OT: Mixon video. Wow... | Syracusefan.com

OT: Mixon video. Wow...

it looks like her head hit that table awfully hard after he struck her. sick.

CN someone explain to me how he was allowed to play d1 ball?

ok, so no comment about how she instigated it and hit him twice before he hit her once?

don't act like she was just sitting there and got punched in the face for existing. hitting anyone is wrong. just because you hit weak doesnt make it any less of a crime.

is this a defense of this guy mixon? i dont know. call it what you will. I'd like to think of it more as a warning to dumb asses who think their actions won't have consequences.

Last edited:
ok, so no comment about how she instigated it and hit him twice before he hit her once?

don't act like she was just sitting there and got punched in the face for existing. hitting anyone is wrong. just because you hit weak doesnt make it any less of a crime.

Dude.

You are kidding, right?

You are kidding, right?

nope. lets say it was a guy who was in the place of the girl. maybe hes a weaker guy. not a fighter. not some football goon. but a guy. lets say he tries to hit this mixon guy and mixon hits him back and knocks him out. nobody gives a crap.

In fact, this isn't really even about this one incident. what im really trying to say is DONT HIT PEOPLE. and if you DO...then be prepared to pay the price when they hit you back.

nope. lets say it was a guy who was in the place of the girl. maybe hes a weaker guy. not a fighter. not some football goon. but a guy. lets say he tries to hit this mixon guy and mixon hits him back and knocks him out. nobody gives a crap.

In fact, this isn't really even about this one incident. what im really trying to say is DONT HIT PEOPLE. and if you DO...then be prepared to pay the price when they hit you back.

Mixon could have defended himself by grabbing the girls arms and restraining her. His leg is bigger than her entire body. She should keep her hands to herself but no way in hell that can be equated to a huge football player punching her out.

Exactly. With how hard that girl swung, she could have possibly bruised his ego. She definitely deserved that potentially life altering blow to her head.

Mixon could have defended himself by grabbing the girls arms and restraining her. His leg is bigger than her entire body. She should keep her hands to herself but no way in hell that can be equated to a huge football player punching her out.

whose equating it? you guys are missing the entirety of the point.

Legally it isn't much different, both committed assault and battery. He isn't obligated to do anything but defend himself in the way he sees fit once he was assaulted.

She also committed assault and battery just like he did, he could probably have her brought up on charges too. Not defending him at all or her.

Questions I have are 1 - Seeing how big the guy was, what was she thinking to make her go after him and 2 - Where was this video before today?

Did she really instigate it?
He followed her into the establishment and confronted her.
Was he stalking her? Did she just tell him to stay away and then shove him?

Did she really instigate it?
He followed her into the establishment and confronted her.
Was he stalking her? Did she just tell him to stay away and then shove him?
So, if he followed her there and said some really bad nasty stuff to her, that doesn't give her the right to put her hands on him any more that it gives him the right to punch her. If he hadn't punched her, we could be talking about her being brought up on charges possibly. Just because she got punched to end it doesn't mean she isn't at fault.

If she were a guy in that video we wouldn't be so up in arms about it, we probably would be saying that "he" got what he deserved for pushing/slapping him in the first place. Because she is a girl shouldn't change that, many women pull this type of stuff because they automatically think the guy won't do anything back.

To the letter of the law you are likely right that she shouldn't have touched him.
Something tells me that in the court of public opinion, and likely a jury, his response was extremely excessive and unwarranted.

Oh, and the other thing... unless you're trying to save your life, you don't hit a woman... ever.

I don't know why you're so hooked on the first point and blind to the rest.

Last edited:
Any guy who feels the need to Mike Tyson KO a female is suspect. His reaction was way above and beyond anything that was called for.

That being said.. This happens far too frequently nowadays. I'll readily acknowledge that if I'm an older poster with daughters and grew up in a different era, that I don't see how anyone could justify any of this...at all. ...but the reality is, when it comes to trash talking, anger issues, sex and violence; men and women are on very equal footing in 2016.

Go to any club/bar/social event with people under the age of 35 and you'll likely see, at some point over a period of time, a woman throwing hands at a man. A woman instigating violence with a man. What should the man do?... CLEARLY, we should act like men and use our likely stronger frames to stop them WITHOUT laying a hand on them in the form of a closed fist. That's where being a man, with integrity comes into play. Something a lot of younger guys also lack nowadays.

With that said, I also don't feel a ton of sympathy for her in an event where she allegedly called him a n***a, shoved him as he turned to walk away and then swung on him (however weak that swing may have been).

Last edited:
What he did was like using a shotgun to kill a fly. What's the legal term...excessive force. Punching any person you can easily restrain without it is wrong. Some of you are just trying to find ways to justify him being an asshat bully. Let me know how you feel should it hapen to your daughters. I don't remember this much support for Carter when he knocked the crap out of the snowballer.....(who was a male).

What he did was like using a shotgun to kill a fly. What's the legal term...excessive force. Punching any person you can easily restrain without it is wrong. Some of you are just trying to find ways to justify him being an asshat bully. Let me know how you feel should it hapen to your daughters. I don't remember this much support for Carter when he knocked the crap out of the snowballer...(who was a male).
Shouldn't the father of that daughter also look at her actions as well? Read my post above, I mainly agree with you, but I'm not down with any "paint her as a victim" narrative. If she did that to another woman, she would've got beat down far worse than one Super Saiyan punch from Mixon.

Let's be real.. She felt she could do that with no repercussions because dudes shouldn't hit back.

(P.S. This is in no way is me defending Mixon - See my post at the top of Page 2)

Last edited:
Shouldn't the father of that daughter also look at her actions as well? Read my post above, I mainly agree with you, but I'm not down with any "paint her as a victim" narrative. If she did that to another woman, she would've got beat down far worse than one Super Saiyan punch from Mixon.

Let's be real.. She felt she could do that with no repercussions because dudes shouldn't hit back.
You should stop posting now.

Any guy who feels the need to Mike Tyson KO a female is suspect. His reaction was way above and beyond anything that was called for.

That being said.. This happens far too frequently nowadays. I'll readily acknowledge that if I'm an older poster with daughters and grew up in a different era, that I don't see how anyone could justify any of this...at all. ...but the reality is, when it comes to trash talking, anger issues, s e x and violence; men and women are on very equal footing in 2016.

Go to any club/bar/social event with people under the age of 35 and you'll likely see, at some point over a period of time, a woman throwing hands at a man. A woman instigating violence with a man. What should the man do?... CLEARLY, we should act like men and use our likely stronger frames to stop them WITHOUT laying a hand on them in the form of a closed fist. That's where being a man, with integrity comes into play. Something a lot of younger guys also lack nowadays.

With that said, I also don't feel a ton of sympathy for her in an event where she allegedly called him a n***a, shoved him as he turned to walk away and then swung on him (however weak that swing may have been).

Times haven't changed that much... been happening for years and I'm not that old. I agree that the woman here needs to seriously look at her actions as well, she was wrong as well and acted like a jackass for sure.

Kid should have just restrained her once and walked away.. easier said than done but many would have done just that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom