OT: Monster Jam at the Dome | Syracusefan.com

OT: Monster Jam at the Dome

FAL

No comment.
I always wondered (and am still a bit concerned) about putting tons of dirt on to the Dome playing field, then having crazy vehicles bouncing all over said dirt, and finally removing the stuff. Can this in any way damage the field?

Never had any problems before.

They put down tons of plywood boards and plastic sheeting over the turf before the dirt comes in.

Besides, we're supposed to be getting new turf this offseason anyways.

It's amazing what layers of plastic and plywood can do

I always wondered (and am still a bit concerned) about putting tons of dirt on to the Dome playing field, then having crazy vehicles bouncing all over said dirt, and finally removing the stuff. Can this in any way damage the field?

It's fine, seen the Dome crew work on it. Amazing really. The amount of cleaning after is also tough, lots of dust and dirt hanging around.

Pete Sala is the hardest working guy in Syracuse no joke.

They just came here to Denver 2 weeks ago. I was working in the Pepsi center and asked what they did with the ice for the hockey rink, after I saw bulldozers, etc. moving all that dirt in. I was told the ice was under all the dirt and was actually as hard as concrete and nothing happens. Agree with above about the cleaning job required. My friend who works there even has to lower the main scoreboard and air power wash the entire thing because of how much dust and dirt is in there. The scoreboard is 3 stories tall btw and can lower all the way to the floor. Pretty cool..

With all the GD snow this year (with no thaws!), they should have brought the snow in and had snowmobile races! Hope I can find a parking place between snow piles for the Spring Game.

They just came here to Denver 2 weeks ago. I was working in the Pepsi center and asked what they did with the ice for the hockey rink, after I saw bulldozers, etc. moving all that dirt in. I was told the ice was under all the dirt and was actually as hard as concrete and nothing happens. Agree with above about the cleaning job required. My friend who works there even has to lower the main scoreboard and air power wash the entire thing because of how much dust and dirt is in there. The scoreboard is 3 stories tall btw and can lower all the way to the floor. Pretty cool..

Venue management is wild. Really tough and demanding industry.

They do Monster Jam in NFL stadiums so there is no worry for the Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom