OT: Need help from NY residents | Syracusefan.com

OT: Need help from NY residents

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
My cousin (Cuse season ticket holder) lives in Binghamton, NY. Water line to his house is frozen which is inconvenient BUT his heat is also hot water baseboard which makes it a much more immediate need. He's on a long waiting list with the city (he's not the only frozen water line) but is there anyone he should/could contact to expedite the process given that he is without heat until they get it fixed? There aren't small children or elderly in the house so it's not top priority but their house temp was in the 50's when he left this AM and dropping so concerned for him, his wife, and their dogs if this turns into week/s long issue and temps go back down.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Does he have space heaters? They can get him through and keep the damage to a minimum. I went through similar situation and put a wood stove in my kitchen. That way I don't rely on anyone. NIMO can go straight to hell as far as I am concerned. The way I have it set up at my house I can survive most anything except a direct nuclear hit. I wish him good luck.