.

Had a season ticket package for about 12 games last year for the Cavs with two friends.

We decided against it for this year for a few reasons- not worth money, team is subpar, about 45-60min drive for me. However, for a while we debated just doing it in case Lebron came back, and we could flip the tickets for some $$. This was back in March-ish, so the odds were slim.

Would be funny if he did indeed go back to CL.

Had a season ticket package for about 12 games last year for the Cavs with two friends.

We decided against it for this year for a few reasons- not worth money, team is subpar, about 45-60min drive for me. However, for a while we debated just doing it in case Lebron came back, and we could flip the tickets for some $$. This was back in March-ish, so the odds were slim.

Would be funny if he did indeed go back to CL.
Too bad you didn't buy the tickets in March: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessela...liers-tickets-could-be-most-expesnive-in-nba/

Over-zealous sports fans in Northeast Ohio, where I once wrote a column for the Akron Beacon Urinal critical of Woody Hayes that led to my apartment being broken into, a phone death threat middle of the night, and a dead fish (the sleeping-with-the-fishes message) on my driver's seat? Get out. Thing is, though, over-zealous sports fans are everywhere ... even Rochester and Buffalo and Syracuse and Brasil.

That's true--I'm not making the argument that Clevealand / NEO are worse or more obnoxious than other places. But I lived there for five years, and got saturated past the brim with nonsense from that part of the country. Also factor in that my wife is from there, and that her and her entire family are OSU / Cleveland-centric die hards, and maybe my reasons for being contrarian from a competitive / sports standpoint might start to make a little more sense.

That's true--I'm not making the argument that Clevealand / NEO are worse or more obnoxious than other places. But I lived there for five years, and got saturated past the brim with nonsense from that part of the country. Also factor in that my wife is from there, and that her and her entire family are OSU / Cleveland-centric die hards, and maybe my reasons for being contrarian from a competitive / sports standpoint might start to make a little more sense.
Totally get it.

I've got a conspiracy theory-NBA has wanted lebron back in cleveland-great storyline. That's why Cleveland keeps winning the lottery every year-make it more enticing for him to return

It's getting nuts in my old neck of the woods ... people in Miami, other than Pat Riley, will be just fine if LBJ goes back to Ohio, but the people of Cleveland and Akron, not so much. Hope the governor doesn't have to call out the Ohio National Guard. http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014...ision-day-is-a-haven-for-weirdos-and-stalkers

Id've rather seen him embrace the hate. Show up at The Decision II wearing a Cavs warmup, say some nice things about growing up near Cleveland... BUT, I was glad to be able to get out of there. Take off the jacket to reveal a Heat jersey. Talk about being on a championship team... BUT, their time is up (make a comment throwing some players, staff, or the city under the boss) and it's time to move on. Rip off the jersey to reveal his actual new team - either the Knicks (play with Carmelo in the Mecca) or Lakers (will be unstoppable with Kobe and return team to where they belong). Puts him in probably the two most hated cities alongside other hated/polarizing players.

Let the rest of the league root against him while his big market team in a town with attitude buys up merchandise and everyone buys tickets/watches.