Class of 2016 - OT Noel Brouse (PA) to UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Noel Brouse (PA) to UConn

PS - I've heard McGloster's doing wonderful. So much so, that higher profile guys are struggling to get by him on the depth chart.

That would be a very nice development. Has the size, just needs the coaching. If he's good I think that says a lot about Adam as an OL coach

Agree with Tomcat here, they obviously like the kid a lot and don't care what anyone says, if Syracuse takes 21-25 kids a year, we will always have 3-5 kids like this and most likely at the DT or OL positions, tough to come by. We will know in 2-3 years what this kid has to offer.

I can tell you with certainty that they love this kid. If the offer sheet doesn't get you excited, that's fair; however, this staff liked him enough to accept a commitment this early, so I'm quite good with it.

Big, athletic kid with brains. We will surely be fighting off other schools over the next 8 months.

Expect a couple more commits over the next 2-3 weeks.

Couple things- This early commit pretty much guarantees he doesn't get a big bump in the star rankings, even if he ends up being a top T in PA his senior year. Hope to hear a lot of big school are sniffing around during his senior year.

Also, I hope he has a mean streak! Love me lineman to play with a little fire.

Can't see how this would be a reach if we didn't "reach" for Manning, who is a 3-star and had many good offers.

I don't think we're reaching for anyone in June.

I can tell you with certainty that they love this kid. If the offer sheet doesn't get you excited, that's fair; however, this staff liked him enough to accept a commitment this early, so I'm quite good with it.

Big, athletic kid with brains. We will surely be fighting off other schools over the next 8 months.

Expect a couple more commits over the next 2-3 weeks.

Agree 100% with both of you. Taking a commitment in June is the antithesis of a "reach." The staff must have really seen something that they liked in this prospect -- I'm guessing that it was the athleticism / quick feet. Obviously, this isn't a fat slob [260 pounds on a 6-5 frame], so they probably project that he'll retain that athleticism even as he adds good size and weight as part of a collegiate S&C program. I'm betting that in two years, this kid will be at 290.

I'll be the first to admit that the offer list underwhelms, but give me smart, athletic OL over big fat guys who can't move any day. I trust the staffs' evaluation on this one; we're never going to get blue chip linemen, so we might as well identify and actively go after high upside guys in the trenches who fit our system.

Does he play OT currently? Or is the staff just projecting him there?

Love a 6'6" kid looking to be an OT. Great size, looks to have solid athleticism and quickness and could be a real monster in a few years.

Does he play OT currently? Or is the staff just projecting him there?

Love a 6'6" kid looking to be an OT. Great size, looks to have solid athleticism and quickness and could be a real monster in a few years.

Right now he goes both ways ... OT and DL

I am a little skeptical of why the staff accepted his commitment when there's other OT's out there but I have to trust the staff. He must of been high on their boards. One thing I will tell you guys. Both Brouse and DeGeorge have a mean streak about them that you cant teach to kids. They finish blocks and they finish tackles. Their Nasty players. Which I like. You either have that nastinest or you dont. You cant teach that , not even to a 5 star recruit.

Agree 100% with both of you. Taking a commitment in June is the antithesis of a "reach." The staff must have really seen something that they liked in this prospect -- I'm guessing that it was the athleticism / quick feet. Obviously, this isn't a fat slob [260 pounds on a 6-5 frame], so they probably project that he'll retain that athleticism even as he adds good size and weight as part of a collegiate S&C program. I'm betting that in two years, this kid will be at 290.

I'll be the first to admit that the offer list underwhelms, but give me smart, athletic OL over big fat guys who can't move any day. I trust the staffs' evaluation on this one; we're never going to get blue chip linemen, so we might as well identify and actively go after high upside guys in the trenches who fit our system.

Look at how long his arms are. No T-Rex arms here. Kid's video is beastly on DL and OL. Does he play for a smaller school in PA? I'm not sure how he hasn't garnered more scholarship offers.

Last edited:
I like his measurables and him being smart is a bonus if he ends up being our LT. He has a frame that can easily add 30+ pounds and retain his quickness. The staff really does love players who play on both sides of the field. I actually really like this commitment. Offensive linemen development is almost entirely dependent on coaching. There are very few high school physical specimens that truly need little coaching unlike runningbacks/receivers/linebackers.

I trust the staff here. There is no way they accept a commit at this point unless they love the kid

Wait until this kid gets into Hicks' S&C program. Hicks gets alot of shite, but he is good at turning big HS kids into freaks in college. There is a reason Freeney and others continually come back to train with him.

Seems like we're entertaining many more prospects that are much less of academic risks. There are only so many kids this size with good frames that fit the criteria our coaches are looking for. Like seeing this pickup more than a Burton or McGloster really late in the cycle. Nothing against those two, but, it looks like Brouse fit their profile and they made him part of the class. Whereas, I think the other two may have been guys they knew were projects and took a flyer on to fill out the class.

PS - I've heard McGloster's doing wonderful. So much so, that higher profile guys are struggling to get by him on the depth chart.
Unlike the Big East, the ACC only allows one partial qualifier per sport. When we were in the Big East many were allowed. This seems to be the staff's adjustment to this new reality.

Noel, welcome to the Syracuse Football family!

noel brouseownload.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom