OT: My father's retirement | Syracusefan.com

OT: My father's retirement

Hoov50

Starter
A few years back, many of you fine Orange fans voted and helped my father win third place in a nationwide contest. This past weekend he decided to "hang of the whistle" after 41 years of coaching. Here are a few articles for those interested:

Longtime Walton football coach Hoover retires

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/sports/2016/10/24/waltons-hoover-announces-retirement/92707040/

Walton Central School District News Article
Congratulations to your dad for his stellar service to the kids in Walton. Bravo!

A few years back, many of you fine Orange fans voted and helped my father win third place in a nationwide contest. This past weekend he decided to "hang of the whistle" after 41 years of coaching. Here are a few articles for those interested:

Walton's Hoover announces retirement

Many cheers for your dad, clearly a guy we should honor for his contributions. He left an incredible record of success. Best wishes...

Mr. Jim Hoover was a classmate of my mom and a friend of many members of my family. Walton under his tutelage, like Vestal under his father's, was a force to be reckoned with. Imitation is for sure a form of flattery, and many successful Section 4 coaches over the years did their best to imitate the Walton style, with varying degrees of success. From all accounts, Mr. Hoover is a stellar individual and actually a better man than coach- which says a lot! All the best to Jim Hoover and his entire family.

Walton's Hoover announces retirement

We tend to forget what an impression men like your dad (and women, maybe not in FB but most everything else now!) make on ordinary people and especially the kids who played for them.

You have a lot to be proud of, Hoov50, and a legacy to live up to, however you choose to do so.